Sign in to follow this  
der bastler

UEFA Euro 2004

I voted Sweden, not that I think we have a huge shot at winning. Anything to make the poll uneven :P But I am ofcourse hoping for a win, even though we will probably only make it to the quarters.

How is this theat more relevant than Donald Duck?rock.gif?

Donald Duck = little to discuss, very few people interested.

Ooooooh!!!! HOW DARE YOU!!!! YOU TAKE THAT BACK RIGHT NOW!!!!

mad_o.gif  mad_o.gif

I'm planning on doing some betting, so I want to make a bit of statistical analyisis before placing the bets. smile_o.gif

can you post here after the euro2004 how many results were right?

Sure, if I get around doing it. I though about training a neural net to predict winners in matches. The tricky issue is finding the right data and identifying relavant parameters.

Quote[/b] ]cos i don't think that statistics can say anything about football results.

Sure it can. For example if one team has lost 100 games in a row without scoring a goal then the probability is quite high that they will lose in the 101th game smile_o.gif

Sure it can. For example if one team has lost 100 games in a row without scoring a goal then the probability is quite high that they will lose in the 101th game smile_o.gif

Naaaah, everything's possible in sports... In the end it's always a good team that wins but a lot of the underdogs can get pretty far too...

Quote[/b] ]locally known to be direct descendants of unicelular amoebas

So how are they any different to custom guards?  tounge_o.gif  wink_o.gif

customs guards have a rudimentary vocabulary, some might even know how to read...and dont have the caracteristic Republican Guard low forehead, small beady eyes and big hairs coming out of their ears and nose.

Also, any Republican Guard u will meet will most likely be drunk as a skunk biggrin_o.gif

hopefully the merging works this time smile_o.gif

And the mere mortals gaze in aww as a seemless transition is made. tounge_o.gif

hopefully the merging works this time smile_o.gif

ha, it's done. big thx to placebo! smile_o.gif

as is said before, i voted for the czech republic.

Naaaah, everything's possible in sports... In the end it's always a good team that wins but a lot of the underdogs can get pretty far too...

Of course it's possible, but it's not probable. With a proper analysis you can extract patterns and trends. There is of course no way of exactly predicting the outcome of every game, but with a good data set and a good model, you should be able to predict the outcomes a bit better than flipping a coin.

Funny how England are pulling ahead in the poll even though we have no chance (i voted for England btw lol) smile_o.gif

Of course it's possible, but it's not probable. With a proper analysis you can extract patterns and trends. There is of course no way of exactly predicting the outcome of every game, but with a good data set and a good model, you should be able to predict the outcomes a bit better than flipping a coin.

hm, yes, that's right.

i have to write a big test in a week about "stochastik"... crazy_o.gif

My heart says England, my head says France, my soul says Czech Republic wink_o.gif

my bet would be on Brazil

edit: oh wait there is no brazil in europe then i say switzerland

edit2: if france wins again i kill myself

Quote[/b] ]locally known to be direct descendants of unicelular amoebas

So how are they any different to custom guards?  tounge_o.gif  wink_o.gif

customs guards have a rudimentary vocabulary, some might even know how to read...and dont have the caracteristic Republican Guard low forehead, small beady eyes and big hairs coming out of their ears and nose.

Also, any Republican Guard u will meet will most likely be drunk as a skunk  biggrin_o.gif

You forgot to mention that they don't care about anything else but beating up people... no matter how famous they are (a member of the spanish royal family was once treated rather "incorrectly" by one of those thick-headed gorillas). The funny thing is, if you complain, the public security police arrests them, but no case is formed...

My heart says England, my head says France, my soul says Czech Republic  wink_o.gif

They said that Czech Republic have powerful team but I think it will be France just a feeling! biggrin_o.gif

Where's the "I like pie" option? Come on you guys! I wanne vote for "I like pie"!!!!

We might as well ask “What country are you from†in this poll. Any kind of poll that has to do with international sports is bound to be extremely biased.  tounge_o.gif

Take me as an example, I clearly said Italy in my first post, yet I voted Sweden in the poll  sad_o.gif  smile_o.gif

We might as well ask “What country are you from†in this poll. Any kind of poll that has to do with international sports is bound to be extremely biased.  tounge_o.gif

Take me as an example, I clearly said Italy in my first post, yet I voted Sweden in the poll  sad_o.gif  smile_o.gif

Eurovision song festival anyone?

We might as well ask “What country are you from†in this poll. Any kind of poll that has to do with international sports is bound to be extremely biased. tounge_o.gif

Take me as an example, I clearly said Italy in my first post, yet I voted Sweden in the poll sad_o.gifsmile_o.gif

sad but true. sad_o.gif

so for which country are the citizens of countrys which are not qualified for the euro voting?

sad but true.  sad_o.gif

so for which country are the citizens of countrys which are not qualified for the euro voting?

BELGIUM ALL THE WAAAY!!!

Oh wait...

damn...

Well except for the fact that you can't vote for you're own country there (well except for Croatia that is) So people tend to vote for their neighbours instead, and I suppose that that is equally biasing

wink_o.gif

Well except for the fact that you can't vote for you're own country there (well except for Croatia that is) So people tend to vote for their neighbours instead, and I suppose that that is equally biasing

wink_o.gif

oh there are many teams qualified but not in this poll: croatia, latvia, russia... but this forum software supports only 10 answers for a poll.

yes, it is biased. so what? i don't think that the result of this poll will say anything about the result of the euro2004. the only cause for opening this thread is that we have something to discuss and think about. and the poll is here that we can see what the people here around are guessing. tounge_o.gif

back on topic please. wink_o.gif

I voted for The Netherlands as they are my next favourite team on the list after England, and I feel saying my home nation will win is somewhat clouded by bias and possibly false hope. Nether the less they have my undying support as you can probably tell from my sig/av combo biggrin_o.gif

France are probably the strongest side but it'd be wrong for me to say they will win. biggrin_o.gif

wink_o.gif

oh there are many teams qualified but not in this poll: croatia, latvia, russia... but this forum software supports only 10 answers for a poll.

yes, it is biased. so what? i don't think that the result of this poll will say anything about the result of the euro2004. the only cause for opening this thread is that we have something to discuss and think about. and the poll is here that we can see what the people here around are guessing.  tounge_o.gif

back on topic please.  wink_o.gif

No, no, I wasn't whining. I have no problems with the poll. I was just stating the obvious facts.

smile_o.gif

Besides, all that talk about Croatia and other countries were for the European Song contest that Darklight was talking about. I don't see any reason to have the words “Croatia, win and 2004†being mentioned in one sentence. (jk) :-P