Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Mapfact discussion thread

yes... wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

-------

raedor verarsch mich mal ncih so sad_o.giftounge_o.gif

-----------------

Had a quiet day off work, so I went for a wander around Mapfact Nogova 1.22 to see the sights. It occurred to me while gazing (slack-jawed!) at the amazing work you've done that no-one in the Nogovan Army ever needs to eat or wash. At least, it seems that way from the military base in the NE of the island. Do you think a future Barracks update could include a wash/latrine block and a kitchen/cookhouse, please?

as long as there are no washing animations for units, I think this is not really useful.

You are of course entitled to your opinion. There are no lying-in-bed or buying-something-from-the-airport-shop animations either, but Mapfact very kindly provide us with bunkbeds and other facilities. As the barracks buildings are just about complete in every respect except this, I merely posed the request in the interests of realism. Apologies if this somehow offends.

yeah, more "everyday duty" addons smile_o.gif

but maybe such stuff is better in the mil-obj pack?

i would also like som "camp" objects, like new tents, shelters and stuff like that....

Do you think a future Barracks update could include a wash/latrine block and a kitchen/cookhouse, please?

You really want to blow up some washing machines with hand grenades, right?

Like in that video here: Click me.

MfG Lee biggrin_o.gif

pretty good idea with the latrine  smile_o.gif

Ey raedor - you know what?

There comes into my mind the so called "Donnerbalken"

soz but i don't know the english word for it, but it's a couple of wood-sticks, placed infront of a small whole in the ground, and it's meant to act like a latrine but for reverse gear wink_o.giftounge_o.gif

Well for those who still can't figure out what i mean - it looks

like this:

donnerbalken.jpg

biggrin_o.gif

~S~ CD

nice one.

but i have seen a Donnerbalken in the second floor of a house, on the outside of course, on the ground was a little whole. the ugly thing was that you could see it fall if you were outside.

not nice i must say, not nice

hey! I'm eating here mad_o.gif

(really)

wink_o.gif

nice ideas, though. It would be really nice to see stuff like this on the island or at least in an object-pack.

If Mapfact releases it they can use a new slogan;

"Mapfact: we know our shit"

biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

This new respawn sounds very intresting biggrin_o.gif

could really be useful unclesam.gif

looking forward to implement this script to some of my missions wink_o.gif

look what i found here wow_o.gif

w15db.jpg

w74iw.jpg

more!

more!

more!

pics & clouds made by Silola. i also found some more made by hardrock (clouds by footmunch), but i'm not sure if i am allowed to show them here.

to lessen your pleasant anticipation: this is a private project of Silola, i don't know if he is ever going to release it or what else it is thought for. tounge_o.gif

It'd be nice to have them for sure.

I would recon that if they have shown it, they might release it as well.

It'd be nice to have them for sure.

I would recon that if they have shown it, they might release it as well.

i hope & think that you're right. but i didn't see Silola since he posted the screens to ask him what he planned to do with the clouds. that's why i decided to play it safe wink_o.gif

btw the low FPS is because he set his viewdistance very high, not because of the clouds...

i also found some more made by hardrock (clouds by footmunch), but i'm not sure if i am allowed to show them here.

These?

cloud1.jpg

cloud2.jpg

cloud3.jpg

cloud4.jpg

Footmunch posted the pics over at P:UKF's forums so I think it's fair to assume they're public domain.

i also found some more made by hardrock (clouds by footmunch), but i'm not sure if i am allowed to show them here.

These?

http://www.footmunch.org.uk/temp/cloud1.jpg

http://www.footmunch.org.uk/temp/cloud2.jpg

http://www.footmunch.org.uk/temp/cloud3.jpg

http://www.footmunch.org.uk/temp/cloud4.jpg

Footmunch posted the pics over at P:UKF's forums so I think it's fair to assume they're public domain.

yep, right. these are the same. smile_o.gif

So there isn't too much lag? It is actually playable?

i don't know. check the pics and its viewdistance... they are around ~15FPS on a medium system i guess.

but sure, these clouds definately take some performance.

They got to be done throught drop comand, I can't imagine those being actual models, script yes.

That would be great to have, imagine that A-10 sudently coming out from the clouds aming at your conboy, hell yeah.

Bring it on blues.gif

@CERO.