Sign in to follow this  
feersum.endjinn

Finnish Defence Forces Modification 1.3

You must use up-to-date version of WinRAR to unpack archive!

Archive was packed using 3.40, but at least 3.30 seems to work too.

biggrin_o.gif

THANKS MAN. THAT EXPLAINS WHY A FEW PACKS WERE NOT WHAT THEY SEEMED!!!

Didn't got to it yesterday, but I've just tried it. Looks really nice, I'd love to play it multiplayer someday soon.

But for now leave me alone and stop releasing those fantastic addons and stuff cause I have midterms! mad_o.gifwink_o.giftounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Lots of cool desert units and islands...still no good desert opfor.

You can fight BAS's Desert TSF if you want to (It just takes a little SQM work if you want to have a Finns vs. Resistance mission).

I like this new desert themed malden-like island, but i wonder why people living on this island are not more cautious with their own towns : all their cities have a lot of ruined building wink_o.gif .

They should hire a better architect to make more resistant buildings biggrin_o.gif

Check map coordinates Ce33, you´ll find somekind of an answer why there´s ruines everywhere. biggrin_o.gif

@ Nov. 11 2004,15:14)]
I like this new desert themed malden-like island, but i wonder why people living on this island are not more cautious with their own towns : all their cities have a lot of ruined building wink_o.gif .

They should hire a better architect to make more resistant buildings biggrin_o.gif

Check map coordinates Ce33, you´ll find somekind of an answer why there´s ruines everywhere. biggrin_o.gif

You're right, I think the whole population lives in that area. crazy_o.gif

Hey, kickass work as usual FDF team, I like the natural feel of the island and the elevated roads. The Special Jaegers are cool with their headscarves and the like.

If someone is interested, here is a promotional video of Finnish Special Forces (Special Jaegers included in this pack and paratroops), Mi-8 and Fokker troopship making guest appearances.

256k stream

edit: Why is music in military promos always lame?

I noticed that you added a few strutures to the small island on the south east coast but the M1 Abrams is still there.I think you could of deleted that struture and i wouldn't of missed it   tounge_o.gif .I'm having fun with your new units so i'll get back to them... biggrin_o.gif

M1tank.jpg

Edit:And also some road junctions are not joined so the AI has a terrible time travelling along them.One more point,why do you always have the barriers down.I know how to elevate them it's just that i would like to know why.

Hey, kickass work as usual FDF team, I like the natural feel of the island and the elevated roads. The Special Jaegers are cool with their headscarves and the like.

If someone is interested, here is a promotional video of Finnish Special Forces (Special Jaegers included in this pack and paratroops), Mi-8 and Fokker troopship making guest appearances.

256k stream

edit: Why is music in military promos always lame?

THOSE guys don't have too much recoil. biggrin_o.gif

I love the changes to UCE's kuffiya, though in pickiness, perhaps some street clothing like the FDF's Rebel units have could add to the unregimented feel of the resistance.

Very nice work, as usual.

@ Nov. 11 2004,15:14)]Check map coordinates Ce33, you´ll find somekind of an answer why there´s ruines everywhere. biggrin_o.gif

crazy_o.gif

Now i understand the ruined buildings

It seems Guba has been on that island.

Ohh great job guys. I love the map. I have a question. What grid reference was this picture taken at ?: http://koti.mbnet.fi/~fdfmod/newspics/maldajah2.jpg And one more thing. I seem to have lost the files for the GUI and the splash screen for the FDF mod. Can anyone send me them. I don't want to redownload the whole mod. Thanks

Quote[/b] ]Check map coordinates Ce33, you´ll find somekind of an answer why there´s ruines everywhere.

That's one helluva graveyard wow_o.gif .

I like the large castle ruins on the west side of the island (The new area biggrin_o.gif ). If only the OFP AI could handle CQB, what a fun area that would be to play in. Right now, I use it as a bombing range tounge_o.gif .

So far it looks awesome. My main problem is that the new desert map is not very friendly to slow computers (like mine). It seems to have slower frame rates even then the BAS Tonal maps on my computer. sad_o.gif So basically I can't make good missions with this new map and desert units until I get a faster computer or a better video card. (currently using a 1.7ghz, 1 meg RAM, 32meg TNT2 video card system).

Aside from that problem however everything looks incredible and I really like the raised roads (although the CV90 doesn't like them for some reason).

The only other issue I have is with the Resistance forces for that island. I would imagine that they are supposed to be Middle Eastern. But they all look like Russians. sad_o.gif

I know there are lots of Balkan Muslims but not many of them live in desert areas.

So...I would suggest sticking some Arab faces on them.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

@Miles Teg

You can't expect addon makers, or even game makers to choke all the life out of their creations for people who need to upgrade. It's understandable that not everyone has the $$ to upgrade, but eventually you're going to have to do something. I mean, what are your plans for when OFP2 comes out?

The desert pack is really nice. I really like the island. I like the additions you have made to Malden and I am really looking forward to playing on it. There are a ton of great places for mission. Keep up the good work.

Monty

(currently using a 1.7ghz, 1 meg RAM, 32meg TNT2 video card system).

You might want to lower terrain texture resolution from OFP preferences with 32MB video card. Besides terrain textures, this desert island probably has less detail than other FDFmod islands.

(currently using a 1.7ghz, 1 meg RAM, 32meg TNT2 video card system).

The only other issue I have is with the Resistance forces for that island. I would imagine that they are supposed to be Middle Eastern. But they all look like Russians. sad_o.gif

I know there are lots of Balkan Muslims but not many of them live in desert areas.

So...I would suggest sticking some Arab faces on them.

Mission makers can do it easily themselves with setIdentity and use existing OFP faces. Mod team does not include too many middle eastern looking guys we could photograph for new face textures tounge_o.gif

Are the new objects released with this island in the mission editor hidden somewhere?

Are the new objects released with this island in the mission editor hidden somewhere?

Uh, no.. We fucked up and forgot to make them placeable in editor.

You can place them however by editing mission.sqm: just add any object under Empty menu and then edit mission.sqm and change vehicle line to either FDF_ArabianMinaret or FDF_ArabianHouse.

Example:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class Item0

{

position[]={9666.933594,29.834999,4046.241699};

id=3;

side="EMPTY";

vehicle="FDF_ArabianMinaret";

leader=1;

skill=0.600000;

};

That grid ref of CE33 reminds me of the ending of the film "The good the bad and the ugly"....Very cool   biggrin_o.gif .

Just again, very impressive work! I love this island! biggrin_o.gif

Btw: Did you (FDF) also plan some "desert-camo" vehicles? Or vehicles with dusty/sandy textures? The woodland-vehicles look a little bit displaced on this nice desert island.

MfG MEDICUS

That grid ref of CE33 reminds me of the ending of the film "The good the bad and the ugly"....Very cool   biggrin_o.gif .

Oh yeah. That's true. Very similar.