Sign in to follow this  
SpeedyDonkey

Swat 4

One way to discourage brave criminals is shootign them in the hand when they are trying to be threatening. You can actually shoot them in the hand and they drop the gun they were holding.

SWAT 4 rocks before it's released (Full Version) smile_o.gif

The Shotgun with Beanbags is very usefull too biggrin_o.gif

remember Jonny Knoxville at Jackass the Movie biggrin_o.giftounge_o.gif

Being tazzed is not fun at all IRL by the way ... hopefully didn't make me crap or pee my pants ...

I very much liked the Demo.

I loved to yell: 'Drop your weapon!' in SWAT3

Only to hear: 'NO! You drop your weapon.

After playing the demo, I do miss some parts of the version3 command interface, though.

Trying to add more weapons to the single player demo as we speak.

Three trys, one real close, the rest failures.

I have been playing the demo and I really like it. I love tasering suspects when they start running straight at you with a pistol. Show the police some respect for heaven's sakes tounge_o.gif.

SWAT 3 was very inovative in many aspects.

For me the demo of SWAT4 is a disappointment. I can not see real improvements and some important things of SWAT3 where left out:

-suspects do not pick up weapons from the ground

-you do not need to handcuff suspects they will not run away anyway

-bad ragdoll effects

-tons of suspects against a swat team of only five

-no stealth mode anymore

-no iron sights

I could go on and on

The demo of SWAT3 made me buy the game

The demo of SWAT4 made me cancel it from my list.

Quote[/b] ]

-bad ragdoll effects

Beats canned animations. wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

-tons of suspects against a swat team of only five

You did play Swat 3 past level 4 right? crazy_o.gif

I would not call 8-9 suspects vs. 5 swat members that unfair really.

Quote[/b] ]

-no stealth mode anymore

IMHO the new much more sleeker command interface made dynamic/stealth mode redundant.

Quote[/b] ]

-no iron sights

I dont recall seeing those in Swat 3 either. How many times do you aim through iron sights in close quarters anyway?

Not all my points where meant to be in comparison with SWAT 3. These are also more general critics.

-ragdoll effects: come on we are so spoiled these days most FPS do it better and I think for CQB you need good ragdoll (in OFP it is maybe not so important).

-how often did you hear about incidents with around 10 armed suspects? What kind of force would you expect to deal with such an incident? (yes I played SWAT3 excessively and my favorite missions where the first ones where you do not face an entire army of criminals)

-The new interface is an improvement because it is easier to use but it does not bring in new functions.

-ironsights: I hate crosshairs (OFP did this to me) I rather shoot without crosshairs into the blue you get used to it, for an aimed shot bring up your ironsights. (imagine all the fancy optics a modern SWAT team uses)

What I hoped to find are suspects that mind there own business when you suprise them and do not just stand around one by one waiting for you.

Suspects that shield themselves with the hostages.

Ballistic shields.

The option to wrestle down a civilian if he does not comply. (think it is kind of an overkill to shoot at the hostages with a taser gun)

I could make a long list of what would have been nice....

Name me the big improvements- maybe I change my mind xmas_o.gif

I also find a lot of un-realism in this. Yeah suspects are almost always heavily outmanned by SWAT members, in real life...

Overall from what I have seen so far, this game actually is nothing. For a pure simulation of CQB SWAT, it's shite. They could have at least implemented true material physics for stuff like drywall, wooden doors, bricks etc. It is just so weak of an improvement from the run of the mill shooter.

Still, can be fun...

Uhm Spy17

suspects pic up weapons from ground again

and they run away!!

? ? ? ? no they don´t

The Dev´s said they had to leave it out because of time limitations.

If these SWAT developers put in even 50% of the work and thought into SWAT 4 that will go into OFP2, then this shooter would be at least 4 times more feature rich. These guys are lazy unorganized SOB's IMO. biggrin_o.gif

I mean for christs sake! There isn't even an ammo resupply method. For the massive shootouts they try to simulate, at leasto en should be able to have an ammo boy or to share ammunition or weapons.... ugh, waste of time this game is. crazy_o.gif

SWAT3 was verry inovative in it´s days (close to OFP release)

Shame they did not move on from this.

Maybe will OFP2 with improved CQB engine (mostly collision controll and AI wayfinding inside buildings)be a good substitute, so there would be no need for a dedicated SWAT game.

Or a SWAT addon for OFP2  wow_o.gif  wow_o.gif  wow_o.gif

Now that would be cool!

Imagine features like surrendering suspects or orders like breach-bang-clear in OFP!

You would have real heli insertions and and and....

Who knows, but I hope it will be at least mostly possible. Would be sweet.

SWAT3 was verry inovative in it´s days (close to OFP release)

Shame they did not move on from this.

Just played the demo. I can't distinguish between SWAT 4 and 3. Same thing, isn't it? rock.gif

I only played the SP demo very quickly, but when i tried the VIP MP demo, i thought the experience varied wildly, depending on the server joined. Some times it was really good fun, with good team work and it all went smoothly and was enjoyable, other times it was a nightmare, with people team killing (at times purposly - possibly because they were new however but then again its not hard not to shoot your entire team), and just trying to kill the VIP instead of arresting him, or the VIP running away from the SWAT team members and easily getting captured.

Hopefully the co-op gameplay mode will be released as a demo too to try that out and see how it differs, but from SWAT3 co-op multiplayer experience, it should be much better.

Got a series of screens while playing it yesterday too...

swat4anim17bg.gif

I'm pretty sure this was of the door getting blasted and not the VIP getting hit crazy_o.gif

swat4pic25ai.jpg

They could have at least implemented true material physics for stuff like drywall, wooden doors, bricks etc.

It's not in there? Swat 3 had that sad_o.gif One of my favourite things was firing a burst through a wooden door when you know there's a tango stood behind it smile_o.gif

I had Swat 3...was'nt super duper game, but the location ideas were fun...better than Rainbow Six I think.

Swat 4 should be real fun!!  The graphics look good smile_o.gif

hahaha i played swat 3 demo more than i played rainbow six.:D biggrin_o.gif I really can't get into those r6 games .

Nothing much of a change on SWAT 4:

Commands and graphic is almost the only thing that has a "big" change. I even think the command part is worst then on SWAT 3.

They could have at least implemented true material physics for stuff like drywall, wooden doors, bricks etc.

So far Iv'e shot suspects through metal doors... But I can't seem to get through any walls, like I could in SWAT3.

Uhm Spy17

suspects pic up weapons from ground again

and they run away!!

? ? ? ?  no they don´t

The Dev´s said they had to leave it out because of time limitations.

The crooks look like their about to drop their weapons, but in a couple cases they bring them back up and shoot or run.

It's not in there? Swat 3 had that sad_o.gif One of my favourite things was firing a burst through a wooden door when you know there's a tango stood behind it smile_o.gif

I remember of some time spent experimenting bullets penetrations in the basements of the training house of Swat 3, moving all those pannels made of different materials.

Sad if Swat 4 has not such ballistics.