Sign in to follow this  
Blackblood

Blackblood's desert grunts

@Munk

You asked for it. Expect a BETA package Saturday night (CET).  biggrin_o.gif

You mean today right? RIGHT!?!? crazy_o.gif

Edit: You'll probably be better off sending it all over msn (munk_d@hotmail.com)

and as Pathy said below, you can trust the lads...

Thanks BB, the RAAB lads are all trustworthy (and threatened with a boot up thier arse if they do anything unsavoury with em tounge_o.gif ) and will put em completely thru their paces. If theres a bug in there regarding MP, you'll hear it wink_o.gif

Well I didn't make the deadline (BETA test).

Story of my life. As always busy as hell. Bugs the f*CENSORED*g hell out of me.

You DON'T wanna know how messed up my life is right now. *add violins here*

Well, well. Trying again tomorrow. Keep a stiff upper lip, BETA testers... blues.gif  blues.gif

*starts to laugh in a very high pitch, takes aim at the monitor with fist while headbutting the keyboard in joyful matter*

Well I didn't make the deadline (BETA test).

Story of my life. As always busy as hell. Bugs the f*CENSORED*g hell out of me.

You DON'T wanna know how messed up my life is right now. *add violins here*

Well, well. Trying again tomorrow. Keep a stiff upper lip, BETA testers... blues.gif  blues.gif

*starts to laugh in a very high pitch, takes aim at the monitor with fist while headbutting the keyboard in joyful matter*

Everything will be ok... biggrin_o.gif Take your time.looks bad ass btw.

Alrighty then. BETA done and ready to fly.

On the run. *mental note: change nickname to 'Busy Beaver'*

These guys (chosen randomly from a pile of applicants) with adjacent henchmen are your main BETA testers.

C4P741N

(Paratrooper(?)) (Lost contact jan 17th)

Munk

...give 'em hell! Nah just kidding...

Will be gone for a couple of days. Looking forward (or do I...?) to hear your thoughts on it.

Will post new screenies soon(ish)...

tounge_o.gif

Alrighty then. BETA done and ready to fly.

On the run. *mental note: change nickname to 'Busy Beaver'*

These guys (chosen randomly from a pile of applicants) with adjacent henchmen are your main BETA testers.

C4P741N

Paratrooper

Munk

...give 'em hell! Nah just kidding...

Will be gone for a couple of days. Looking forward (or do I...?) to hear your thoughts on it.

Will post new screenies soon(ish)...

tounge_o.gif

iam lost so will it be out tonight or will you send them to your beta testers tonight rock.gifbiggrin_o.gif lol

He's sent them to the beta testers tonight wink_o.gif

17jan36nr.th.jpg

Paras with helmets are also included. The ribbon (on helmet) can be removed for a more regular look.

If all goes well, there will be a very nice bonus added to these blokes when it's time for release (still sceeming with the author of that addon)...

*WARNING! MOANING AND GROANING BELOW*

Another thing that REALLY needs to be said again and again:

"Borrowing", "Cut 'n paste", downright stealing is NEVER ok. And it's not sufficient to just drop the line : "I couldn't get a hold of addonmaker X in order to get permission" etc.

I've seen a lot of things with an extremely familiar look on it (not necessarily my stuff) and it really gets me thinking; Why the xxxx don't they use the models as reference and actually learn from it instead of just snatching it.

That's how I did it. Hell, i've been diggin thru BAS models, Lowlands warrior, you name it, just to learn how things are attached and defined. Trust me, it's much more rewarding at the end.

Furthermore why should I be Mr Honest and make everything from scratch when it seems very few does the same..."Wow this guy's got delusions of grandure ranting about like that", you might think. Well just ask any original addon maker who spends countless of hours, sweating, cursing and finally share his work just to see it plundered by lazy dudes out there. Noone's laughing...

Yes my BETA 0.5 from 2003 had very few bits and pieces from elsewhere (boot textures), but I like to emphasize "BETA". I stated clearly in the readme that everything was gonna be remade before the final release. The current version has nothing to do with the BETA. Enough of that. Just my share of late night cynicism. And for those of you who actually asked - disregard this as it has nothing to do with you.

