Sign in to follow this  
MAA

Csla 2

Strange boots...but i'm not gonna say they must be wrong,but still there "strange".

boots.jpg

WOW....and i realy mean WOW..

truck4.jpgbtr.jpg

If they did make one it would be in their latest CSLA2 expansion... so why not go and take a peek? =)

i think ppl have misunderstood me i mean has the REAL CSLA replaced the AK47cz as a standard issue rifle? and if they have, we u model it and can some one point me in the direction of the real deal?  smile_o.gif

Great Work CSLA team!

I would like to know if the real csla uses the same camo on their boots and their uniform or you just didnt get around to texturing them?

REAL CSLA have not used AK-47s. Standard weapon is attack rifle vz.58 (attack rifle Mark 58), so called SA-58. Its design is similar to AK-47, but is improved and used up to now...as a standard attack rifle od Czech republic army.

I would like to know if the real csla uses the same camo on their boots and their uniform or you just didnt get around to texturing them?

Hell, I spent TWO DAYS of fine-tuning the boot textures (still some dust needs to be added) wink_o.gif The texture looks as it should look like, but unfortunately the screenshots dont show too much detail smile_o.gif

The boots are hot-weather issue from 1990/1991 made of cloth with camo print and kinda nubuck leather. 100% real, only one piece of the Mk. 1991 desert equipment that was used by our army.

@Mr Reality:

Boots are little floated to the ground at that pic (I'm not sure if it is caused by animation or terrain (road) settings).

Boots are real shaped. Textures are not final yet (without wearing effect).

Detailed pic:

desert_boots2.jpg

just can't wait for that excellent work

ps: could you show us some screenshots of the enemy of your new csla units

btw are your csla units the resitance or are you making some middle east guys (some high quality middle east would be great, uce's are a bit old now)

please reply Maa

SA-58

Real pic:

csla2_real_sa58p.jpg

Basic info:

Caliber: 7.62x39 mm

Overall length: 845 mm (635 mm with folded stock)

Barrel length: 390 mm

Weight: with empty magazine 3.10 kg, with loaded magazine 3.60 kg

Magazine capacity: 30 rounds

Rate of fire: 750-850 rounds per minute

Effective range: about 400-500 meters

More info:

Guns.ru ENG

CSLA Riffles CZ

Old screen of Sa-58 from CSLA II. MOD:

csla2_sa58_03w.jpg

ps: could you show us some screenshots of the enemy of your new csla units

btw are your csla units the resitance or are you making some middle east guys (some high quality middle east would be great, uce's are a bit old now)

We are making new tango pack for Operation Lacerta, but they are secret for now wink_o.gif

This is more related to the Czech army I guess, but anyway -

Isn't it a bit, well... poorly done putting a relatively advanced scope on an old Czech copy of the AK47? Just asking...

If that's waht they really use it's not stupid to make the same weapon for OFP. THey create what s used by their military, so it's probably quite realistic. Putting a modern sight on an old rifle is a very cost-effective way to boost the weapons capabilities. Buying a new rifle for the entire military would be very expensive, since that would also mean (most likely) a switch in caliber.

SA-58 is not AK-47 copy. This is completely new and more advanced design. It is not closer to AK than e.g. Galil family. They are not AK copies as well. smile_o.gif

SA-58 is accurate and very durable weapon. Army tests are very demanding. I remember on one test, where 6 magazines were fired on full auto one by one, than it was put into barrel of water and another 6 magazines were fired...it was repeated several times without single problem. Most of weapons did 12.000 rounds such a way without jam. Try to do it with M-16/AR-15 family rifle. :b

Another story was said by our special forces soldier, who trained with Delta (I think) in US. Deltas were amazed by this gun, because our paratrooper put this rifle in the mud on bottom of the small river. After some time (several hours I think) he took this weapon out of water, shaked water and mud out and fired magazine in one burst.

Former Czechoslovakia was only Warshaw pact country, which has own design firearms, no license of AK copies.

Why to change it for more expensive, more unreliable and less effective gun?

@Mr Reality:

Boots are little floated to the ground at that pic (I'm not sure if it is caused by animation or terrain (road) settings).

Boots are real shaped. Textures are not final yet (without wearing effect).

I wasn't refering to the shape Maa i also was on about the colouring.Your vehicles look fantastic,very nice textures....This mod is now on my most wanted list.... smile_o.gif

Like Tomislav i too would like to know if the CSLA units are going to be on the west or resistance side.(I would prefer the resistance tounge_o.gif )

In the CSLA II pack they were Resistance. I imagine they will stay that way.

Yes, CSLA stay on resistance side for more variablity in missions.

They're wierd...They look like autum camo pattern rather than desert.At least your units have the uniform to match,not like that poor guy.He looks like he's gotten dressed in the dark.. tounge_o.gif

Really?? I was looking forward that CSLA is finally going to kick somebody´s ass and they´re defending AGAIN???

Really?? I was looking forward that CSLA is finally going to kick somebody´s ass and they´re defending AGAIN???

It is nice to have them Resistance as in advanced mission options in the mission editor you can switch them to be friendly/enemy to one or both or none of the other sides. =)

Yep, glad to have them on Resistance side myself - more flexibility in mission making without having to mess about with changing sides.

This camo was used later in '90 (I think that it is used in present too) and there are different colors on boots (too bright).

These colors are real for camo-scheme used in Lacerta:

csla_desert_front.jpg

there is a bunch of that old pattern czech desert camo stuff at the surplus shop near my house..its pretty cool.

The Vz-58 is supposed to be a really good gun.. while it may outwardly resemble the AK the mechanism it is internally quite different. There is a gun called the CZ-2000 (which looks to be based more on a klashnikov design than the Vz-58) its chambered for 5.56 NATO but im not sure if anyone has adopted it.

The Czechs have a long history of small arms manufacture, turning out some really great guns. The Sa-23 smg was an inspiration for the Uzi, for instance. The Cz-75 is also a very higly regarded handgun.

My friend and i recently rebuilt a Zb-30 LMG(which was copied by the british as the BREN) to use for reenacting.

its all great stuff