Sign in to follow this  
Commando84

Mission Editing Competition

Thanks for releasing those 10 missions and their needed addon list in a pack available to the community.

Very appreciated and downloading right now.

thx artak

we need more mirrors for the addon pack (so ofpec doesn't get its bandwidth completely sapped)

edit:

the addons by themselves are 156mb on your computer, in case anyone is curious

Wow nice ! And thank you OFPEC for the files at over 200kbs

Thanks OFPEC and blackdog~ for mirroring the missions and the addons required, will make life easier for people smile_o.gif

Yep the addonpackage is good.

I noticed, that running the addons from a modfolder made some problems with addon loading in the some missions. So pls copy all addons in the normal addons folder.

thx for tips and helping out with mirrors guys smile_o.gif

sadly my mission didn't become in the top but im happy that the competition is done anyways and i will download and play the missions later this weekend biggrin_o.gif

New thread for bug reports? 'Cause I found one I think sad_o.gif

New thread for bug reports? 'Cause I found one I think sad_o.gif

You can use this thread that was started in UM smile_o.gif

I´m very sorry to say, I`ve deleted the missions and addons needed by this missions, because of error messeges over and over. As I´m not sure whats behind this, I don`t claim the mission makers responsable for that. Surprising to me was, that absolutely outdated addons are used in this missions.

Me think`s, we have Y2K3 and EECP so it would be best, missions where made with standart units, so they can be replaced by the Mod`s a player is using. I have over 9 GB of addons that I have downloaded over the years, and now I had to download stuff I never needed before. sad_o.gif

But that don`t mean anyone should not test this missions.

Maybe on other machines, with other addons in use, there are no errors. A big minus is, and that`s not the fault of the mission makers, that it`s not possible to put the needed addons in a mod folder.

I`m very sorry that my statement must be this negative, but I didn`t expected that much trouble with this as other newer campaign`s, using actual addons are running fine with no problem. sad_o.gif

EDIT:

Me starts building a bunker now, to be ready for the reactions to my post. biggrin_o.gif

The errors are caused by some addons that seems to not really coexist happily.

So to solve this problem, you should install -only- the needed addons for the mission you want to play, do not install all the addons from the pack in the same time .

Then uninstall those addons when you want to play another mission and install -only- the ones required by this mission.

This way no error should pop up.

Notice that the error popping up in the missions if you install the whole addons in the same time are not breaking them from what i experienced.

I played only 3 of the missions so far (Everon Transport, Hawk in net, Defensive Strike) , and i am very impressed by them, they really deserve to be considered as "finalist".

Of course there some foreign langage to me (but even english is a foreign langage to me) but you notice that there is a lot of work behind them.

Congratulations to the finalists, that is a great work.

Selecting the winner will be a very difficult task, as there are some high quality missions in this final of the competition.

Can I make a suggestion that Placebo (or anyone else involved) doesn't even accept votes for at least a couple of weeks? Because it's going to take that long just to play all these missions! smile_o.gif

We spent all this time working on it already, a little more time to wait wont be a problem at all wink_o.gif

I have been abusing all computers at various xmas parties to be able to catch a glimpse of the winners list, but there was only a hefty download, so I post the list with mission titles & types here:

Quote[/b] ]

Mission Name: Swordfish III

Mission Type: Single Player With Addons

Mission Name: Everon Transport 2

Mission Name: Too Young to Die

Mission Name: Hawk In Nets

Mission Name: Pingushooting

Mission Name: Morning dew

Mission Type: Single Player Without Addons

Mission Name: Defensive Strike

Mission Name: Chinook Down

Mission Name: Volcano

Mission Type: MP Coop No Addons

Mission Name: CTF vs. AI Houdan

Mission Type: MP Non Coop No Addons

congrats to all 10, I will start comparing ASAP. some names sound quite familiar BTW

oohhh mine isn´t one of that...jejejee congratulations to the finalist ˇ ˇ i´ll play them wink_o.gif

THESE MISSION JUST GIVE ME ERRORS AND CRASHES back to OFP's main menu, someof them require UNPOPULAR addons

And why there is no missions for East side  tounge_o.gif

THESE MISSION JUST GIVE ME ERRORS AND CRASHES back to OFP's main menu

As has already been said some of the addons don't get on too well with the other ones, so either install the addons one mission at a time or use mod folders, I've tested them all individually and they work fine.

Yeah as said please dont ask us for votes for at least 2-3 weeks because it will take that long for some of us to dl the mission pack and to play the mission will take at least a week or 2

xmas_o.gif

Well the poll will be open for 1 month, I think that 1 month starting from 1st January makes sense, although I will most likely implement the poll today or tomorrow (of course nobody is forced to vote until they are ready to vote) smile_o.gif

Longer than a month I think. Just in case there are people who are unable to get hold of the missions.

Maybe some lucky soul has gone on holiday over Christmas?

Me think`s, we have Y2K3 and EECP so it would be best, missions where made with standart units, so they can be replaced by the Mod`s a player is using.

I think addons must be created for missions, not missions for popular often used addons/mods.

Well, I've run through 4 missions and haven't met any problems so far. I keep my Addons folder tidy smile_o.gif

BTW, how will be the prizes for 10 finalists "signed"? With a pen or what? biggrin_o.gif

BTW, how will be the prizes for 10 finalists "signed"? With a pen or what? biggrin_o.gif

I will out of my own pocket buy one of those nice pens that write in silver or gold and I will then talk nicely to my colleagues to ask them to sign the goods smile_o.gif