Sign in to follow this  
der bastler

UEFA Euro 2004

I agree with Albert. English football is still (and that's what makes it fun to watch!) very physical. Fast rushes, long passes and attack attack attack. The problem is that it doesn't work all that well any more as the defence systems of today are good at stopping such attacks.

German football on the other hand has more a mechanical flavour. What I like about the Germans is that they go on, they don't give up. Even when they are losing badly they still put up a good game.

You err, English football matches are some of the closest I have ever seen. Only in England can a team that is 3-0 down at half time turn around and win the match 5-4. You would never ever see this in the Bundesliga.

No, but watch the WorldCup games of the eighties and you see exactly THAT. football turned more boring but it also advanced! Shame or luck?

What a load of rubbish Albert. German football is not advanced. If you want to see an advanced game without goals, watch the Italian league.

Spain and England are slightly less tactical than Italy (which is what you call "advanced" probably), but a lot more entertaining.

German league is just rubbish. Get over it tounge_o.gif

Yes looking at it dispassionatly England will probably draw or lose to France, France are odds on favourites to win the final (last time i checked) but at least England have a decent chance against them at the moment (on paper looking pretty strong).

Put them on paper next to each other and Frace is miles ahead.

German league is just rubbish. Get over it tounge_o.gif

i agree with you that german football isn't advanced. but it is not rubbish. watch some games of werder bremen or vfb stuttgart from 2003/04. i know, they had some bad days. but most of their games were attractive (stuttgart only in 2003).

The most entertaining league is La Championnat, the best is La Primera, the most tactical is the Serie A and the Premier league is the most interesting. The bundesliga is a mix of those.

the most attractive football you'll see this year is in french or czech games...

U wanna see attractive football you should keep your eye on the Portugese.  Ronaldo is going to raise some eyebrows....you watch wink_o.gif

I'd love England to win but i just don't think we have the togetherness of the Portugese, French or Spanish.

Yeah we have a good squad on paper and some world class players but if the team don't gel we aint got a prayer.

David James is always likely to drop a bollock at any time....we will certainly miss Rio at the back but when Henry drifts out to the left, as he likes to do, Gary Nevile will gladly put the boot in to make sure he thinks twice about coming back....we still don't have a left winger....If Gerrard and Owen link up well we should be able to beat France....if Heskey plays we may as well start getting the 'sorrow drowning drinks' in straight away....Rooney is still a little green as far as a big international stage is concerned and he has had little to no European experience (except when playing Arsenal in the Prem tounge_o.gif ), i wouldn't be suprised to see him get sent off for reacting to a hard tackle....Scholes hasn't scored for England for ages but if the ball drops on the edge of the box i know who i want to be waiting for it....Beckham, well....he will be up for it as usual but he hasn't had a great season at Real and if Sven chooses to play Owen and Rooney his crosses won't be a real threat unless he can bend them in low and round the back of defences.  Expect at least one show-stopping free-kick though biggrin_o.gif

If i am honest i would say we will be lucky to get to the last 8.

My tip to win has to go with Portugal.  Home nation and Ronaldo, Figo and Nuno Gomes up front....pfff, sheer class!!

*Edit*

come on Cwmbran!

At last you have seen sense and decided to support a team that actually HAS a trophy cabinet!! tounge_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

cristiano.jpg

Cristiano Ronaldo - Manchester United & Portugal.

ronaldo.jpg

Ronaldo - Real Madrid and Brazil.

Quote[/b] ]At last you have seen sense and decided to support a team that actually HAS a trophy cabinet!!

Hater! tounge_o.gif

Just cos City are the only team from Manchester. biggrin_o.gif

U wanna see attractive football you should keep your eye on the Portugese.  Ronaldo is going to raise some eyebrows....you watch wink_o.gif

Ahh, you mean 'Mr. Stepover', who can't cross a ball to save himself? biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]if Heskey plays we may as well start getting the 'sorrow drowning drinks' in straight away....

Actually, i think he adds a lot to the England front line. Hardly ever scores, but works well with his back to goal setting up other players. Showed how well he can play as a target-man against Iceland last week.

