Sign in to follow this  
MAA

Csla 2

Quote[/b] ]Man, that's been explained a few times already in this thread

This thread is 47 pages long. While I'm a fan, I'm not reading through 47 pages.  rock.gif

The thread's this long partly because people keep asking the same damn questions tounge_o.gif

CSLA studio team meeting took place on Sunday 8.8. in Brno and nearby military museum in Orechov (place of battle between Soviets & Germans and former SA-3 AA rocket base).

This has been coordination, brainstorming and socializing meeting of CSLA team. Questions, tasks and finalized work which occured on this session will take several days to process. Therefore news and new pics from project Operation Lacerta will be released in several days. But I think they worth to wait a while.

For the time being we are bringing to you several pics from Orechov museum, where we had opportunity to take lots of materials for our mod including vehicle interiors.

The biggest experience for all of us was great ride on turretless BMP.

cslateam_jirkus_w.jpg

cslateam_jennik_w.jpg

cslateam_bobby_w.jpg

cslateam_edge&maa_w.jpg

cslateam_bobby&maa_w.jpg

You can download small video from second ride, note Jirkus on BMP commander hatch (would be nice proxy: BMPcommanderout.01, won't be?).

http://games.tiscali.cz/flashpo....de1.zip

Is thier an editable config for this mod. I like it but i really want to change the weapons and models of the russian and american soldiers

I think it's great that you are all able to meet and get along together. I forsee bright things coming from such a collaboration. smile_o.gif

@DiabloTerror: Operation Lacerta (desert CSLA) will be huge update to CSLA II. We have a new major project in plan, but nobody knows at the time, what name will be chosen...

@Hellfish6: It was great meeting. I am glad that people arrived, because some of them had to travel more than 4 hours to get there. We like such a meetings because of several reasons. We solve more things in one meeting than in one month via mail or ICQ. Second, we all have same interest...we enjoy same things (OFP, military...). Third, it makes real team from us, not only several people who knows each other via Internet....etc...

You will wonder when you will see CSLA T-shirts we made for team members and which will be used on next sessions biggrin_o.gif. Next session will take place on 28.8. on so called Tank day in armor museum of Czech army.

We have some news concerning Operation Lacerta.

Works are going well. Here are several pics from project Operation Lacerta. They are showing progress of works on island and desert vehicles.

csla2lacerta_lizardia_01w.jpg

csla2lacerta_lizardia_02w.jpg

csla2lacerta_skot_01w.jpg

csla2lacerta_t815_01w.jpg

Campaign will take place around 1990, it will contain clashes between CSLA a some unidentified tango group. We are trying to make the island as real as possible including topography and island history. Practically all addonmakers are involved (atm): Jennik, Jirkus, Edge, Status, MAA and me.

On top of that MAA remade his great SKOT and Tatra truck into desert cammo.

More pics can be found on our homepage.

http://games.worldonline.cz/flashpoint/index.asp

Sorry, I don' have energy to write long news today (Fri 13).

Beautiful as usual. smile_o.gif I really like the Bedouin tents - are they permanant on the map or placeable objects?

And what will be the theme of the new expansion? Will the CSLA be operating as a Soviet proxy? Peacekeeping? Aiding an African ally?

@Hellfish6

More informations about Operation Lacerta will be added next week include new pics...

Wondering after looking at the OT-64C's pic, was CSLA army already working with NATO or with the Western european armies in the chosen period of time ?  wow_o.gif

I mean, in reality

If you've got any spare T-shirts, you can send one my way. wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

We will show you few pics of that T-shirt first if you want wink_o.gif

I really like the Bedouin tents - are they permanant on the map or placeable objects?

They are permanent on island and placable via editor too smile_o.gif

Wow

very nice buildings!

They are better than BAS and CATAfghan buildings.

Looking forward to it

edit:

I can't find my CD with CSLA II mod on it any more!

I'm gonna cry...

buhuuhuuhuhuhuhuhuuhuuuuu

Wow

very nice buildings!

They are better than BAS and CATAfghan buildings.

Looking forward to it

Thanx. More pics of newest buildings will be posted next week smile_o.gif

Beautiful work!

