Sign in to follow this  
Commando84

Mission Editing Competition

ah, ok. smile_o.gif

sorry that i did not read the rules intensively enough wink_o.gif

Don't worry, 50% of the competition entrants didn't either wink_o.gif

I'm going to see how many people have voted so far then declare a deadline in today's flashnews smile_o.gif

14th of February. Things are moving on again. Excellent.  smile_o.gif

/edit

On a side note, the mission package has been downloaded 885 times from OFPEC alone, so technically there should be many votes given.. tounge_o.gif

Better vote soon then, only a few hours left smile_o.gif

Once it's all done and dusted, will the judges forum be published so us also-rans can review the comments on our efforts? Or will such information be made available in some other format if it's a bit contentious in it's raw form?

I would imagine there's a lot of valuable information in there on mission execution and player expectations so it would be a pity if it just disappeared.

Well to be honest there isn't much in there that will be useful to anyone, most of the comments about missions were bug reports or bitching about lag (it was very popular to put 5000 units into a mission). Mainly judges were advised how to rate the missions and they got on with it, some of them added comments in the individual spreadsheets but as for commenting on them in the actual forum I discouraged it as much as possible so that each time a judge tried a mission they were approaching it with a blank mind (some blanker than others wink_o.gif). It was my primary concern as much as anything that this competition be run in as fair and as unbiased a way as was possible, that's one of the reasons why it has taken as long as it has, but I think it was worth it to retain the integrity, whoever wins the main prize will have won it fairly smile_o.gif

I can't see any real purpose for people to have access to the forum, if people would like feedback on their submission as I've already done a few times I'm happy to give that via PM or Email smile_o.gif

When the results (public and judges) will be officialy published?

The voting period just ended, but we still dont know who won and when we will know. smile_o.gif

The voting for the public prize closed yesterday, the main judging for the top prize is ongoing, I'm hoping the judges will all be nearly done, I PM'd them all yesterday and I'm hoping when they decide to reply to me it will be with good news wink_o.gif

Hope I'll see some good news about it in monday Flashnews. It can't take too long to choose one of ten allready tested missions  wink_o.gif

How many judges are working on the MEC Top Ten? Must be hard to decide which one's the best I guess. blues.gif

Soooo... Progress? I want to see the final verdict already! (Also want to see how my missions did, and why they didnt like em wink_o.gif )

If someone can lend me a cattle prod I may have the results quite soon wink_o.gif

Well, what about deadline? It easy and no brutal force is needed. If someone wont vote in time he is out of process - how simple.

I guess that someone who is not able to vote in time dont take it seriously and jus slow down the voting process (there was enough time to test top 10 missions from any angle of view possible).

Yeah that's true! But maybe placebo needs some time to write and publish all information, notes and what ever. smile_o.gif

@Silver Falcon

MGS3 wink_o.gif

I think we should be ready very soon to announce the winners smile_o.gif

FlashNews 21st March 2005 might make for interesting reading wink_o.gif

Wa-Hooo, finally, i am just as keen as everyone else to see who won.

As long as <insert title of uber ofp mission here> wins I think this competition is a success. If it does'nt win, then still every mission maker out there should use it as a template  smile_o.gif I guess only placebo knows what I'm talking about ...for now)

FlashNews 21st March 2005 might make for interesting reading wink_o.gif

wohoo! smile_o.gif

Okies I've just tallied all the scores so know who won and and the winners will definitely be announced in Monday's FlashNews. Now I'm just sorting out the prizes and I'll see about listing them/posting pics at some point so everyone can see what has been won and by whom smile_o.gif