Sign in to follow this  
Harnu

Bi forum ofp summer olympics: 2004

this reminds me of that classsic mission ( maybe from wolf.ogn ? ) where u had to go down a mountain with a M113 while everyone watched  and a hint displayed max speed biggrin_o.gif

Of course, more points should be given to anyone who tilts the damn thing over... tounge_o.gif

At SWAF (must...fight...the...urge...not...to...spam) we have a paratrooper training map, where you are dropped off over the ocean, in very limited visibility conditions, and then you have to steer the parachute over to a small island (using 21vb steerable parachute) its one very funny exercise.

If people start with guns and the search is for ammo it means they can run properly, plus you can have varying supplies of ammo, easy clue leads to a clip with only 10 rounds, solving a hard clue finds a whole crate etc. smile_o.gif

What, if any, addons do you think we should use? Personally I want no addons, just to keep it simple.

How many days should we expect this to run? What days and what hours are the most ideal for this, to encompass players from all over the world?

As for a sniping/marksman ship contest. I want to keep everything intresting, instead of just the standard - "You go" *bang bang bang* "Next" *bang bang bang* "Next"...

So, what if each team sent in one person. That person has to land nav their way across a medium distance, to the target area. You have to be within a certain distance range, and not be spotted by the judges. Three judges in the target area, each person has to kill one, and only one. That way we see who shot, and hit, first, second, and third.

Somewhat like how I saw them do it on the History Channel in a British sniper school. They didn't have live targets though tounge_o.gif .

What, if any, addons do you think we should use? Personally I want no addons, just to keep it simple.

How many days should we expect this to run? What days and what hours are the most ideal for this, to encompass players from all over the world?

As for a sniping/marksman ship contest. I want to keep everything intresting, instead of just the standard - "You go" *bang bang bang* "Next" *bang bang bang* "Next"...

So, what if each team sent in one person. That person has to land nav their way across a medium distance, to the target area. You have to be within a certain distance range, and not be spotted by the judges. Three judges in the target area, each person has to kill one, and only one. That way we see who shot, and hit, first, second, and third.

Somewhat like how I saw them do it on the History Channel in a British sniper school. They didn't have live targets though tounge_o.gif .

well, this could be a something-athlon like in the winter olympics where they do some skiing and then some shooting

Here's a strange idea: a treasure hunt mission.

Two teams. Big island. Lots of hints. One treasure to find. Everyone has a gun.

edit: or maybe you have to find guns as well, along the way.

Each time one team finds a clue, the other team's next clue will become more difficult than it would have had they found it first.

Lots of room for mayhem.

This may very well be one of the coolest ideas EVER.

For racing, I suggest we use BAS mortorcycles alot....and possibly some off road crap then some nice speed boats....

And if possible, why not use some airplanes here and there to keep track from the sky....

Bassically, one man record the race with fraps from his cobra being the gunner.....

Then put via scripting the names of each racer above his head....

But I do love that treasure hunting idea....it sounds awesome...but instead of finding like the big gun or whatever, you have to find the women smile_o.gif ....Someone can make a victory switchmove for the women where they start dancing and walk up to you and have some fun biggrin_o.gif

~Bmg

I forget what its called in the Olympics but its the event that they cross country ski and then stop and shoot at targets.

We could make our sniper/sharpshooting event like this but instead of skis replace them with bicycles.

And i would like to promote a Cessna race as well.

I forget what its called in the Olympics but its the event that they cross country ski and then stop and shoot at targets.

We could make our sniper/sharpshooting event like this but instead of skis replace them with bicycles.

i know this as biathlon  smile_o.gif

a cessna race where you have to fly through scripted glowing circles in a given order would be awesome, that idea crossed my mind already a week ago but i cannot script  sad_o.gif

about obstacle races, I think we could make 2 different types of races :

- the first one looking like a battlefield (barbed wire, sand bags, tank obstacles, destroyed walls, ruins and maybe a few landmines) with maybe one enemy machine gun near the finish line (immediate respawn but a time penality everytime you are shot).

