Sign in to follow this  
der bastler

UEFA Euro 2004

Ireland didn't qualify....... biggrin_o.gif

But did beat our (dutch) bunch of overpayed senior citizens wink_o.gif

I was ashamed to be Dutch after I saw how crap they played (again) wink_o.gif

I was ashamed to be Dutch after I saw how crap they played (again)  wink_o.gif

I wasn't able to see the game, when I came home Frans Bauer was on the field making a ass of himself (as usual). Later on I heared that was the best part of the match biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]It's not too boring. But it's certainly not as exciting as some other sports out there. (Like the Italian MotoGP. Some of the best riding and one of the most bizarre meetings I've ever seen.)

Oh yes, it's far too boring  wink_o.gif   And I have to say motor racing is my favourite genre. MotoGP is intense and fun with it's constantly change of positions (as is SuperGP) . The very same intense fighting makes European Touring Car Championship just as exciting where my beloved Alfa's beat BMW every year. Let's not forget the World Rally Championship which is getting just as nervebraking exciting this year as it was last year when Petter Solberg won in the end. Then there's the king of motorsport: Formula One. I have followed every season on TV since 1983. I still remember the great fights with Nelson Piquet, Stefan Johanson, Michele Alboretto, Ayerton Senna, Nigel Mansel and Prost - ah those were the days  smile_o.gif

THAT is exciting - that is drama and love!

CUORE SPORTIVO

Yes i strongly agree on the Fomula 1 point! smile_o.gif

Why didnt you create a poll here?

Because I wanted to hear some explanations.

The game yesterday was crap. Seems Germany vs. Netherlands will be a massacre. I'm glad that I didn't buy a TV at MediaMarkt... biggrin_o.gif

No harm having both, if you create a new poll thread I can merge these together smile_o.gif

Football is sooooo boring!

It's not too boring. But it's certainly not as exciting as some other sports out there. (Like the Italian MotoGP. Some of the best riding and one of the most bizarre meetings I've ever seen.)

But, it must be said that the 'dramatical acting' that is/was rife in professional football has tarnished the image of the game, especially in countries where much harder hitting sports are the dominanting codes.

Football is boring cos its not as big in Australia as in Eurpoe. We have AFL. God I love the game and the MCG. (Click my sig for the fight between Essedon and Hawthon). F1s are ok. V8s to. Gooo Ambrose smile_o.gif

Ireland didn't qualify....... biggrin_o.gif

But did beat our (dutch) bunch of overpayed senior citizens wink_o.gif

I was ashamed to be Dutch after I saw how crap they played (again)  wink_o.gif

Imagine my life, Belgium always plays crap!!!!

Hmmm actually i don't really care...

As long as we have good beer, women and chocolat, i'm a happy man smile_o.gif

Happy boy actually

The game yesterday was crap. Seems Germany vs. Netherlands will be a massacre.

I bet it will end with another Dutch player spitting on Rudi Völler. biggrin_o.gif

There's an ongoing dispute between the German and Dutch students at my school now. The Dutch are bragging that their team will beat us after they didn't make it to the World Cup two years ago (whis is still a reason to make fun of the Netherlands in Germany wink_o.gif ). But the German answer is always that we'll beat them 3:0. smile_o.gif

Am Ende wechstelt sich Rudi selber ein, wenn wir am verlieren sind. tounge_o.gif

after Portugal beats Greece ill be banned by Ex-Ronin from these forums... crazy_o.gif   tounge_o.gif

But seriously, although my country is hosting this championship, my bet for the final is Spain vs England or Italy.

This said, Portugal will win, we bought the referees and kidnaped their families  biggrin_o.gif

Erm, although high hopes are set on Portugal as to be one of the favourites, I really am not so confident... I mean, our team has lost many good and experienced players, after the debacle in S. Corea the coach was impeached by everyone here in Portugal, but other good players left the team, including FC Porto's experienced defender, Jorge Costa. Fernando Couto, although also experienced and an international player at that, is not as good as the national team's eternal "libero". Well, on the plus side, we've got Scolari as a coach... and Porto won the Championsleague, so morale is not an issue... AND we still have FIGO!!!

VIVA PORTUGAL!!!  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

P.S.: Who else will be banned from the forums besides Bonko, Mig and me? any other "tugas" out there?

Heróis do Mar, Nobre povo, Naçăo valente e imoral... tounge_o.giftounge_o.giftounge_o.gif

bandnac.jpg

BUZZARD @ June 08 2004,21:25)]AND we still have FIGO!!!

