Sign in to follow this  
tracy_t

Unified zombie pack release imminent

Slow walking zombie are too easy to kill smile_o.gif They can be eliminated from long distance, so it's a bad solution for OFP, because in game you have big islands, big area...no, running zombies are better smile_o.gif

I disagree. Hordes of zombies lumbering towards you sets the right atmosphere for recreateing the George Romero zombie classics. The fast moving zombies of the dawn of the dead remake don't hold a candle to the slowly moving zombies of night of the living dead.

photo02-film.jpg

You're absolutley right I also like slow moving zombies, but Flashpoint has a too big islands for them. For example: you're in Saint Pierre, zombies are in Levie; you can shoot them from long distance, so there's no climax. Running zombies can catch you, slow walking - can't sad_o.gif

well in my opinion it would be ok if we could have the possibility to have an option to choose between fast and slow zombie in the game with something like a trigger or anything so we can choose.

For the slow moving zombie you d'ont always need all the big map. You can choose just a certain little village for your mission. And put yourself alone with 100 zombies in a little area, they will get you. ;)

and again, imo for the running zombies we can't really have animation but for slow zombies i think we need it. because if they walk like normal humans they just look like normal civilian with blood or their face. Dawn 2004 and 28 days just doesn`t look like romeo dawn (1978) and notld.

You're absolutley right I also like slow moving zombies, but Flashpoint has a too big islands for them. For example: you're in Saint Pierre, zombies are in Levie; you can shoot them from long distance, so there's no climax. Running zombies can catch you, slow walking - can't  sad_o.gif

Not really. Zombies En'Masse will provide a formidable enemy.

Say if you are in St Peirre, and the Zombies are coming from Levie. If there are say, 50 of them and they take around 5 shots to down. That would then mean that you would have to be carrying 250 rounds on estimate to get them all, plus the fact if it is at long range then you will miss a couple of times, plus the time taken to reload. Bearing in mind they don't respond to get shot at, or being winged by a bullet, and they are continually advancing and you have no where to go.

Not only will you be shitting yourself, you are quickly running out of ammunition. My point being that if there are enough of them, then they would be a bloody horrible enemy to fight and if they kept on coming, you would be swamped in no time. Especially if you are on your own...

I know, I need to get out more...

You're absolutley right I also like slow moving zombies, but Flashpoint has a too big islands for them. For example: you're in Saint Pierre, zombies are in Levie; you can shoot them from long distance, so there's no climax. Running zombies can catch you, slow walking - can't  sad_o.gif

Say if you are in St Peirre, and the Zombies are coming from Levie. If there are say, 50 of them and they take around 5 shots to down. That would then mean that you would have to be carrying 250 rounds on estimate to get them all, plus the fact if it is at long range then you will miss a couple of times, plus the time taken to reload. Bearing in mind they don't respond to get shot at, or being winged by a bullet, and they are continually advancing and you have no where to go.

Not only will you be shitting yourself, you are quickly running out of ammunition. My point being that if there are enough of them, then they would be a bloody horrible enemy to fight and if they kept on coming, you would be swamped in no time. Especially if you are on your own...

You just said it better than I could ever have.

You can run faster, but there's nowhere to run....

I agree numbers are scarier than speed. Sure they're easier to kill, but they keep comming and they keep comming and they keep comming... While you slowly burn up all your ammo and each time you reload, they come nearer and nearer...

I'd love to see only two ways to kill zombiers. Blow them into thousands of pieces with explosives or a direct headshot.

I remember with joy, how my brother used to terrorize me back in my childhood home. He'd get get an empty numb look in his eyes and say like a robot. Bzzzzz.... Bzzzz.... and walk slowly in a stiff way. He would let me run away from him, but he'd keep following me slowly. It didn't matter if I had the kitchen table between us, he just keep walking. Bzzzz... Bzzzz....

More scary than having fistfights ghostface.gif

I agree, slow walking zombies are better and more realistic, but there is a little problem - who can re-write zombie scripts to slow them down? Zombie_Mod is resting, so who...?