Hmmm, let's see...

*early 90's = post Warsaw Pact so part of a NATO taskforce?

* Lacerta=Lizard, like Lizardia

* Desert, mosque

* Elephant skeletons - Africa? Then again, the tusks are intact...?

I dunno...something's saying Yemen type scenario to me. Any takers?

Looks fantastic anyway and I can't wait!

Cheers,

Cornhelium

Skeletons along the beach make me think Namibia (those look like whale bones, not elephant). Skeleton Coast and all. smile_o.gif

OH MY GOD!!! wow_o.gif  wow_o.gif  wow_o.gif  wow_o.gif  wow_o.gif  wow_o.gif

Breathtaking literally!! I bumped my nose against the screen when I saw these pictures on OFP.info. Awesome work on the island. The bulings are extremely nice and the textures fir the ground. Everything just looks natural. That's very difficult to archieve and really amazing work. I love the tents also. They are just so beautifull it almost brought tears to my eyes.

I see you have made the same choise as BAS by using low-poly builing with good textures to make them detailed. Good choise! I hope you will make a few building in the city enterable (spelling?) so you can walk inside of them or launch an assault against them. Some major buildings in the centre of the town, for example.

Quote[/b] ]Skeletons along the beach make me think Namibia (those look like whale bones, not elephant). Skeleton Coast and all.
Indeed reminds me of a program I saw on dicovery channel (exteme surfival) where they visited the skeleton coast. A very bizare sight to see the coastline lithered with erge bones and complete whale skeletons. Very nice to this on th island. It makes the coastline interesting which is quite difficult to do with a desert-area (mostly sand)

Hei

Those the CSLA II. MOD PATCH 2.02 included the CSLA RIP??

How can i check if its work? smile_o.gif I got some error when i start some XMS need INQ_WeaponPack, where can i found that pack?

And witch CSLA exe file should i use : clsa2_fpbeta_radeon.exe, clsa2_radeon.exe, csla2.exe and csla2_FPBETA.exe rock.gif

if u got ATI card u can use _radeon ( surely bette rperformance or something )

if nvidia csla.exe .

but u can surely use both rock.gif

Quote[/b] ]Skeletons along the beach make me think Namibia (those look like whale bones, not elephant). Skeleton Coast and all.
Indeed reminds me of a program I saw on dicovery channel (exteme surfival) where they visited the skeleton coast. A very bizare sight to see the coastline lithered with erge bones and complete whale skeletons. Very nice to this on th island. It makes the coastline interesting which is quite difficult to do with a desert-area (mostly sand)

Heh.. one of the maps we're making for the Bush Fires mod was going to be Namibia along the Skeleton Coast, with a shipwreck and some bones on the shore. Ah well, someone beat us to it. smile_o.gif

Hei

Those the CSLA II. MOD PATCH 2.02 included the CSLA RIP??

How can i check if its work? smile_o.gif I got some error when i start some XMS need INQ_WeaponPack, where can i found that pack?

And witch CSLA exe file should i use : clsa2_fpbeta_radeon.exe, clsa2_radeon.exe, csla2.exe and csla2_FPBETA.exe rock.gif

Confusing for me as well:

None of these files work for me ! (Radeon 9600 PRO user).

I have made following shortcut:

"F:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE" -nosplash -nomap -mod=@csla

Although OFP with the mod runs well with this shortcut beforehand I get a message: 'Addon 'wgl_veh' requires addons 'MTLB'

Why this reference to wgl mod ?

When pressed ok everything starts up to action menu.

What confuses me as well is: clsa2_fpbeta_radeon.exe, clsa2_radeon.exe

Why clsa2 should not be this csla2 ?

Things messed up a bit ?

I hope you will make a few building in the city enterable (spelling?) so you can walk inside of them or launch an assault against them. Some major buildings in the centre of the town, for example.

All "strategic" buildings are fully enterable.

I see you have made the same choise as BAS by using low-poly builing with good textures to make them detailed.

Well,it´s also about count of textures/object and not just about polycount ,if engine use Direct3D HW T&L

and not Glide wink_o.gif

And as said MAA,lot of buildings will be "enterable"...