Sign in to follow this  
Commando84

Mission Editing Competition

Whats the status on the ofp mission making competition?

how many missions are rewieved and so on.. tounge_o.gif

I got my buddy's up my ass asking if i won or somebody else did smile_o.gif

Ya I was wondering how it was going on my 2.5 hour bus drive back from my XC meet... Had to do something.

Apparently at stage 3 of the process, the # of missions submitted in each category is posted on flashnews.

Ya I was wondering how it was going on my 2.5 hour bus drive back from my XC meet... Had to do something.

lol, same thing here biggrin_o.gif. I was on my way back from my XC meet and was wondering same thing tounge_o.gif.

May as well quote myself from an answer I gave about the same thing.

By the way how long will it take before you manage to decide on a winner?

It will take some time before we decide on a winner, how large an amount that some is will become clearer as time progresses, currently we're right in the middle of stage 3 which is a preliminary judging stage whereby each mission is tested by a number of judges to ensure it displays a fundamental level of quality and rule abidance, stage after that is where each mission is played through fully from start to finish and rated resulting in the final ten, as you can probably imagine the stage we're in now and the next stage are the most time consuming for all concerned smile_o.gif

This should be in ME&S so I'll move it over there, I deliberately chose not to create an update thread as I was curious how many would read the FlashNews and notice the information I put in there wink_o.gif

Thx for replying smile_o.gif and flashnews seems intresting if you don't have much time to browse through all sites tounge_o.gif

Of course it's interesting wink_o.gif

If you want something to bookmark the index/archive is updated each time a new FlashNews is put out smile_o.gif

For those who haven't read the latest FlashNews.......

Quote[/b] ]Unfortunately due to technical problems a couple of the judges who were helping in the stages prior to the final stage have had to temporarily hold suspend their judging. As such it would be helpful to have a couple more names of people who would be interested in helping with the judging, if you have a fair amount of free time, haven't entered the competition and would like to help, please send an Email to the feedback address at the bottom of the page.

I would love to test some missions, but i have submited so i can't test any, i know a friend that maybe could test but im not sure if he wants to do it mad_o.gif

I've had one <s>foolish</s> brave volunteer so that may be enough if nobody else <s>can't configure a computer</s> has tech problems wink_o.gif

Having said that I won't say I need nobody else, it wouldn't hurt to have another judge onboard smile_o.gif

Why didnt u sy anything earlier. I've had school holidays. But too late. I go to school on Monday. But none of my friends will be there sad_o.gif

I'd love to help you out mate, but I've *mumble*participated*cough* myself and making me a judge would be the same as declaring me the ultimate winner so..

I'm glad to see you haven't fallen into a silent abyss with the contest. It's very nice that you're keeping us all updated. Who knows, maybe you'll get some judges with no other life than OFP, and some lucky bastard will have his VBS as a christmas present  biggrin_o.gif

VBS for christmas doesn't sound so bad, even though i thaugt that the competition would have ended before autumn biggrin_o.gif

well maybe more nice to get it for christmas tounge_o.gif

how many missions have you reviewd so far ? smile_o.gif

like 50 out of 80 or is 1/3 or what? My friend asked me so i have to ask here tounge_o.gif

It's hard to define an actual number, because the missions are split into the various categories, I'm hoping that I can give an update in Monday's FlashNews, which should also (hopefully) provide (finally) an estimated date as to when we'll be down to the final 10, fingers crossed and all that wink_o.gif

I am one hard working mofo trying to get these things judged but we are making progress.

Quote[/b] ]Monday's FlashNews
Which Monday's? smile_o.gif

The one after I've received what I'm waiting to receive from the judges smile_o.gif

If you're going to burst please aim away from the forums wink_o.gif

I'm not going to predict an announcement date anymore as when something relies on coordinating a group of people there's too much unpredictability involved.

I will say we're getting closer and hardware willing there's a lot of MP mission testing going on this weekend smile_o.gif