*MOANING AND GROANING ENDS HERE*

If I still got any friends out there, I'll see you on wednesday with fresh news. wink_o.gif

If I still got any friends out there, I'll see you on wednesday with fresh news.  wink_o.gif

I'm your friend. Does that mean we get an early release biggrin_o.giftounge_o.gif.

these are looking good so far ..the randomised stuff works realy well...hopefully there'll be enough RAABers on tonight to give them a proper run thru in MP. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]hopefully there'll be enough RAABers on tonight to give them a proper run thru in MP.

Hopefully some who has more time than me will make some missions wink_o.gif

blackblood... one thing with the para helmet... remember to add a net around it wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]hopefully there'll be enough RAABers on tonight to give them a proper run thru in MP.

Hopefully some who has more time than me will make some missions wink_o.gif

Hopefully you'll stop yapping so much mad_o.giftounge_o.gif. You and the other beta guys are the only ones who can make missions considering your the only guys with the addons crazy_o.giftounge_o.gif.

Not really. You can always make a mission with the avalible units and then just simply replace them when the new ones are out.

well thats got me confused sad_o.gif

Some updates. Gotta make this short. On the run again...

Below is an image containing the different looks your randomized unit gets.

- 7 different head configs

- Patrolpack/No patrolpack

- Longsleeves/Short sleeves

- Gasmask pouch/ No Gasmask pouch

- (under construction: Tac holster, Bergen)

appear8003pw.th.jpg

...Oh and some changes since the latest BETA (jan 16, 2005)

CONFIG.CPP:

- New class: "BLB_DPARA_HLM" (para w helmet)

- New class: "BLB_DSAS_PRR" (SAS w headset)

- New class: "BLB_DSAS_CUS" (SAS template, manual customization)

SCRIPTS:

- initSAS_rnd.sqs (better random values eg. better random appearence)

- initSAS_rnd.sqs (added headset option)

BLB_DSAS:

- Improved: Vestpockets LOD

- Improved: Shemagh LOD

- Improved: Headset LOD

- Fixed: Different boot textures at a distance

- Fixed: Shirt cutting thru flak jacket while running

- Fixed: Gasmaskpouch not defined in lower LOD

See you soon and thanx for the nice feedback!

Sterling job!

I like the randomizing for the units, but will you be including some Game Logics for the different appearances, for lazy mission editors like myself?

DAMN! I'm sorry but I just have to say this;

The guys who don't have the PRR on their heads, still have the PRR attached to the shoulderpart of their webgear.

Personally I think you shouldn't randomize the PRR's headset, since it is already used a lot in RL and ultimately every soldier in a combatzone get's one (when on duty).

Among special forces this was already quite commen (note that US army rangers and Seals already had comm-systems like the PRR 10 years ago for example).

So for SAS and regular troops the PRR is or will be a standard part of the gear. It's the only effective way to talk to eachother on a distance without having to shout or use handsignals (although this will never disappear)

Units look absolutely awesome, btw.

I love the little pouch on the upperarm in the textures!

DAMN! I'm sorry but I just have to say this;

The guys who don't have the PRR on their heads, still have the PRR attached to the shoulderpart of their webgear.

Why so sorry? That's indeed valuable information!

Didn't know it was already that common in the field. The PRR stays on their little shaved heads from now on. smile_o.gif

@Messiah

Will knit nets to the nuts in notime. smile_o.gif

If you mean the painted pocket, that´s the photoshop plugin from BAS. Excellent stuff. Applies wrinkles to textures etc. All credit to them gurus!

IF you mean the PRR pouch, that's my work (textures from flecktarn.co.uk)

In that case I meant both  tounge_o.gif

Thank god for that BAS stuff.

edit;

In afghanistan the PRR was first used on large scale by british forces. The PRR is indeed what is says it is; a personal radio. EVERY soldier in a platoon has one.

If you mean the painted pocket, that´s the photoshop plugin from BAS. Excellent stuff. Applies wrinkles to textures etc. All credit to them gurus!

IF you mean the PRR pouch, that's my work (textures from flecktarn.co.uk)

Where can one find this plugin?