- the second one being some kind of drill course like in the first CWC mission with the same training obstacles but on a longer distance (with a time penality everytime you miss an obstacle or don't go through correctly).

i know this as biathlon  smile_o.gif

a cessna race where you have to fly through scripted glowing circles in a given order would be awesome, that idea crossed my mind already a week ago but i cannot script  sad_o.gif

I thought that was the name of it. Maybe we can find someone to volunteer to make either the glowing circles or to set up a corridor that you have to fly through, if you veer away from it you get a warning telling you to get back on course and if you fail to comply it will setdammage you to 1.

I'd like to see a helicopter pilot skill test. Using a Blackhawk.

For the map orienting, i think you should be given a vehicle for a pair of team mates, give them limited fuel, and they have to get to a fuel station fill up, get to another fuel station fill up and they are judged on how much fuel they have left and the time it took. There will be judges at each fuel station to check time and to tell people if they came to the same fuel station.

I'd enter the helicopter skills/grenades.. And the judge in the sky watching him making sure he doesn't cheat (on the sniper/navigation one) and stuff.

I think it's a good idea.

All people, All nations, All ping complete for the golden sig medel. Hey I like the idea smile_o.gif

It seems that enough people like it. Now who wants to be a part of the design team? I need people to talk with to hammer out ideas, and when the time comes, possibly help create the missions.

Send me a PM if you want to help me out. (Obviously, you probably wouldn't be allowed to take part in an event you design, that would just be unfair wink_o.gif ) But ideas are welcome from everyone!

So are we have a olypic flame rock.gif Run around all BIS islands with some kind of addon that on fire rock.gif

So are we have a olypic flame rock.gif  Run around all BIS islands with some kind of addon that on fire rock.gif

how about carrying a BIS flag?

i want to take part in all events, i guess that rules me out from helping  tounge_o.gif Just PLZ make sure times are compatable with the UK and Europe.  smile_o.gif

Oh and map navigation is easy, just set up triggers on the map that give off a message when you reach that trigger.....and the player has to go from trigger to trigger using nothing more than a compass and map. Then see who does it fastest..... smile_o.gif

mortar(defualt BIS ones) can be fun biggrin_o.gif

The night mares....THE NIGHT MARES!

post-3-26016-speedyndwilco.JPG

sad_o.gif

On topic: Interesting idea. Maybe have a large paintball match but for more teams than just east vs west.(IE West, East, Resistance and Civilian)

So, does anyone want me to team kil...er I mean, be on their team? smile_o.gif

Sounds like a neat idea. smile_o.gif I always enjoyed the racing missions.

Instead of a pruely simple landnav, what about a sort of Escape and evasion mission? That way you can't just b-line it to specified areas.

Instead of a pruely simple landnav, what about a sort of Escape and evasion mission?  That way you can't just b-line it to specified areas.

I like, I like. Reminded me of a recent thread....

How about a chopper race where max allowed height above ground is 20 meters?

...with Chinooks biggrin_o.giftounge_o.gif

How about a chopper race where max allowed height above ground is 20 meters?

...with Chinooks biggrin_o.giftounge_o.gif

here's a old but cool mission for training purposes. tounge_o.gif (with a kiowa. you need ofp 1.46)

How about a giant race, like 16 people at a time, and they have to travel through all the different elements and transportation modes. Running to biking (pedal) to car to tank to boat to chopper to plane. You could even make it crazy like adding AI on the sidelines with weapons so it would just be some kick ass suicide guantlet of a race. Maybe someone could make some grand stands and Olympic type objects for this thing too, if I was going to come and watch I'd like somewhere to sit smile_o.gif

another idea.

boat race: using default BIS boats, simulate a race where you have to go around a LSD and come back to starting point. you can have a relay match too.