Quote[/b] ]Rooney is still a little green as far as a big international stage is concerned and he has had little to no European experience (except when playing Arsenal in the Prem tounge_o.gif ),

You can say that again, i don't think the lads ever been south of Portsmouth.... in fact Paddy Power are offering 66-1 on Rooney missing a game due to sunburn! biggrin_o.gif

I've bought 20 Dutch shirts for 50€ at Ebay for me and some friends. biggrin_o.gif

I think I'll write "Roy mag Ei" on mine. tounge_o.gifwink_o.gif

Ahh, you mean 'Mr. Stepover', who can't cross a ball to save himself? biggrin_o.gif

Watch the FA Cup Final again mate, thats all I can say.

Then again, Millwall's defence is not exactly up to scratch and could even make Wolves look good biggrin_o.gif

I know...  wink_o.gif  He's vastly improved on the weakness he had in the 1st half of the season.

I'm a bit over-critical of him because at the start of the season he was in competition with Fletcher for a place in the team. Now of course Fletcher has moved into the middle, so everyone is happy....apart from Butt, Keane, Neville, Kleberson etc. biggrin_o.gif

The swedish newspaper Aftonbladet has this thing called "The deam team" Where you select a team of 11 players. Prefearably those 11 players that will make score most goals etc. You can create your own leauge and compete with you friends, coworkers, family or pants.

If there were a internation variant (in english) we could have an Bi Forum lauge...

smile_o.gif

Exactly what i was going to say.

The lad's 17, just joined one of the biggest clubs in the world (not as MASSIVE as City though tounge_o.gif ) has only been there less than 12 months and has brought something to the English game that has been missing since the days of George Best and people are hating on him already JUST because he is a Man-U player.  Ronaldo will be young player of the year next year and Player of the year the next wink_o.gif

Wright-Philips is a good player also but i think he will have to move to a bigger club (yeah Gadge, even more MASSIVE than City) to grow into a great player....you need to be around world class players to become a world class player yourself.  He is beter than Heskey though who shouldn't even get a spot in the squad imo.

Did you know City have the biggest floodlights in the football league? - MASSIVE CLUB biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Wright-Philips is a good player also but i think he will have to move to a bigger club (yeah Gadge, even more MASSIVE than City) to grow into a great player....you need to be around world class players to become a world class player yourself. He is beter than Heskey though who shouldn't even get a spot in the squad imo.

Yep, sadly true sad_o.gif , but thats why I'm glad he didn't get the nod for the England team. If he did get picked and had a blinder then no way would we be able to keep hold of him, at least this way we might get another couple of seasons.

Personally it wouldn't suprise me if hes playing for Arsenal next season sad_o.gif

I know...  wink_o.gif  He's vastly improved on the weakness he had in the 1st half of the season.

I'm a bit over-critical of him because at the start of the season he was in competition with Fletcher for a place in the team. Now of course Fletcher has moved into the middle, so everyone is happy....apart from Butt, Keane, Neville, Kleberson etc. biggrin_o.gif

Fletcher should grow into a good player too.

He had a great game for Scotland a couple of weeks back and did u see the run he made into the box in the FA Cup Final wow_o.gif It was like watching Maradona!! biggrin_o.gif

Yep we have many of them here Speedy, most gambling sites, tv networks and newspapers have their own variant.

http://www.dreamteamfc.com/dtfc04e....ENGLISH  smile_o.gif

Oh yes you are right. There seems to be quite a lot of them. But I realized that the payment methods could complicate things when having a league for participants all over the world. But do you know of any free alternative?

Yep we have many of them here Speedy, most gambling sites, tv networks and newspapers have their own variant.

http://www.dreamteamfc.com/dtfc04e....ENGLISH  smile_o.gif

Oh yes you are right. There seems to be quite a lot of them. But I realized that the payment methods could complicate things when having a league for participants all over the world. But do you know of any free alternative?

Well where I work we construct our own league, just using their point counting system and rules, no need to pay smile_o.gif