Sign in to follow this  
feersum.endjinn

Finnish Defence Forces Modification 1.3

Doesnt FDF use ECP? If so, when the new version of ECP is released will there be an update to take advantage of the new features?

what aboot field arty?

there is alot of that, that has not been made yet.

I know some would not be fully useful till UA1.2 when ever that is released.

I think FDF mod has already made clear that they wont make use of COC-UA, it's an unfortunate decision in my eyes. But we have no choice but to respect it smile_o.gif

@ Jan. 13 2005,07:24)]
Doesnt FDF use ECP?

Nope.

Good guess bd tounge_o.gif

Sounds really strange since there are many features from ECP present in FDF (explosions effects, blood)...

Regardless of origin of the core, the mod is true "modification". My personal favorites are the weapon settings...

@edge;

When you compare the FDF effect to the ECP effect ou will see that there is a clear difference. FDF did a great job on their own effects and this probably done in a way they like it. I see no real reason why to use ECP, since the effects included are liked by the vast majority and very high quality.

@edge;

When you compare the FDF effect to the ECP effect ou will see that there is a clear difference. FDF did a great job on their own effects and this probably done in a way they like it. I see no real reason why to use ECP, since the effects included are liked by the vast majority and very high quality.

I did not mean that FDF is wrong in any way, I like the way it modifies OFP. I simply found the effects similar, not accusing anyone of plagiatory or anything like that - I just ask. Thanks for explanation I was asking for, Frostbite. I did not spend too much time comparing the effects of both mods. smile_o.gif

Another way to look at the matter;

ECP can (VERY roughly) be discribed as the FDF effects in a strand-alone package. So while you need to DL the entire FDF-mod for the effects of FDF, you don't need to download a file this big for ECP. It's just what you prever. Of course ECP is more than just the visual effects, but those things can be read and discussed in the ECP thread in A&M:D.

TJ (from ECP, correct me if I'm wrong) was really helpful in early stages of our custom explosion effects development. Otherwise our scripts and configs are home brewed, like that blood script you mentioned, it's by Kegetys. In nut shell: FDFMOD is not based on ECP, but probably has some similar 'ideas' and 'schemes' behind.

Cpt. FrostBite: You could say that, very roughly. But like you mention, ECP is much more than just effects. FDFMOD also includes little Finnish dwarfs and such stuff, that all people might not want to download wink_o.gif

@ Jan. 13 2005,16:39)]TJ (from ECP, correct me if I'm wrong) was really helpful in early stages of our custom explosion effects development.

That explains it. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]FDFMOD also includes little Finnish dwarfs and such stuff, that all people might not want to download wink_o.gif

Gimme the Finnish dwarves! biggrin_o.gif

So you are or aren't making WW2 addons then?

I'm not sure the question was actually answered.  rock.gif

EDIT: Or was it ignored completely and then taken in a new direction about effects as to move away from a seceret ww2 mod that no one is supposed to know about? biggrin_o.gif

@ Jan. 13 2005,16:39)]TJ (from ECP, correct me if I'm wrong) was really helpful in early stages of our custom explosion effects development. Otherwise our scripts and configs are home brewed, like that blood script you mentioned, it's by Kegetys. In nut shell: FDFMOD is not based on ECP, but probably has some similar 'ideas' and 'schemes' behind.

Cpt. FrostBite: You could say that, very roughly. But like you mention, ECP is much more than just effects. FDFMOD also includes little Finnish dwarfs and such stuff, that all people might not want to download wink_o.gif

Ok, I wasnt for sure because some things seemed so similar. Thanks. smile_o.gif

i dunno if it has been mentioned, but the F18C Hornet series

always put the gear up after a few seconds on the ground, so you can't land and you can't take off.

and by the way, i still can walk through your tower that came with the desert pack, if you walk straight onto the leader, you can walk through, at least i can.

Nothing in ECP could ever be the equivalent of a little Finnish dwarf  biggrin_o.gif .

