Sign in to follow this  
Harnu

Bi forum ofp summer olympics: 2004

How about a giant race, like 16 people at a time, and they have to travel through all the different elements and transportation modes. Running to biking (pedal) to car to tank to boat to chopper to plane. You could even make it crazy like adding AI on the sidelines with weapons so it would just be some kick ass suicide guantlet of a race. Maybe someone could make some grand stands and Olympic type objects for this thing too, if I was going to come and watch I'd like somewhere to sit smile_o.gif

And how about someone makes a giant colloseum, where 2 people can battle it out with strokefist tounge_o.gif

How about a giant race, like 16 people at a time, and they have to travel through all the different elements and transportation modes. Running to biking (pedal) to car to tank to boat to chopper to plane. You could even make it crazy like adding AI on the sidelines with weapons so it would just be some kick ass suicide guantlet of a race. Maybe someone could make some grand stands and Olympic type objects for this thing too, if I was going to come and watch I'd like somewhere to sit smile_o.gif

And how about someone makes a giant colloseum, where 2 people can battle it out with strokefist  tounge_o.gif

I'm smelling demo derby as well tounge_o.gif

This sounds like a very nice idea... wish I could participate (dialup).  One idea I tried once, way back before Res (and before I knew how to script or anything like that) was Tank Football.  You take 4 T80s, 4 M1A1s, and one smaller vehicle (a HMMWV, I think, is what I used)... line them up inside a fenced area, and have them try to push the car into an endzone.  No need for ammo, just a good old pushing/shoving match.  And if you're wondering, I have seen something that this is based on.  It was... car football... two teams in cars, and one car in the middle.  I love rural America!  But tanks work much better in OFP (the cars stopped working too easy tounge_o.gif )

That sounds like fun! Hope collision detection works fine for this on MP though tounge_o.gif

teams?

will there be teams? how will they be formed? by country?

who wants to form team <span style='color:red'>Canada</span>

teams?

will there be teams? how will they be formed? by country?

who wants to form team <span style='color:red'>Canada</span>

Discussing that right now, well let you all know in due time.

Yeha it would be really neat to do it similar to real olympics, with national teams, beating other national teams up.

tounge_o.gif

I'd like to see a helicopter pilot skill test. Using a Blackhawk.

For the map orienting, i think you should be given a vehicle for a pair of team mates, give them limited fuel, and they have to get to a fuel station fill up, get to another fuel station fill up and they are judged on how much fuel they have left and the time it took. There will be judges at each fuel station to check time and to tell people if they came to the same fuel station.

OK what we do here, we have 4 points all over nogova, get BAS helos, and set a route along a road possibly. Both people in the helos view the road and make sure the pilots are flying low........at each point you land for about 10 seconds and at each point 2 people or just one person keeps track of the time. Something like that.......I could do it really good tounge_o.gif

And how about someone makes a giant colloseum, where 2 people can battle it out with strokefist  tounge_o.gif

.... or a flare gun  tounge_o.gif  (i guess The FrenchMan would win that blues.gif )

.... or a flare gun  tounge_o.gif  (i guess The FrenchMan would win that blues.gif )

You're goddamn right I would! biggrin_o.gifwink_o.gif

But then again you might get disqualified for killing the spectators.... tounge_o.gif

I like the I dear I just hope I have Broadband at the time so I can try it.

I think there should be shoting whit all the BIS rifles but also realistic rifles like Andrew Bewaz(I forgot his name) M24 where you use the scope to measure the range and then you would ahve to fire at different ranges and at tagets where yopu could only see the head so you would have to use your own range "feeling" and you would only have rounds enough to kill all in one shot and there should be given points like 1 for kill 0.5 for hit which dosent kill and 0 for a miss.

There should be as mentioned before missions where you are static and where your are mobile maby missions where you should move around in a car and only have x amount of time to spot and take out the tagets which are placed around on the map.

STGN

I wouldn't mind seeing a driving skills contest, you have to skillfully pull off difficult moves in a jeep, an m113 and a T72. This might require some form of containment area and judges with good experience.

LETS DO A TRIATHALON!!!

except... i think people willl have some trouble when it comes to the swimming part

CoC Divers wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]
Quote[/b] ]  (VerySolidSnake @ June 22 2004,06:17)

LETS DO A TRIATHALON!!!

except... i think people willl have some trouble when it comes to the swimming part

CoC Divers

honest athletes dont do mods wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]
Quote[/b] ]  (VerySolidSnake @ June 22 2004,06:17)

LETS DO A TRIATHALON!!!

CoC Divers

honest athletes dont do mods  wink_o.gif

Which is why they all drown tounge_o.gif

Anyone though about using that steerable parachute to do something like who can land closest to a target/object? rock.gif

I think that a cool final event would be some sort of huge relay, where each team picks their best pilots/snipers/drivers across the whole island. THis idea is really cool, makes me wanna play online again.

Quote[/b] ]Wth fdfs?

too easy.

Add strong winds. Just a series of setvelocity commands.

Strong winds effect those parachutes ?!?  wow_o.gif

If they do try landing on one of those lookout towers (the ones in the forests)

Strong winds effect those parachutes ?!?  wow_o.gif

If they do try landing on one of those lookout towers (the ones in the forests)

Strong winds as in a bunch of changes using setvelocity.

Wth fdfs?

too easy.

Nah, there was some old ass addon that couldnt turn left, took about 5 minutes to realise you wanted to slow down/stop and was just a bitch to use. I'll see if I can dig it up wink_o.gif