Sign in to follow this  
der bastler

UEFA Euro 2004

Bonko, sorry mate, but you will lose this one. If we can beat Spain away, we can beat Portugal away too. And I think we can manage a draw. We will destroy Russia, go through to the Quarter Finals, kick out Germany, and then France will beat us in the semis, who will graciously lose to Italy in the final.

If this happens as I just said, I will change my name to Nostradamus smile_o.gif

I'm not going to predict the final winner, but here's my take on who will continue to the quarters:

Group A:

Spain & Greece, possibly Spain and Portugal.

Group B:

Difficult to say except for that it won't be Switzerland. The three remaining France, England and Croatia are all former powers that are not quite in shape. If I was forced to make a wager I'd probably say France and Croatia.

Group C:

Sweden and Italy.

Group D:

German and Netherlands. The Czechs could surprise, but not likely. Germany sucks this year, but it's still Germany.

Beyond this I don't dare to make any guesses yet. Group B will be the most interesting I think.

Perm ban for anyone using the "s" word instead of football wink_o.gif

im just glad im going to be in japan when this is happening and i wont be coming back if england win dont think i could stand them winning another major championship like when the did the rugby

the Netherlands!

Getting their asses kicked in the first round tounge_o.gif

Sorry to say this but they sucked in the last games they played sad_o.gif

..., kick out Germany, ...

You know, you are currently guest in this country.

I might just talk to our irish assistant - she can easily end your career in almost all the irish pubs in Munich (she worked in many of them). (A few might be left for you, as she got a order to stay away in those biggrin_o.gif , but Killians is none of them) wow_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Anyway, I expect Germany and Czech Rep. to qualify in that group. Italy and Bulgaria in C, France and England in B and Portugal and Spain in A.

However, I have no clear bet for the winner. Prob. Spain or Portugal.

Ah.....is THAT what Virgin Radio is goin' on about? Lotta England commercials with dramatic music....didn't think it was time for the World Cup yet...

Yeah gotta love those straaange commercials with all those screaming people...

I think they call it classical music...

Ok so the wagering has officially started? :P

In that case:

Group A: Portugal and Spain

Group B: Croatia and France

Group C: Italy and Sweden

Group D: German and Czech

smile_o.gif

Football is sooooo boring! We could just as well be talking about something just as interesting - like bowling or marathon sad_o.gif

Group A: Greece and Spain

Group B: Croatia and England

Group C: Italy and Sweden

Group D: Latvia and Germany

Football is sooooo boring! We could just as well be talking about something just as interesting - like bowling or marathon  sad_o.gif

blasphemy! BAN HIM NOW! jk

well maybe that is because you live in norway and football is not the country favourite sport. but it is a fantastic sport to watch. The strategy, the skills. it is great.

Placebo ya I meant Hellfish b4 lol.

But Italy is so going to win!

GO ITALY GO

Football is sooooo boring! We could just as well be talking about something just as interesting - like bowling or marathon  sad_o.gif

Flamebaiting is against the rules wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Germany doesn't play well enough to get even to the quarters

didnt stop em getting to the world cup final, they always play crap yet seem to go through..

England v Germany final

Although my heart says England biggrin_o.gif

My head says France, Italy or Portugal sad_o.gif

but never under-estimate the Germans tounge_o.gif

Must agree on that one...

It can be fun to play, well, not if you're playing to win or if you play real competition...

But playing with your friends can be a lot of fun, especially with some 'alcoholic' (or anything related ;) ) help tounge_o.gif

We don't play on a football field, our field has the shape of a triangle and there are a lot of trees too biggrin_o.gif

Now THAT's what i call fun tounge_o.gif

I prefer watching extreme sports smile_o.gif

And i don't like watching TV anyway smile_o.gif

I rarely sit in front of the TV for more than 30 minutes...

The only football game that i sometimes watch is the final, and when i say watching it, i mean putting it on once in a while to see what's the score... I'll probably watch only the last uhm... 15 minutes smile_o.gif

And i'll check out the summary afterwards, to see the best moments...

That's enough watching football for me...