Any pics?

Quote[/b] ]Bug workarounds:

As with every FDFMod release, there are some bugs and some of them affect gameplay pretty seriously

- UZI bug / Paramilitary 3 fix - copy your FDF_w12.pbo and rename it to FDF_w13.pbo

Could you elaborate more on this? What is contained in FDF_w13/12.pbo and what and why specifically are these problems happening?

If I do replace fdf_w12 will it remove any newer features?

Quote[/b] ]Bug workarounds:

As with every FDFMod release, there are some bugs and some of them affect gameplay pretty seriously

- UZI bug / Paramilitary 3 fix  - copy your FDF_w12.pbo and rename it to FDF_w13.pbo

Could you elaborate more on this? What is contained in FDF_w13/12.pbo and what and why specifically are these problems happening?

If I do replace fdf_w12 will it remove any newer features?

The packs contains the weapons added in FDF 1.3 I think. The uzi is by accident expected to be in fdf_w13 but the file is called fdf_w12 so by making a copy of it and renaming it, the game will find it. If you just rename the file the weapons which are expected to be found in fdf_w12 (FDF1.2) wont be found.

If you just make a copy of fdf_w12 and rename it to fdf_w13 the game will work as the FDF mod planned it to work.

Thanks for the info, however I've come across another bug. Maybe it's known, perhaps not. However whenever you fire a rifle in FDF on full auto and whilst firing if you attempt to crouch the recoil is temporarily disabled for a brief period as you crouch.  crazy_o.gif

This does not happen with stock OFP recoils/units/etc. I've tested it.

Could anyone identify and perhaps suggest a workaround to a potentially shitty multiplay exploit?   sad_o.gif

I can make a recording of what I'm trying to explain if I wasn't clear enough.

Could anyone identify and perhaps suggest a workaround to a potentially shitty multiplay exploit?   sad_o.gif

Yes, it seems to exist (tried in editor, not MP).

As multiplay exploit, I don't think there's any rational use for that... Fortunately. You'll have time for numerous aimed single shots in same time as this "method" lows down the recoil.

I suppose you're right. I just really wouldn't want to see people playing on my server crouching and standing over and over just for a recoil reduction in full auto. Not only would it look stupid but it's unrealistic. I play on a LAN, so it wouldn't be too hard to toss something hard and heavy at the person who's attempting to do it.

I think it might have something to do with the overall maximum muzzle height climb of the guns when they're going full-on. So I might tone down the overall height of the muzzle climb but still keep the distance that's created between shots as the recoil is compensated the same. I'll see if that works.

EDIT: Well I think that was what the problem was. I have personally made my own LAN workaround for it using a custom full auto recoil for each gun that uses full auto. It turned out pretty well if I do say so myself. Feel free to give it a try.

556auto[]={0.055,0.025,0.03,0.06,0,0};

This recoil on full auto bounces around in a somewhat erratic fashion in my opinion doing a pretty good job of eliminating that bug as well as simulating the erratic nature of  recoil overcompensation when rapidly firing a gun. Give it a try to see what I mean.

EDIT: One more thing. Were the flypast sounds for projectiles removed in 1.3? I don't hear bullets whiz by nor do I hear tank shells do either. This is something I really liked in 1.2

Hi there

I can not finish the bridgehead mission where you need to destroy the bridge. I killed al units present there bombed the bridge but still doesnt end! I did this about 4 times now!

Can u help me plz?

greetz Rambi

it's a long time ago when i played it last, but if i remember right you have to support some engineers.

you have to search for some guys in the forest, as far as i remember, but someone should correct me if i am wrong

That was the mission before this now u have to blow the bridge but I destroyed it 10 times now killed all enemy units in the area and it doesnt end.

God I need some sleep been busy with this mission for 2 days now!

hmm.. i just took a look into the fdf campaign, i don't have that bridgehead mission, what's the exact name and missionnumber of it?