Sign in to follow this  
tracy_t

Unified zombie pack release imminent

Some custome textures would make this a real winner, the wounded civilians just don't give you that zombie horror feel. Needs some paleish skintones with notable decay details and ragged clothing. IMO it would add a whole lot to the atmosphere.

We are working on that smile_o.gif Next zombie generation models will be made from scratch, with more realistic features and better textures.

gblalltargets = [player] + [any other soldiers you want to get eaten by zombies.] ok I get the first part, player they are attacking me now, but how can I let them eat: any other soldiers you want to get eaten by zombies, what commands do I need to put in to let them eat my teammate or anybody else on the whole map

ok, you need to name the soldiers. for example. place 2 western soldiers on the map. you and another.

double clikc on the soldier, on the right, it says name. name him *A* {Without those things}

i would also recommend putting in his initialization field, this setunitpos "up" but you dont have to.

ok step two

create a gamelogic of the zombie difficulties.

step three

in the initialization, say gblalltargets = [A] (And if you want) + [player]

now create your zombies, and they will attack the man named A. you will need to do this for each individual man, but on the plus side, zombies can attack anyone from resistance, to civillians, to russians! if u need any other help, i will be standing by.

I think you can also add whole groups by:

1)make your group

2)in the group leader's init type groupname = group this

3)add to the game logic the groupname after the other units to be attacked.

of course you can replace "groupname" with whatever you want.

I think that should work right?

Some custome textures would make this a real winner, the wounded civilians just don't give you that zombie horror feel. Needs some paleish skintones with notable decay details and ragged clothing. IMO it would add a whole lot to the atmosphere.

re_screen003.jpg

re_screen002.jpg

re_screen001.jpg

tounge_o.gif

These zombies suck they only attack one individual , at the time, why not attack everybody who's in there way, like real zombies do tounge_o.gif

These zombies suck they only attack one individual , at the time, why not attack everybody who's in there way, like real zombies do tounge_o.gif

If you can supply the creator of the zombie mod with a script that does, which hardly can be done with OFP be my guest. rock.gif

Try to show more respect for other people work wink_o.gif

First of all, I never showed my appreciation for this great mod.  It's a very good diversion and also fantastic for spicing up a normal mission (my brother hates it when he shoots someone and they keep trying to eat his brains on the battlefield tounge_o.gif )

Can you have a Zombie target acquisition script that does this?:

Get array of MP Players

Get array of Zombies

Across a span of time (for lag reasons or course), compare the zombies Getpos to the players Getpos and choose the closest player as target for each zombie.  Let it compare 1 zombie every .5 sec or so, to let them engage a closer target if it presents itself.  Also, have a trigger or flag to set when spawning so the script can refresh and add the newly spawned freakshows, while not wasting time making it scan for them..

With this method of targeting, you don't have to run faster than a zombie, you just have to run faster than your human buddy   biggrin_o.gif

Seems logical, but I admit I don't know what is necessary/possible in MP coding.

Keep up the good work!

hey all, sometime soon you may be able to play with zombies with moans and groans, i have them done, but the person i sent them too just has to do a few more things, then they can be released. btw MIG, how is it going?

that sounds cool! Yeah how does the progress go MIG? unclesam.gif i would like to make a coop mission with a zombie theme some day to scare my friends really good tounge_o.gif

a dark autumn night, you can hear the wind outside .. and then they walk in the town and they hear the moans and screams and some chainsaw sounds and then behind the corner zombies and Jason with chainsaw pops up and starts chasing them biggrin_o.gif

Hello smile_o.gif

The zombies in the zombie mod CAN attack everyone in their way, you need to take a look at the programming docs to see how this is done.

If you change the gblZombiePause delay on the server, you can specify how responsive zombies are to their targets. Set the value too low and your mission will run very slowly sad_o.gif

Finally, I don't personally mind people saying my work "sucks" but other team members have, and still are, putting a lot of effort into this project, you should show them the respect that is due. If you can develop a better mod within the limitations of the Flashpoint engine, I'd love to see it.

PS:

"Like real zombies do" ? Are there such a thing? tounge_o.gif

First of all, I never showed my appreciation for this great mod. It's a very good diversion and also fantastic for spicing up a normal mission (my brother hates it when he shoots someone and they keep trying to eat his brains on the battlefield tounge_o.gif )

Can you have a Zombie target acquisition script that does this?:

Get array of MP Players

Get array of Zombies

Across a span of time (for lag reasons or course), compare the zombies Getpos to the players Getpos and choose the closest player as target for each zombie. Let it compare 1 zombie every .5 sec or so, to let them engage a closer target if it presents itself. Also, have a trigger or flag to set when spawning so the script can refresh and add the newly spawned freakshows, while not wasting time making it scan for them..

With this method of targeting, you don't have to run faster than a zombie, you just have to run faster than your human buddy biggrin_o.gif

Seems logical, but I admit I don't know what is necessary/possible in MP coding.

Keep up the good work!

gblZombieList is an array of active zombies.

As for active players, that is easy enough to create tounge_o.gif

Please put such questions in the zombie mod scripting thread in mission editing & scripting.

hey all, sometime soon you may be able to play with zombies with moans and groans, i have them done, but the person i sent them too just has to do a few more things, then they can be released. btw MIG, how is it going?

Hope you are not in a rush m8, you'll have to wait a bit but i'll do what you want tounge_o.gif

hey all, im pretty new to the whole zombie pack use, im completly blank how i cant get the recently dead to attack the living, i.e. zombie eats human = human comes back to life as a zombie. checked the avaible code over and over again just cant get it to work. crazy_o.gif

mind if someone makes a sample mission that uses the reanimation script?

much appreciated if someone could help me.  biggrin_o.gif

i do apoligise if this has been asked before tounge_o.gif

Sig. smile_o.gif

hey all, im pretty new to the whole zombie pack use, im completly blank how i cant get the recently dead to attack the living, i.e. zombie eats human = human comes back to life as a zombie. checked the avaible code over and over again just cant get it to work. crazy_o.gif

mind if someone makes a sample mission that uses the reanimation script?

much appreciated if someone could help me.  biggrin_o.gif

i do apoligise if this has been asked before tounge_o.gif

Sig. smile_o.gif

ofpforum is right! All you have to do is place a Hard Game Logic and define the zombie targets (gblalltargets)

here is a list of what i think the next mod should have.

1. 2 types of a weird zombie lumbering animations (1 running and the other walking).

2. zombies with ripped clothes.

3. a zombie with 1 leg missing, 1 arm missing and an eye missing.

4. zombie with half eaten head with brains sticking out.

5. make em very fast at running (about 2x better).

that would be exellent if the next mod had 1 of any of these!!! even better if more of this list was in the next mod!!!

i think this mod is dead, i pmed zombie_mod a while ago to confirm permission about my moaning zombies releasing to the public, but he never responded. sad_o.gif

i think this mod is dead, i pmed zombie_mod a while ago to confirm permission about my moaning zombies releasing to the public, but he never responded.  sad_o.gif

heh, thanks to this mod im still playing OFP... biggrin_o.gif