I remember with joy, how my brother used to terrorize me back in my childhood home. He'd get get an empty numb look in his eyes and say like a robot. Bzzzzz.... Bzzzz.... and walk slowly in a stiff way. He would let me run away from him, but he'd keep following me slowly. It didn't matter if I had the kitchen table between us, he just keep walking. Bzzzz... Bzzzz....

More scary than having fistfights ghostface.gif

This brings back memories. My little brother still hates me for doing that to him. biggrin_o.gif

IMP that senario only works if you stand there and dont move at all. In order to make it viable you would need a LOT of zombies... and OFP runs sluggish with too many and the zombie performance sucks as well.

Figure if we use your senario... You sit there takeing out as many as you can, fall back, take out more till your out of ammo, and then what? Run circles around these zombies that cant move fast enough to get you? I mean when your out of ammo you can just keep running and stay ahead of them... hell you can do that now sorta as it is. You cant say theres no where to go... OFP is wide open so there is always some where to go unless there are stupid arttificial barriers blocking you.

Unless you are totally surrounded and have NO WAY to get out of where you are (a base for example that is totally surrounded by zombies) this wouldnt work. And then what... when you drop them all till your out of ammo, whats your mission? Run circles till your finally caught and killed?? What fun is that. Its more fun when you have to watch zombies dont run up on your back and such. I mean if they are slow its too easy to keep track of their possition as well.

Sure slow moveing zombies might causes a better atmosphere but too me... more dangerous zombies make a better atmosphere.... I mena if you want an atmosphere like the old movies, OFP is not the game you want to be playing a zombie mod for IMO. Thats just my thought on this issue smile_o.gif

hello guys, i have made a new Zombie mission ! The story plays in the time of WWII. The mission is long (1 hour gameplay), with many scripting and heavy atmosphere and is really scary. I am sure you will love it. You can get more info and my mission here:

http://dynamic6.gamespy.com/~ww2ec/comment.php?107

Enjoy and good luck, it isnt easy. wink_o.gif

Sengir Vampire (WWIIEC)

I think its not necessary to start a war on fast and slow moving zombies because right now the mod is dead. But in the future if the mod continue we need both fast and slow zombies because we all have our own way to do our own mission so...

Can't you make the zombies walk by using a comand like SetSpeed Limitted?

I think there is a command to set the speed but it never worked for me. Not even the waypoint.

No, the scripts tell them to play the move civilrunf. oh btw, i sent mig my new zombies. there areent to many changes, the zombies will moan though. pretty cool and mych scarier.

yeah, and they are quite cool, but if you want to release them i think that Zombie mod wont mind if you rename your addon so it wont cause any collision with ours.

WOW! you think theyre cool, thanks, ok so your saying i should rename them? u think u could do that for me realy quick? if it is to much trouble i gues i can go get it from my other computer and send it again.......... blues.gif

but you can rename it to whatever you want, just as long as you have a readme. I can think of a name if u want, use like, Beanszombssounds.pbo Or something, i dunno. if i rename it, will i have to change the config files? that would suck! lol. i can make a readme and send it to u if u want. (I probably should) unclesam.gif

I say leave the new models for a later zombie mod.

I honestly don't care much about the graphical side of this mod much, using the models from the game works fine. I do care a lot about the scriptual part of it, and how the zombies behave. All that needs to be done now is to make the zombies attack fast, effectively resurrect those dead people, and supply different game modes.

Plus, I've never seen anybody get depressed writing script. tounge_o.gifwink_o.gif

Damn I can't get these to work.

Am I missing something?

Open editor

place player

place game logic\objects\zombie mod difficulty level

place zombies

party?!?

I do this and they just stand there and do nothing, I can just walk up to them and they wont even stare at me sad_o.gif plz help.

ok profe, i am gonna tell ou what to do.

make a game logic.

put in it gblalltargets = [player] + [any other soldiers you want to get eaten by zombies.]

make another game logic with the difficulty (look in zombie difficulty levels).

put zombies in.

have fun

Some custome textures would make this a real winner, the wounded civilians just don't give you that zombie horror feel. Needs some paleish skintones with notable decay details and ragged clothing. IMO it would add a whole lot to the atmosphere.