Sign in to follow this  
feersum.endjinn

Finnish Defence Forces Modification 1.3

The ItKK (Low) can't be picked up? Bug? Also, the Russians should also have an NSV (Low).

btw the Draken has an American pilot as default, complete with CAR-15.

The ItKK (Low) can't be picked up? Bug? Also, the Russians should also have an NSV (Low).

Itkk with lowered tripod is just static weapon. So many things to do but so little time.

Draken pilot thing is confirmed bug.

about the FDF_parachutesquare, i've noticed that it doesn't work on some units. I add the parachute to the unit, it's in the inventory, the unit is in the air playing the HALO animation but the action to open the parachute doesn't appear in the menu. It happens with BAS delta/rangers, Marine Assault Pack, maybe some others. My question is:does the unit need a special line in its config?

Those units have their own init eventhandlers and custom user actions which override FDFMod settings. Try looking up "Open Parachute" function in FDFMod config and add it manually to your units using addAction command.

This addaction ["Open Parachute","OpenChute.sqs"]

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

;openchute.sqs

_this select 1 removeaction _this select 2

_this select 1 exec "\scripts\para\openpara.sqs"

exit

Tested smile_o.gif

OK, I'm a bit late, but let me just say...

FDF 1.3 rocks!

I have finally found a mod that is so good even my finicky LAN group (Robotman, this means you!) have agreed that we will play it next session! smile_o.giftounge_o.gif

Thx to feersum.endjinn and MrZig, and of course to this beautiful "YES" from kegetys biggrin_o.gif

Itkk with lowered tripod is just static weapon. So many things to do but so little time.

I understand, but on the contrary the ItKK (Low) is a very important weapon. I can hardly use the Maxim for any mission after 1980, and the standard ItKK (standing up is very dangerous and obvious) is really not suited for field combat and moving around, more like checkpoint and base defense. Well, I'll use the PKMS in the meantime.

Keep up the good work.

This addaction ["Open Parachute","OpenChute.sqs"]

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

;openchute.sqs

_this select 1 removeaction _this select 2

_this select 1 exec "\scripts\para\openpara.sqs"

exit

Tested smile_o.gif

I don´t know many things about editing so, how could i attach FDF paracutes to any other unit? (such as LSR Deltas or BAS Deltas)

Thank you very much wink_o.gif

you can just add this line to the unit's init line:

this addWeapon "FDF_parachutesquare"

But one of the two slots for binocular and NVGoggles must be empty. And look in the "para" folder which is inside the scripts.pbo from FDF MOD because maybe one of the scripts add the parachute to the unit. If so, you just have to execute the right script.

Quote[/b] ]There are some fixes coming to HALO parachutes with probaby-soon-to-be-released 1.3.1 - exact release date depends on few nasty OFP bugs which we have to find workarounds and mod folks summer holidays.

Fantastic mod btw!

Quick question - I really like v1.2 and want to start downloading v1.3, but would rather wait if v1.3.1 is another full d/l only as opposed to a patch.  

(for usual reasons, 56k etc etc.)

Any thoughts at this stage?  Cheers!

Quick question - I really like v1.2 and want to start downloading v1.3, but would rather wait if v1.3.1 is another full d/l only as opposed to a patch.  

(for usual reasons, 56k etc etc.)

Any thoughts at this stage?  Cheers!

1.3.1 will be small patch. So you should download 1.3 now and wait for 1.3.1.

Most important changes can be done directly into fdf_conf.pbo, which is about 60 kB when compressed. Mission and campaign fixes might take some megabytes. Also, I think we're not adding anything new with 1.3.1, new stuff will wait for 1.4.

Edit: Why do I always mess those quote-tags, am I so stupid? biggrin_o.gif

wow, that was quick! Cheers SmartDrv for the response.

I would have used your FDF site forum, except this thread had specific relevence to 1.3.1.

@ July 01 2004,13:25)]Mission and campaign fixes might take some megabytes.

No matter how many megs it takes, I'm happy to hear it will soon be out. You boys don't like long holidays, do you? smile_o.gif

The NFOR part of the campaign was really screwed up by 1.3, as you know. crazy_o.gif For instance, in the Velka Ves (?) mission where the rebels have taken over a village and start shooting civilians, and your NCO tells you to hold fire until reinforcements arrive, everyone starts firing anyway at the rebel UAZ. In that same mission the rebels also nearly always slaughter the entire NFOR patrol by virtue of having too many guys with guns. And the Morningstrike mission on the rebel main base is total slaughter. I think the rebels have way too much heavy weaponry in that mission. Pasis and M2A2s always get blown to hell in just a few seconds.

And the rest of the campaign, although it works better, most of the gates are broken. They won't open in cutscenes or otherwise, probably because of the changed object IDs like with the bridge of Burning Bridges.

But that's all old news, and I don't want to sound like I'm complaining. FDFMOD is the best thing that's happened to OFP, in my opinion. smile_o.gif

campaign plays ok.... but the UAV training doesnt work because the gate doesnt open for the truck... but im sure u knew that tounge_o.gif

campaign plays ok.... but the UAV training doesnt work because the gate doesnt open for the truck... but im sure u knew that  tounge_o.gif

I used the BRIBE action command. smile_o.gif

this it great!!

someone needs to reskinn the zsu-57-2 in tonal colors

I can not install 1.3!!!

What should I do with this error messages?

Extracting finmod\addons\FDF_sfx.pbo

CRC failed in finmod\addons\FDF_sfx.pbo

Extracting finmod\addons\FDF_v.pbo

CRC failed in finmod\addons\FDF_v.pbo

I can not install 1.3!!!

ask the files from some guy (MSN?) who has the files and put them in the folders manually wink_o.gif

I can not install 1.3!!!

ask the files from some guy (MSN?) who has the files and put them in the folders manually  wink_o.gif

I'm online (MSN: ts@surkimukset.net) if you still need those files.

hey guys when u will release reflective water addon/modification ? biggrin_o.gif

hey guys when u will release reflective water addon/modification ? biggrin_o.gif

The reflective water is not an FDFMOD project if I remember it correctly, simply feersum.endjinn and Kegetys doing some graphical experiments smile_o.gif

@ July 08 2004,15:28)]
I can not install 1.3!!!

ask the files from some guy (MSN?) who has the files and put them in the folders manually wink_o.gif

I'm online (MSN: ts@surkimukset.net) if you still need those files.

Those files is more than 100MB, I cant afford to download them with modem:(

I hire somebody to d/l it again the full install, just give me 100% proper link.

Thanks!

Those files is more than 100MB, I cant afford to download them with modem:(

I hire somebody to d/l it again the full install, just give me 100% proper link.

Thanks!

All download links listed at FDFMOD site should be working.

I've personally (and successfully) downloaded from Finnish Platoon's and Peliplaneetta's mirrors.

i like the mod very much, i only think you should try to use all your addons in the campaign, also in the fdf 1.2 campaign there was no mission where someone could use your great aircrafts