Sign in to follow this  
SpeedyDonkey

Swat 4

Say, is this SWAT 4, actually SWAT: Urban Justice?

Cause I remember they announced that some time ago.

Say, is this SWAT 4, actually SWAT: Urban Justice?

Cause I remember they announced that some time ago.

The devs were at least the same so guess so.

Loved the variability of the missions! Sometimes it was hard to find the guy in mission 1!

Hope SWAT4 features a visible team that takes care of injured and arrested people.

@Doc Zaius

You're welcome wink_o.gif

Swat 4 is not Swat : Urban Justice.

Both games were planned , but some months ago Sierra/Vivendi announced that Swat : Urban Justice was cancelled and Swat 4 was put on oblivion for some time.

The members of the Swat 4 dev team are not the same as those who produced Swat 3 , the majority of them left Sierra/Vivendi in the middle of Urban Justice development.

IMHO police quest 4 was the worst of the original police quests, I kind of liked 1/2/3. smile_o.gif

Police Quest was one of my first PC games and I still love it. Unfortunatly Sierra fucked up the Police Quest Collection (1,2,3,4 + Swat), didnt include the password majigen for Police Quest 2 and none of the controls worked for Police Quest 3 sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]metro red line does NOT have a two seat sideway seating near door. i can tell you that much

If theres such a thing as damning with faint praise, is this praise with faint damning. If this is the the worst we can say about a game it can't be bad.

Seriously I was a big fan of SWAT 3 and was sorry to hear UJ go go by the wayside. This will be added to my list of games to watch along with Rome TW, Battle for Middle Earth and the new Oleg Maddox titles.

.. and for those that have been living under a rock the single player demo is out. smile_o.gif

I like it a lot so far, excess use of force is punished and suspects act in a much more realistic fashion. For example, a regular thug with a 9mm beretta does not go berzerk upon seeing 3 swat guys pointing assault rifles at him. Despite all this Swat 4 actually seems more difficult than 3 or im just getting old. crazy_o.giftounge_o.gif

I have been playing the MP demo since it was release and now the SP demo and its looking really good IMO. The AI is great, just as it was in SWAT3. Im definitely buying this one smile_o.gif

I was'nt impressed by the MP-demo (not my kind of MP), but the SP-demo was alot of fun. I think it will rock in coop.

Now I just need to remember that after every time I use the "cuffs" it automatically switch to my primary again (too many ADs lately biggrin_o.gif

I'm looking forwards to this one. I remember playing SWAT3 with my mate looking over my shoulder giving a running commentary like the bloke from the World's Wildest Police Videos programme, complete with corny accent.

"When this felon decided to take potshots at passing motorists, it was only a matter of time before the boys in blue... blew him away!"

biggrin_o.gif

excess use of force is punished

WHAT rock.gif it's just a basic shooter then more than a Police SWAT sim !!!! tounge_o.gif

I really like it. Feels pretty intense, which alot of games that handle CQB fails to capture, IMO.

The command system is very intuitive, and I hope that BIS can accomplish something similar in OFP2, only... Well, better biggrin_o.gif

The AI is pretty nice, not as good as the SWAT3 AI felt. But still, very good, the suspects behave in quite a realistic manner. Most of the time, I found that firing, even if less than lethal rounds caused suspects to become more prone to opening fire on me and my team. And I have to admit... I love playing police-officer biggrin_o.gif

the suspects behave in quite a realistic manner.

I don't know. To me they seem very insecure about themselves and have a hard time making up their mind biggrin_o.gif

They spot you, open fire, flee and close the door only to return a few seconds later and shoot some more at you or surrender LOL biggrin_o.gif

I guess this is the first game where the AI has conscience tounge_o.gif

The SP Demo was fairly impressive. I assume there'll be more weapons in the full version(I'm sure I could look on their website, but that's like 5 clicks and twenty keystrokes away tounge_o.gif )

The SP Demo was fairly impressive.  I assume there'll be more weapons in the full version(I'm sure I could look on their website, but that's like 5 clicks and twenty keystrokes away  tounge_o.gif )

It isn't on the site. I checked yesterday to see if there was a map list and weapons list, but there isn't.

Quote[/b] ] don't know. To me they seem very insecure about themselves and have a hard time making up their mind

They spot you, open fire, flee and close the door only to return a few seconds later and shoot some more at you or surrender LOL

Haha.. Just like SWAT 3. wow_o.gifblues.gif

I like it that the AI doesn't block your path in this game, actually I blocked the AI's path when giving the command to go thru a door and then 1 guy said "You're In my spot, sir". biggrin_o.gif

I like it that the AI doesn't block your path in this game, actually I blocked the AI's path when giving the command to go thru a door and then 1 guy said "You're In my spot, sir".  biggrin_o.gif

Usually I don't find that as a problem in most games ....except HL2 tounge_o.gif

Many people complained about the AI blocking your path in RvS. Personally I found a human teammate blocking my path to be alot bigger problem  biggrin_o.gif ...especially when he's covering my rear while standing in the doorway so I have no direction to retreat to when taking fire crazy_o.gif

R6 Lockdown will have to add some substantial new features to its franchise if its going to compete with SWAT4. Running around disarming bombs, killing tangos and fetching hostages won't cut it anymore when you see all the possibilities in SWAT4.

Just had a allmost perfect round in SWAT4... if it had'nt been for that stupid nosy tango who just had to approach the door half a second before my team breached it with C4 biggrin_o.gif

I was standing 2 meters from the door right infront of it and saw the unlucky tango got thrown backwards through the room and hit the wall in the other end. 1 tango incapacitated, rest unharmed. no injuries to offcers or civilians. 93 points. tounge_o.gif

Never played any SWAT game before, just tried this demo, and I am impressed!. The AI is very human. I like the way they don't try to kill 5 swat members with a handgun upon sight, and I like the comments they make ("Where's my goddamn lawyer!"). I, not having played many CQB games, was impressed by the ravenshield demo, but this blows it away. This has so much atmosphere to it, I feel like there is actually someone and need. (they do a good job with the 911 calls in the briefing, etc.)

However, I am unable to complete the demo-how do you secure hostages. I have tried everything. I walk up to them, press f and nothing happens. sad_o.gif

However, I am unable to complete the demo-how do you secure hostages. I have tried everything. I walk up to them, press f and nothing happens. sad_o.gif

Keep yelling, tazering/beanbagging them until they put their hands up and cuff em'. blues.gif

Yeah, I got the demo and played it, and completed it. Nice, I'm looking forward to the full version. The suspects are a bit wierd. I like that they have different personalites. The best way to complete the mission with limited death is to use taser... biggrin_o.gif It's really realistic and fun! wink_o.gif

I like the interface alot better now. It's lot easier to give orders and such.