Sign in to follow this  
feersum.endjinn

Finnish Defence Forces Modification 1.3

Danmark has a desert camo. So does germany, the Netherlands, France, ect, ect. The closest to a desert that these countries have is the beach.

But when you are part of NATO you know that you can be sent to desert area's for a peace-mission ar something like that. That's why most countries now have a desert camo.

About boonie-hats;

SF use them a LOT! When you go into combat, but don't really expect to get into a real firefight (recon mission for example), the boonie hat is the prefered hat-dress. It brakes up the shape of the ehad and helps to conseal you.

Plus a helmet is just a heavy thing if you don't really need it.

In a peacekeeping mission it is also often forbidden to wear your helmet (and vest). If the threath-level is very low the goverment want you to look friendly and get in touch with the locals. A helmet, vest and machingun don't look friendly. You can't tell them to leave the machingun home, but you can leave the rest.

For anyone having arab face woes, there are a few BIS faces that can pass for Al Maldajah residents.

(Apply these faces by putting

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this setface "faceXX"

into a unit's init line, in case you didn't know.)

The faces are:

face2

face3

face19

face23

face28

face33

face49

well peace keeping in low threat they would wear the blue beret.

and just becaus eyou see boonie caps used in movies does not mean they would wear them for combat.

the only sf i have seen wearing boonie caps is NAVY Seals.

I hate when mods do that they throw in the boonie cap guys.

it is ok to have them but make it an option. IE Soldier(boonie) or (patrol cap), (beret), etc.. or make a lay out of each type.

sorry jsut a huge annoying thing mods do. and it always drives me nuts.

and just becaus eyou see boonie caps used in movies does not mean they would wear them for combat.

it is ok to have them but make it an option. IE Soldier(boonie) or (patrol cap), (beret), etc.. or make a lay out of each type.

Yup, blue berets when it's low threat. UN (FRDF) peacekeepers in desert camo with blue beret "were already" included in 1.3.

But when it gets to enforcing the peace and high probability of getting injured/killed... Who would run around quite open desert areas with BLUE beret? Same goes for adversial multiplayer, too. You have to keep multiplayer options in mind, or well, that's the way we enjoy it most.

Of course blue berets would make it easy target practice for guerilla snipers. biggrin_o.gif

In future, boonie hats will also be part of woodland combat uniform -05. Those suits were discussed here in off-topic section some time ago if my mind isn't playing tricks, let me find the thread. Here, "The new FDF".

But sorry if you find boonies hugely annoying. smile_o.gif

You also have the option to edit\replace the unit out of the squad when making a mission or something...dont make a fuss about nothing.

Hi,

I was just wondering about bullet fly sounds in the FDF mod. There's a typo in the config files for JAM and the MARPAT magazines that prevents the bullet whiz from sounding, which I've fixed for my own personal use.

Seeing that I don't hear bullets flying when playing FDF, I was wondering if there might be a similar problem, or whether it was a design decision not to include them?

Cheers,

Cornhelium

Ps. Fantastic work on the Desert pack  smile_o.gif

Edit - No problem with the FDF bullet fly sound. It's just very quiet smile_o.gif

Yes I did. 2 of them were our buildings, one of them was a resistance building.

I'll see if there's something wrong with them, tought I couldn't walk trought them when I tried..

Quote[/b] ]- Finnish RDF soldiers (desert and woodland), HALO paratroopers, Paramilitary & Rebel troops, totally reworked soldier models, civilian units such as policemen and bodyguards

What does this reworking of soldier models and civilian units entail exactly?

Jeez. Sounds like 1.3 is slowly catching up to all the other addons and mods with higher system requirements. From what I've been reading.

I'd have been content with the gameplay improvements and done without all the graphical doodads.

Quote[/b] ]- Finnish RDF soldiers (desert and woodland), HALO paratroopers, Paramilitary & Rebel troops, totally reworked soldier models, civilian units such as policemen and bodyguards

What does this reworking of soldier models and civilian units entail exactly?

They are not really "high poly" or even that demanding from CPU viewpoint. They were just reworked with new textures after BIS released reference MLOD models, older FDFMod models were originally made by modifying old demo soldiers.