A: Portugal, Spain

B: France, England

C: Italy, Denmark

D: Holland, Germany

Something bad could happen to Spain, England could be beaten by Croatia (though probably not the French team), The Danes could lose out to the Swedes, the Germans are playing poorly recently but who knows for sure, the Dutch are also playing somewhat erratically so the Czechs have a chance. In other words i have no idea. Which will make it kind of fun.

Probably France, Italy final with France to win. But what am i saying... clearly England will win this time.

A: Portugal, Spain

B: France, England

C: Italy, Denmark

D: Holland, Germany

Something bad could happen to Spain, England could be beaten by Croatia (though probably not the French team), The Danes could lose out to the Swedes, the Germans are playing poorly recently but who knows for sure, the Dutch are also playing somewhat erratically so the Czechs have a chance. In other words i have no idea. Which will make it kind of fun.

Probably France, Italy final with France to win. But what am i saying... clearly England will win this time.

Yep and with group D being the "group of death" I think Latvia have a fair chance of sneaking through, the other 3 (holland, czech, Germany) will be playing tight games against each other, with none of them wanting to drop points, whilst when each team plays Latvia the games will be far more open with the expectations of them all giving Latvia a stuffing, well you saw what happened to the Turks....

Football is sooooo boring!

It's not too boring. But it's certainly not as exciting as some other sports out there. (Like the Italian MotoGP. Some of the best riding and one of the most bizarre meetings I've ever seen.)

But, it must be said that the 'dramatical acting' that is/was rife in professional football has tarnished the image of the game, especially in countries where much harder hitting sports are the dominanting codes.

Yep and with group D being the "group of death" I think Latvia have a fair chance of sneaking through, the other 3 (holland, czech, Germany) will be playing tight games against each other, with none of them wanting to drop points, whilst when each team plays Latvia the games will be far more open with the expectations of them all giving Latvia a stuffing, well you saw what happened to the Turks....

Nah, there's normally quite a quality difference between Turkey and Latvia. As group D will be really intense, goalratios will mean the difference, so everyone will be on topmotivation, especially agains latvia since they think there's where to score.

Fussball is great!

Why didnt you create a poll here?  rock.gif  Would have been nice. Me personally I believe the italians have a pretty strong team this year. The french too, but I think they had a tough season AGAIN and will therefore be too exhausted AGAIN!

The dutch have perfect strikers but defense is weak, but in the year 2004, who needs a defense if you are playing against teams like germany?

England? Well as always the big self-orgasmic football-nation will be depressed to return home in the quarter-finals or semi-finals. They got an easy group which is not a great advantage cause tough group-opponents prepare better for finals. Still english football remains english football, great to watch but dusty dusty dusty.

My tip (besides Italy) is Ireland! Be prepared. They got a good team composed of fighters! What..they are not qualified? Well then aehmmm... Germany is gonna win!

Ah..and dont forget. This year there is no more golden goals. It is being replaced by the silver goal.

Ireland didn't qualify....... biggrin_o.gif

But did beat our (dutch) bunch of overpayed senior citizens wink_o.gif

yeah, the dutch team isn't on it's best right now, the've had a terrible preparation, and are basically still in a "loosing mood" since not qualifying for the worldcup 2002. But I still have some hope, since they tend to grow into a tournament once it developes. Now we only need to survive that first round wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]It's not too boring. But it's certainly not as exciting as some other sports out there. (Like the Italian MotoGP. Some of the best riding and one of the most bizarre meetings I've ever seen.)

Oh yes, it's far too boring wink_o.gif And I have to say motor racing is my favourite genre. MotoGP is intense and fun with it's constantly change of positions (as is SuperGP) . The very same intense fighting makes European Touring Car Championship just as exciting where my beloved Alfa's beat BMW every year. Let's not forget the World Rally Championship which is getting just as nervebraking exciting this year as it was last year when Petter Solberg won in the end. Then there's the king of motorsport: Formula One. I have followed every season on TV since 1983. I still remember the great fights with Nelson Piquet, Stefan Johanson, Michele Alboretto, Ayerton Senna, Nigel Mansel and Prost - ah those were the days smile_o.gif

THAT is exciting - that is drama and love!

CUORE SPORTIVO