Sign in to follow this  
kegetys

DXDLL 1.0 (not Geforce MX compatible)

for those suffering severe FPS loss using latest Nvidia drivers with dxdll on, some good news:

the new 67.20 drivers work very well for my 5600 ultra and i got my old FPS back with all reflections on.http://download.guru3d.com/detonator/

Well atleast good news for owners of a 5600 Ultra.  tounge_o.gif

For all those that still got a 4200 Ti and mainly play OFP:

At this moment i'm trying the very old 40.41 and it seams that there is a FPS gain of 5 - 25 FPS dependig on situation.

Im using a gf4ti4400 and have been using the 56.72 drivers since they came out as they have been very compatible with dxdll (no slowdowns). I put on the 66.93 drivers yesterday and the dreaded dxdll slowdown is back (<1fps!!!). I will try these 67.xx drivers and cross my fingers...

biggrin_o.gif Any latest new on the mod?

I also have some question the reflect on sea is not real. Is that possible to make it not as a mirror reflect? That would be cool.

By the for newest 6x.xx driver, the reflect on water is still a FPS problem. I really wish to use the mod, but FPS drop to 4-5  when fly over water. rock.gif

McWolf what Grafikcard do you use rock.gif

4-5 Fps when flying over water is very low.

I noticed with the new Forceware 67.03 Beta DXDLL 1.0 works a bit faster again with my Geforce 4 Ti 4200

...but it's still not playable sad_o.gif

Maybe it won't lag with Forceware 70 or 80 biggrin_o.gif

I've one ask:

Will Kegetys release a new Version of DXDLL?

and what are the new changes, if there are a new Version?

Thanks smile_o.gif

Raptor

wink_o.gif

can there be any hope that the geforce mx series will ever be supported by that addon through a new nvidia driver or maybe by kegety, if he updates dxdll?

I finally installed a new video card, and DXDLL works flawless for me. The only thing I do have problem with is custom water textures not being compatible with reflections, but I guess it is something I have to sacrifice for now sad_o.gif Regardless of that, great job on this Kegetys.

Hi,

I'm going to upgrade my graphic card and I have a question...

Is there any chance of using postprocessing effects AND antialiasing together? Does any new video card have this capability (I'm thinking about the X850)?

I love the postprocessing of DXDLL but I do miss the AA too much when I use them...

Thanks,

Luca

Hi,

I'm going to upgrade my graphic card and I have a question...

Is there any chance of using postprocessing effects AND antialiasing together? Does any new video card have this capability (I'm thinking about the X850)?

I love the postprocessing of DXDLL but I do miss the AA too much when I use them...

Thanks,

Luca

I believe not, as the term suggests, the effect is added after the processing takes place, thus removing the AA effect.

Well, when I tried dxdll it worked ok with my ATI 9600 Pro but sadly my processer (AMD 1.3 ghz) couldnt handle it) sad_o.gif

so Keg if You not going to work further on this project , will be there any source code or similar informations released so "someone" else can optimize and work upon Your work (credits will be always to all authors taking part) instead of this fading into history ?

thanks for considering this option ...

so Keg if You not going to work further on this project , will be there any source code or similar informations released

We would have released the source code, but it could be very easily used to make all kinds of cheats (transparent buildings, trees, etc.) for OFP and other Direct3D games so its propably better to keep it "closed" at least for now...

Oh, please update or do something so we would be able to run dxdll on geforce 4mx series or something like that.

I got geforce 4 mx 440 and the ofp won't even start when i turn on postprocessing effects.But i guess i'm the lucky one smile_o.gif because i got another computer in the living room and it has Radeon 9800 pro

tounge_o.giftounge_o.giftounge_o.giftounge_o.gif

so Keg if You not going to work further on this project , will be there any source code or similar informations released

We would have released the source code, but it could be very easily used to make all kinds of cheats (transparent buildings, trees, etc.) for OFP and other Direct3D games so its propably better to keep it "closed" at least for now...

We? aaah.... who else worked on Dxdll ? wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

EEstikas, i more or less agree, Dxdll just as a FPS and screenshot tool etc could be a smart move!

How would one go about utilizing something like DXDLL for other games, such as Ghost Recon?

I guess it would work but it would need some work specifically for that game.

Kegetys ported dxdll at least for Richard Burns Rally, and I tried writing generic version that would work with every DX8 game but it just isn't so simple, it seems.

How would one go about utilizing something like DXDLL for other games, such as Ghost Recon?

I guess it would work but it would need some work specifically for that game.

Kegetys ported dxdll at least for Richard Burns Rally, and I tried writing generic version that would work with every DX8 game but it just isn't so simple, it seems.

Darn. That would have been nice.

well cheaters already doing it for quite long time... so why bother ...

with an Powercolor ATI Raedon 9600 SE 128 DDR can i take full advantage of dxdll (postprocessing, etc etc) in a AMD 64 +3500 (Socket 939) ?

with an Powercolor ATI Raedon 9600 SE 128 DDR can i take full advantage of dxdll (postprocessing, etc etc) in a AMD 64 +3500 (Socket 939) ?

I guess you could "take a full advantage of DXDLL" on much slower machine. smile_o.gif

Its because i was not sure if that video card was fully compatible with dxdll.

I wana enjoy all the tings in it to have good grapics :P

with this video card (9600 SE) am i able to play ofp with all grafics max without having the postprocessing to lag, or other lag (using the amd3500 64bitz) ??

smile_o.gif

Better to edit your post rather than do a double post reply smile_o.gif

As for how it will run, why not try it and see? smile_o.gif

Great stuff, seems to work ok but the only problem is the mission briefing text is covered by a black box.

Any work around or do we just turn it off to read the briefing then back on ingame?

with this video card (9600 SE) am i able to play ofp with all grafics max without having the postprocessing to lag, or other lag (using the amd3500 64bitz) ?? smile_o.gif

I got a sistem similar to yours (ATI 9600 SE 128Mb, AMD 64 3200+, 1 Gb RAM) and I use DXDLL but I have to keep postprocessing off cause it has a big impact on the framerate (I made a test on desert island and enabling postprocessing made the fps go down from 75 to 25 tounge_o.gif). I can keep the rest of effects, including reflections, on though and still get some decent framerates.