Sign in to follow this  
tracy_t

Unified zombie pack release imminent

This mod is dead  sad_o.gif  sad_o.gif  sad_o.gif  sad_o.gif

dunno, at least im still playing with this...

of all the mods i think i used this one the most... biggrin_o.gif

I messaged zombie, he said he was done with the zombies, and that it was too much work, I dont know if he was really completely done but i will edit this with his exact words.

*edit

Quote (mrbean1112 @ Feb. 12 2005,17:09)

Quote (Zombie_Mod @ Feb. 12 2005,20:08)

Quote (mrbean1112 @ Feb. 12 2005,04:10)

Hey zombie, i loved your work with the zombie mod, and i am sad to see that you have discontinued it. But i have a small request. in the jurrasic park mod, we need a new way for dinos to attack. They currently use the ones similar to pctiger mod addon thing. I loved your gblalltargets = [player] + units g1 + etc. And i was wondering if you could help us out a little.

pm me back

Certainly can help. Let me know what you want scripted.

Alright, i will go talk to the jp guy, btw did you quit the zombie mod? i just assumed you did.

Yeah I quit the mod, it was taking up too much of my life, and I had to do something fresh

Btw, dont pay attention to the other stuff, this is just our messages, And zombie, plz dont get mad at me for posting this stuff, if you want me to remove it, just pm me.

lets be glad that what they have made would keep us busy for a long time still. It sure is revolutionary work and am left speechless by the clever use of scripts and addons to enhance the game play which inspired many other mods to go further than originally planned.

They deserve a well earned break and many of us will sure be looking forward to their return, which i am sure will amaze us even more with their work. Thanks and all the best, ZM...if u arent already talent scouted to the games industry! smile_o.gifsmile_o.gif

It is terribly sad that this great ( that word doesn't do it justice ) mod. But if it must be cut short, so be it.

Just in case it somehow revives:

There is one thing I noticed using the rc4 (the one posted here on p. 66 or w/e) , the people who get killed by the zombies, or friendly fire, do not come back as zombies.

I hate having to choose between the quick zombies and the ones that bring people back. sad_o.gif

Well said Phil. I do not know what to say either about this, but it is a well deserved break. I hope to see some things in the future from you again, it wouldn't be the same..

Hey, i changed the scripts a little to where the zombies will moan and groan, you will need the zombiesfx pack. I will email them to mig and he said he can set up a link for u guys. They are erally scary and cool

I may return to the zombie mod in the future but I need a break.

I think it was just a case of taking too much time on models, scripts and sounds.... being a perfectionist can be detrimental to your mental state!!! Not enough blood, a alpha-channeled pixel missing here, do 3 LODs... eech... you can see I just want to chill for a while.

In the meantime while the zombie mod is chilling out, why not get searching for some sweet graphics and sound FX? Don't wait for me!!! biggrin_o.gif

Also, and I kid you not, looking at all those graveyards and cadavers for "texture" ideas was really affecting me.

Now, I'm 32 years old and would not usually mention this, but guys, when you get into the right "train of thought" (as programmers do) and all you think about for 4-5 hours straight is death (even if it is just zombies) you're gonna get depressed, right?

I was being dragged down, googling for the "right" grave and going to Ogrish.com for a new texture, so I think having a rest is a good idea crazy_o.gif

PS: mrBean, remember the Say command does not work in MP, it is local to the computer it is executed on.

PPS: I already work as a software engineer, I created these zombies for the love of the genre smile_o.gif

don't say "might"! you should promise us you'll come back. wink_o.gif

I'd probably get depressed looking at that junk too... so you should take a break, but don't totally abandon us.

-----

On another note, I (think I) found the error with people not respawning:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> class ResurrectDead: Logic

{

displayName = "Zombie Mod - Resurrect dead targets";

icon = "\zombiescripts\gamelogic.paa";

class eventhandlers

{

init = [_this select 0] exec {\zombiescripts\\gamelogics\resurrecttargets.sqs}

};

};

one too many slashes?

I may return to the zombie mod in the future but I need a break.

;P What about zombies for OFP2 hjehe. I hope editing the AI will be much easier then. smile_o.gif

Removing the extra slash there did fix one error, but people still aren't respawning after being killed. sad_o.gif

Hmmm...so if UZM is now freezed maybe I should release my finished addons for OFP community? They can be useful for missionmakers. What do you think? Pics below...

grave4-new.th.jpg new-candle.th.jpg  new-coffin.th.jpg  new-coffin2.th.jpg notld-tv.th.jpg 5tcontcrash24pn.th.jpg

@Zombie_Mod: Should we announce end of our mod? Or maybe your'e planning to make a reunion in future?

i'd love to see those addons Grabarz

maybe say the mod is on ice, sounds better then it is the end of the mod

If you guys are ending the mod, it would be good to release your finshed addons.

MOD isn't ending, we're working on the Mod is just we are resting a while before restart with zombies related issues wink_o.gif

The zombies without walking like dead zombie doesn`t look right. Again i wish i could have the walking animation and not the running zombies.

Slow walking zombie are too easy to kill smile_o.gif They can be eliminated from long distance, so it's a bad solution for OFP, because in game you have big islands, big area...no, running zombies are better smile_o.gif

MiG, I think that I'm resting too long  rock.gif But I'm glad that you want to continue our mod smile_o.gif

Our mod is running quite well except if we talk about new releases, but i'm working on it, so in the next weeks we should have some. During the weekend we can chat in the Messenger to discuss it wink_o.gif