Sign in to follow this  
Blackblood

Blackblood's desert grunts

I've seen some pictures RMCs using M16s in Iraq.

As for what weapons our SF use, they'll use whatever we have available that is suitable for their operational requirements.

I believe currently we have this array of weapons available:

Browning Hi-Power, Walther PPK, SiG-Sauer P226, SiG-Sauer P228, SiG-Sauer P229, MP5A3, MP5K, MP5SD, HK53, Minimi, GPMG, G3A3, G3A4, G3KA4, L115 Long Range Rifle, Barrett M82A1, L96, SA-80, LSW, M16A2, Colt Commando, C7, C8 SFW, AG36, M203, LAW 80, M72 LAW, Javelin.

We also have a wealth of weapons in storage, captured or otherwise that could potentially be used.

Though from what I've read the M16A2, GPMG, L96, Minimi, Sig P226, Browning Hi-Power and MP5 series for CRW are the weapons most commonly issued.

Well when I was in the SAS......

Shit I told you all now! Ok line up to be shot.

That bastard beat me to it.

Da12thmonkey, how many books did you read to find out that information?  wink_o.gif

Blackblood, like the weapons, they look fantastic, although a bit familiar biggrin_o.gif

Weapons look abit crap actually Mav tounge_o.gif

Just kidding, the whole lot looks awesome! wow_o.gif

dontcha just love it when the "experts" crawl outta the woodwork

i liked these units 1st tiem round smile_o.gif

Da12thmonkey, how many books did you read to find out that information?  wink_o.gif

I don't read books tounge_o.gif I have seen similar lists dotted about on places like militaryphotos.net's forums etc, but the list is mostly comprised from what I've seen around the place I work at: DLO Donnington, one of the places these sorts of weapons get stored. Those are the weapons I know have recieved Land Service designations (L#) from the MoD, hence I assume they certified for use among our forces, not to say they are specifically used by the SAS or have been, just that we have these weapons for their disposal.

Those models are teh win. Can you give us a hazy deadline that we can harass you about?

It's really hard to know what our SF are doing equipment wise in the field.

Unlike the Americans who are apparently quite happy to be photographed and whose choice of pistol holster/tactical vest/trainers/radios etc. etc. is quite readily available in lots of "airsoft" type forums, our SF have this strange aversion to the entire world knowing where they are and what they are doing biggrin_o.gif

Photographs from Afghanistan (there's 6 or 7 that I've seen) it looked like lots of C8 SFW (L119A1) carbines were being used but who knows whether that is representative or what's being used in Iraq?

The Nightstalkers mod have a nice looking C7/C8 pack in the works.

edit

12thMonkey If you posted what the "L" number of the C7 was, would you then have to kill us?

12thMonkey If you posted what the "L" number of the C7 was, would you then have to kill us?

I hope not biggrin_o.gif, but I don't know it anyway so I'm safe anyway.

I read in the DPA's journal and elsewhere that the Diemaco contract was for the purchase of both the C8 and C7 and as I don't remember anything about the C7 order being dropped subsequent to the article, I can only assume we recieved the C7 with the C8, (which as you've said is L119A1) and it too recieved a Land Service number, which it should recieve if it was officially contracted by the DPA as the C8 definitely was.

In retrospect I should say it's not certain that we have C7s until I actually see evidence for it like I have done with the C8 I guess I just put it on the list because of my progressive train of thought compiling the list for the rest which I am certain about having seen and/or worked with in the realms of our forces, I appologise for this 'mistake'. It is possible that we pulled the C7s from the contract in the end or what I read about the contract originally was misinformation and we only ever held a contract for the C8. But the stuff I read was pretty official and I haven't seen anything that says otherwise, just a lack of evidence subsequent to the report. I'll see about finding out.

I am pretty certain the British Army SF use C7's. But i better not name my sources rock.gif

Well, the prefered weapon in the first gulf war by the SAS was the M16 M203.

Really good looking units you got in there man, I hope we can change the arm patches so we can use them as SAS, well, get read of the arm patches, cos the SAS didn't had any in Irak biggrin_o.gif

@CERO.

im pretty sure we have the C7 as we train with it in canada, i would'nt think we ould borrow em from the canadians.

I like them but hey are you gonna make the royal marines with the DPM green top and Desert pants?

Now that's what i call inspirational feedback! biggrin_o.gif

Now for some answers:

-THE WEAPONS: They are indeed P:UKF's fine work. Will stick to that piece of perfection. ;)

Gonna try and approach the guy who did the excellent L96 and ask permission to bundle a desert scheme version with my pbo.

-THE DARK TANS: This is one of two versions:

1. seen-a-lot-of-action-dirty-look (the one on the pics)

2. Less dirt and cleaner, paler look (regular grunts etc)

-THE "SF": I chose to call 'em "SF" because I really don't know what the SAS/SBS wears in desert environment. The RMC patch showed up accidentally. I wanted to make these blokes stand out from the rest of my pack with different config, gear, boots, clothings and more of a bada** look(!).

- SMOCK: Yes a dpm smock sniper unit with animated hood and goggles will show his ugly face soon(ish).

- RELEASE: Pretty soon I hope. LOD's and texture improvements left. The above model has been spearheading the entire development so it's basically cut'n'paste berets and helmets from here on...

Back to work tomorrow, will post pics and info as soon as my schedule allow me.

-STINKY GRAMMAR!: Yep, it's late here in ol' Sweden and i'm brutally hungovered. Bear with me, ok?

Additional facts: The "SF" units will all be wearing animated goggles (compatible w BAS chopper script). The goggles ON/OFF action will also trigger a shemagh wrapping round their heads. I hate cluttering up the actions menu so the shemagh is totally automatic.

The smock sniper will have a hood with the same automated function as the shemagh...

...see ya soon/BB

@Goob

Quote[/b] ]Looking great Blackblood! Väldigt vackert

...man bugar och bockar... biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]-THE "SF": I chose to call 'em "SF" because I really don't know what the SAS/SBS wears in desert environment.

I'm not sure what the SBS where in desert invironment but the SAS where standard desert camo last I saw of them... smile_o.gif

I wouldn't compare the RMC to the US Army Rangers. As much as I respect the Rangers I don't think they match up to the Royal Marines, that's just my opinion thought.

Anyway, nice work Blackblood, excellent troops... biggrin_o.gif

sim

I'm not sure what the SBS where in desert invironment but the SAS where standard desert camo last I saw of them...  smile_o.gif

Yes, that's preaty much debatable biggrin_o.gif

When they where in Iraq in 1990 they went like that and end up looking like Beduins, something that hellp them to infiltrate the Iraqui lines because the Iraquis though that they wasn't foreign forces but their own biggrin_o.gif all that was by accident, lol, but this would meen the creation of new models and so on, so as the models are now they are good.

regards.

@CERO.

Looking great so far, I like the worn look, it adds more authenticity to the soldier.

The goggles ON/OFF action will also trigger a shemagh wrapping round their heads. I hate cluttering up the actions menu so the shemagh is totally automatic.

The smock sniper will have a hood with the same automated function as the shemagh...

Have you got any pictures of this in action to show us yet?

Nice work Blackblood, looking forward to these units.

i dont know if this has been addressed yet, but in the old units i added rocket launchers, and they were held horizontaly across the back(really cool!), but when the unit went to use the weapon he would hold it horizontally aswell.

weird.