Sign in to follow this  
feersum.endjinn

Finnish Defence Forces Modification 1.3

Quote[/b] ](IMO, and a few others who I've played the mod with) is that once you get shot once, your aim is totaly screwed.. Which isn't that realistic (if you got shot in RL, you could do things in RL that you cant do in OFP.. Ask a medic to help, steady your aim by leaning against something, and it's *slightly* easier to ask someone to shoot that person you can hit than in Ofp etc etc etc..)

I personally like the recoil for this mod. I've changed it slightly, how many of you have ever actually fired medium caliber rifles though? The whole point of the recoil is to make you aim, because if you've ever fired a .308 or even a .223, you're not going to hit anything at a far distance if you just start pulling the trigger rapidly. I've fired a C7, and an SL8, both 5.56mm rifles, well the latter is .223, slight difference, but you can't just start cranking off shots and expect to hit things at a distance. Firing a fully automatic .308 caliber rifle isn't a smart idea if you're standing up, or even crouching. Some people may not grasp that fact.

Furthermore, you get shot with a bullet, you're fucked. However many of you have actually fired a gun can imagine dealing with the agony of having a bullet in you and attempting to keep the gun steady. No. Taking into account someone holding you steady shouldn't be an excuse for a lower precision value for aim wobble. As far as I'm concerned, ofp doesn't simulate grazing wounds at all.

I very much like the added recoil and imprecision, it forces you to come out of your comfort zone and actually think instead of cranking off a succession of shots in a matter of seconds killing half a squad at 300-500m.

Most often you dont fire small arms in full automatic at more than say 40-50 meters, so i think the recoil is great, but I do agree machineguns are completely useless and has to be used like rifles, wich is a pity in such a great mod.

I disagree that mg´s are useless, learn how to master the recoil it and it´s pretty good killing machine.

Hello,

I happy that so many guy talk about my post but my question was not if is a good or not good recoil but HOW CHANGE IT (in Config.cpp i think) tounge2.gif

Please help goodnight.gif

Regards, ExA

That's not hard. Go to OFPEC.com and read Keg's wicked tutorial on recoils. That's your first step. It was mine all those years ago. wink_o.gif

Hello,

I've do some modif to FINMod :

A. Blood Sray : Use Last Version of snYpir Blood Addon (V1.41) for more blood than original config.

B. Lean & Roll Anims : Use of the Locke AnimMod V0.54 Beta.

C. Fixe (or change if you prefer) of F18-AMRAAM : Now he can scan, detect and lock Ground target.

D. Fixe Additional Cpgn (BorderCrisis) : For Mission Aerial attack Change the very BUGy Mig-21 for The F-18 AMRAAM

Now the Pb i don't know how to share my modifcations if someone could help me to share it will very kind

If someone want the Mods before i have a UL possibility i could give it by mIRC send me a message smile_o.gif

ExA

Even thought we decided to delay our projects it still does not give you any right to modify&distribute our work without our permission.

i got a request to you guys in FDF mod,can you share that axe config with me?i would really like to use it with my bat. smile_o.gif

pretty please........ icon_rolleyes.gif

Hello,

Sory if i dispointed you, it's not my goal but as you have say you stop your work on FDF Mod i have just want to share my work on your MOD. But has you ask i don't share it until you say it's ok. If you want to have my (very little) work ask me i send it to you cause i think Lean Move and Last Blood effect are very good for the MOD. And I've try o corect some bug in additional campaign. My next work will be the Take the Bridge Mission.

If you are agree that i give you my (little) work i'll give you with pleasure i ve not any will to congratulation or other thing like this just i want to help and continue work on you marvellous Mod.

Best regards, ExA