Just downloaded v1.3 yesterday, after three hours of waiting and then installation I fired it up and found out how slow my machine is.

I have had to reduce the settings alot to get the game to run.

When I finally got it going I tried a couple of single player missions to see what was what.

First I tried Ranger training, the UAZ I'm in follows a truck to a barrier and then everything stops and nothing happens!! I can hear a plane taking off in the distance and thats it, the guard on the barrier just stands there lokking at everyone and I can't get out of the UAZ. Is something supposed to happen after a great deal of time or is this a bug?

Second, I tried the Seiged Cazin mission, it started fine and I got to the mission briefing screen, I wanted to check out the weapons each team member had and as I went to 6 the whole thing froze and the hard drive just kept spinning! Again is this a bug or a problem with my machine.

I got round the problem in the end and enjoyed the mission so far but got popped by the last soldier I was searching for as I rounded a building. The Anti tank Rocket launcher is wicked.

The whole addon is amazing work and lonfg may it continue,

Well done guys!

could you post yur system specs, please?

Sounds like you have a very low-end system. The level of detail in FDF is higher than normal OFP, so you do need to be above min-specs.

I don't have my specs on me at the moment as I am at work mad_o.gif

Off the top of my head I remember I have a 1.5Ghz processor, a pro-savage DDR graphics card but I'm not sure of the memory, and a 20Gb hard drive.

I run OpF GOTY on Low detail terain, 10ish fps, veiw distance 1000-1100m, visual quality 7ish at the highest resolution setting for 32 bit.

I am forced to run FDF mod on very low terain detail, visual quality lowest setting, same veiw distance, and drop the resolution to the medium setting (sorry can't remeber the figures off hand). It works okay like this but obviously I'm not getting the full benefit.

I am quite new to the world of PC gaming so I am running it on my Laptop, which is a couple of years old now, which I am thinking of upgrading, could you recommend a suitable level of spec for such a machine? I have found one that looks good, it has a 2.8Ghz processor, 512Mb DDR ram, 60Gb hard drive, I am not so dense as to understand that this will improve the performance but should I be looking for more power?

Double the ram and you have a nice machine to run OFP with. Although I'm not sure of what graphic card you use.

I have a Pentium IV 2.8 (FSB 800), 1024 mb DDR RAM, Radeon 9800 Pro (128 mb) and it runs OFP magnificently. A rig similar to that should be rather affordable today. smile_o.gif

Your laptop is most likely missing RAM and a decent video-card. I have 1.56 ghz and it runs perfectly on high detail and with dxdll (reflections ect). But I have 1536 MB DDR Ram and a Radeon 9660 256Mb video-card (directX 9).

A rig like Jotto mentioned is quite cheap today.

Ok, I just now got around to downloading this, and its great. xmas_o.gif

But whenever I try to open East Border Winter in the editor, it doesnt work. It says "Receiving..." and the bar fills up, but when it gets full it just stops...

I have the fdf_eastborder_w.pbo in addons and the fdf_eastborder_w file in the worlds directory. Any idea whats going wrong??

Where are there Finnish troops deployed that actually use that camo?

The desert camouflage? Well, there have been Finnish soldiers in Eritrea/Ethiopia. They may still be there, but I am not one hundred percent sure of that smile_o.gif

Do you have Winter Nogojev 1.1?

Yeah, Ive got that installed, it worked before I got 1.3, theres not even any error messages, I cant figure out whats gone wrong...

Do you have Winter Nogojev 1.1?

Yeah, Ive got that installed, it worked before I got 1.3, theres not even any error messages, I cant figure out whats gone wrong...

Do you happen to have this addon in your directory?

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=43573

It caused lock ups on mine.

The generic OPFOR? No, I never downloaded that.

Hi,

I've had freezes when running FDF with AGS and Mapfact objects. I didn't really dig any deeper to find the problem addon - just unchecked the AGS and Mapfact stuff in OFP Launcher and the freezes disappeared biggrin_o.gif

Cheers,

Cornhelium