Sign in to follow this  
MAA

Csla 2

Ho! And don't forget your fabulous MIG-15.

OK, but I'm still little bit scared of Mig15's cocpit, which is the only one missing detail...

I love planes as well!

And planes loves me :-D

Ho! And don't forget your fabulous MIG-15.

OK, but I'm still little bit scared of Mig15's cocpit, which is the only one missing detail...

I love planes as well!

And planes loves me :-D

Those pics of your work are simply superb realy cool stufff you guys are making  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

And jennik if you want some good MIG-15 cocpit pics i can send you just PM me wink_o.gif

Weee, real military tactics! Great guys, I am very much looking forward to the desert expansion! Those textures that Edge made are looking really, really, really great! The campaign was the only thing I didn't really like that much in the first version, too much of "me against the world" type of missions. I am looking forward to more realistic combat scenarios with Czech troops!

Also, one thing that I want to beg of you, Czech voices for the ingame soldiers! (E.g "Oh no, two is down", but in Czech language) This really is part of what made FDFMOD the huge hit it was for me, selectable Finnish voices.

@GoOB:

We have plans for czech/slovak voice pack in future, but we don't have time for this now. We are fully concentrate for addons and campaigns now. We are too small team and we have too many work sad_o.gif

One solution is looking for new peoples for helping us or for dubbing.

It's not all yet. MAA forgot to tell you that I'm working on a conversion of CSLA1 campaign to CSLA2 MOD ;)

I can say there are very nice battles with all that new metal of MOD in the "old" campaign  wink_o.gif

Some feedback:

Animations work now and are looking good!

Bugs

- When firing OT-62 cannon and PT-76 cannon (only ones tested) I hear no explosion when shell exploded (seems to be a conflict with FDF.)

- The Sa58 sounds are still pretty awful

Neither modern nor Soviet-era, something inbetween smile_o.gif

The desert campaing (or I should rather say "minicampaign") will be set into early 1990s. Czechoslovak expeditionary forces will fight fierce and cunning enemy (neither Americans nor Russians - and I dont want to say that A. and R. are not fierce and cunning, Czechoslovaks will simply fight somebody else!).

We decided to aim more on real military aspects (sacrificing several hours of cinematics wink_o.gif ) and include as much attack missions as possible, including paratroop recon assault and some naval action. However, island and campaign are in very early stage of development (=lots of arguing, little done smile_o.gif ).

Shit. Just reading that wet my pants. By the times its released. I'll need new pants wink_o.giftounge_o.gif

@Sgt. Milkman:

- We are still looking for new sounds for Sa-58....

- PT-76 and OT-62 have new defined weapons and ammo from base class. I will try fix this problem in next beta of RIP.

Small news:

1. Main part of Jezuros reworking of campaign "CSLA1:Operation Paranoid" is done. We will start testing and tweaking it in next days. So you will enjoy next campaign (21 missions) in our MOD soon smile_o.gif

2. Patch 2.02 (mainly campaign bug fixing) test is finishing. I hope that early next week can be released.

Just a suggestion from a person who has never heard a SA-58 fire:

Why not use an AKM firing sound? The guns are very alike in design.

I just downloaded the beta rip 3. None of the ripped armored vehicles HE or heat shots make sounds when they explode. THe guns make a sound when fired but the resulting explosion doesn't. I'm talking about firing at dirt or troops. If you shoot a vehicle you can still hear it explode, but thats the tank exploding not the round.

I'm torn. I got the rip becauseI wanted to use dynamic range sound with it, yet with the rip I can't have the sounds anyway. Why don't you guys get permision to use the dynamic range sounds in your addon? I love em I can't stand the BIS explosions any more they sound too wimpy.

By the way it seems to just be the Heat and HE rounds. The apfdslkd sabot explosions still make sounds.

Found another one. The Chain gun on the hind rotates when fired in CSLA2, but in the rip it doesn't.

When do you think the next beta rip will be? I can't wait all the helecopters kick ass, actually all the units do. I just need the full sounds and rotating gun to be %100 happy.

Oh also is there a way you could have the chopper dust effects for all the choppers ( west east and Chech ) in the rip to? Or is it not possible.

I hope you guys don't think I'm griping. I'm just trying to give constructive notes on stuff I've found.

@Sputnik Monroe:

I will fix rotating gun in next beta version of RIP.

I will look at dynamic range if I can find solution for missing sounds.

Found one more. When ever I place a Mtlb zu23-2 in the editor and then preview I get a error message saying, "No entry config.bin/cfgweapons.machinegun23." But If I hit preview again the mission starts and seems to work just fine.

Also the APFDS rounds on the cannons seem to do less damage to the tanks than the HEAT rounds do. Aren't the APFDS supposed to be SABOTs? I could be wrong on this one.

Any how Just pointing out as many bugs as I can find before the next Beta rip. I figure the the more bugs that get found now the sooner the V1.0 non beta rip can be released.

PS... I know I misspelled the AFDS round name I can never remember the full Acronym,

APDSFS in CSLA is acronym for Armor Piercing Discarding Sabot Fin Stabilized. This round has simple common name Sabot.

As we reworked data for main ammo in CSLA 2, APDSFS round is generally more capable than HEAT round (against heavily armored target). APDSFS round capabilitity is derived from round type mostly used for given gun, HEAT ammo capability is derived from round diameter. Both values are refering to armor penetration of "standart" ammo used for each gun. This is for CSLA2. I don't know about CSLA rip (in case of usage of standard BIS data, which are wrong, this is not CSLA bug).

Ok, I knew they were Sabots. It seems in the Rip the Heat rounds do more damage then the Sabots against tanks. At least when fired from the Static BS3.

BS-3 gun in CSLA 2 has about the same performance as D-10 100mm used by T-55. I am not sure about rip, if is it the same setting. MAA will answer. smile_o.gif

<span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>CSLA II. MOD > PATCH 2.02 RELEASED !</span></span>

MOD:

====

fixed - PT-76 > removed gray triangle in interior

fixed - Mi-24 > missing rear left gear in far LODs

added - single player mission s10_Malamut by Vojtoo

Campaign:

=========

fixed - many bug-fixes and improvements in ALL missions !

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>PATCH D O W N L O A D</span>

- primary site

- OFP.info mirrors - (preferred)

--- Select version from 2.00 to 2.02 - 13.3MB >>> or <<< version from 2.01 to 2.02 - 8.1MB

Big thanx to OFP.info for mirroring files!

edit: fixed links

great job! i've got to try the new version as soon as possible smile_o.gif

is it possible for the mod to update the m101? right now it just doesnt compare with all the other great models and textures.

btw: the t-72 B is lacking some textures in the gunner position. i currently use CSLA rip v2.01 and mod v2.02

Ouch, full of cold and my head refuses to work at all.

Thanks for the update guys.

Can I assume its ok to delete the update.202 folder once the .exe has been run?