Sorry man, Figo is badly out of shape. The rest of the portugal team is a bit too old. You guys have excellent players, a shame they're not on your national team. But still it's a team not to be underestimated. It's just a shame I think you won't be able to optimally profit from the fact that the rest of europe is out of shape. I kinda sympathise with Portugal since they share a fact with the Netherlands: They always have some of the worlds best players, but they've won Jack shit till now wink_o.gif

Here, here..

BTW , do Romania get to play against Germany again?

My wife is from transylvania so that's who I support

5-1 last time wink_o.gif

right, and now Live from Lisbon...the crowds are coming in, man, this city usualy has loads of turists, but tonight theres thousands roaming the streets, and a lot of them are looking for trouble, in fact im quite worried about the 13th of July, England vs France match day, 'cos the 12th there is a mad all night long big party in Lisbon, St.Anthony's Day, the streets overflow, everybody gets completely drunk and no car , be it ambulance or police car will be able to move, usualy its pure chaos even without hooligans prowling about :\

heh...ill head off to the countryside and watch the games on TV tounge_o.gif

but tonight theres thousands roaming the streets, and a lot of them are looking for trouble, in fact im quite worried about the 13th of July, England vs France match day, 'cos the 12th there is a mad all night long big party in Lisbon

To the Water-cannons! The English are coming!  wow_o.gif

_1370342_charleroi_ap300.jpg

Seriously though, i don't think we'll see a repeat of the scenes above. The police have issued banning orders (and taken the passports) of 2500 or so known hooligans. Natrually, there will be isolated incidents, but i doubt it'll be large scale riots.

Does anybody know a good site with football stats. I need something that has stats from the qualification matches and preferably as well from previous EC's and WC's?

I'm planning on doing some betting, so I want to make a bit of statistical analyisis before placing the bets. smile_o.gif

Does anybody know a good site with football stats. I need something that has stats from the qualification matches and preferably as well from previous EC's and WC's?

Football365 is pretty good. (Click the team names for much more detailed info).

Quote[/b] ]I'm planning on doing some betting, so I want to make a bit of statistical analyisis before placing the bets. smile_o.gif

I've backed Germany and England to win it. Germany because of the long odds and excellent tournament pedigree... and England because the financial compensation will help to ease the pain and suffering of them winning!  biggrin_o.gif

I'm planning on doing some betting, so I want to make a bit of statistical analyisis before placing the bets. smile_o.gif

Yes UEFA has quite alot info about each country and so on.

Soccerbase has some sort of history of previous games. (Stats from 1871 to 2004) You can read the stats of individual players as well.

Hope this helps. smile_o.gif

Thanks guys, that was exactly what I was looking for smile_o.gif

Denmark tralalala Denmark tralalala

Og det var Danmark og det var Danmark olay olay olay

I hold on Denmark we did it once and we can proplery do it again(not) sad_o.gif

How is this theat more relevant than Donald Duck?rock.gif?

STGN

Donald Duck = little to discuss, very few people interested.

Euro2004 = many things to discuss, many people interested.

can you post here after the euro2004 how many results were right?

cos i don't think that statistics can say anything about football results.

The game yesterday was crap. Seems Germany vs. Netherlands will be a massacre. I'm glad that I didn't buy a TV at MediaMarkt... biggrin_o.gif

rudi bought one. but this money was wasted: finally germany is in a group with some "real" footballteams (no offense to saudi arabia, cameroon and ireland). this time they won't get to the final without playing against a good team (like in 2002 in japan/s. korea). this time they won't even reach the quarterfinals.

the czechs are gonna win it. hopefully. cos they're playing the best football in the last months(/years).

Donald Duck = little to discuss, very few people interested.

Euro2004 = many things to discuss, many people interested.

Oh I guess this dosent count:

Quote[/b] ]

Off-topic forum is here so that you can discuss things that are somewhat related to the game, but not about the game itself. The forum subtitle reads:

"about wars, military conflicts and everything what pertinent to Army"

Even if this forum section is called Offtopic, it is still part of Operation Flashpoint discussion board - and any topics that are completely unrelated to OFP can be closed or deleted. We see no reason why we should dedicate our bandwidth and hosting space to such discussions.

If you want to talk about something else or about nothing at all, there is plenty of spaces on the web where you can do it (like public chat rooms, some newsgroup or IRC).

Edited by Suma on --

Enything abut the Anti terror preperations Danish PET(police Intelegence) is whaching out for the Danish players.

STGN

LMAO!!!

be prepared...the customs guard is threatning with a strike during the Euro2004, so those of you who are coming here will be greeted at the airport by illiterate sub-human and brainless National Republican Guard agents, locally known to be direct descendants of unicelular amoebas (albeit a very violent type of amoeba) crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]locally known to be direct descendants of unicelular amoebas

So how are they any different to custom guards? tounge_o.gifwink_o.gif