Sign in to follow this  
tracy_t

Unified zombie pack release imminent

hi smile_o.gif,

i noticed that there was an anim pack with the zombies, i also noticed that you dident have some of the walking scripts enabled on the zombies,

so i made a cpp file for them and pbo'd it, the anims work well with every unit in ofp apart from the zombies

wow_o.gif

is this a bug or is that what you wanted it to be like so yo ucan put them in later? ghostface.gif

mhm, just tested how many zombies i could use right now with the game still playable...

zombie3.th.jpg

zombie4.th.jpg

18 groups × 12 = 216 zombies, FPS between 6 and 15 on this crappy computer! biggrin_o.gif

(hisky and dxdll on (glare and that other thing turned off bcuz i dont like it...  wink_o.gif )

(framerate at 20.xx and the slider below it at 10.20)

hi smile_o.gif,

i noticed that there was an anim pack with the zombies, i also noticed that you dident have some of the walking scripts enabled on the zombies,

so i made a cpp file for them and pbo'd it, the anims work well with every unit in ofp apart from the zombies

wow_o.gif

is this a bug or is that what you wanted it to be like so yo ucan put them in later?  ghostface.gif

It's not a bug... not using animations hardly counts as a bug does it biggrin_o.gif

I don't want to use those animations, I don't think they're of a good enough quality. No offence to hunt666 etc, but they are not what I'm after. And no, I can't do any better.

Here is a idea

How bout when you get eaten by a zombie and the human ressurection thing is on you can come back as a zombie yourself and eat your former commrades unless of course they kill you then the game would be over.

stkld:

it's impossible to change a player's unit type during a game, otherwise I would make the player a zombie. It would be hilarious to attack your former team mates!

What I do want to do is let the player play AS a zombie from the start, and every living human will be revealed on the map with "LUNCH HERE" markers biggrin_o.gif - they won't be able to hide. Of course you won't be able to carry any weapons, but the fact you can't be killed without a headshot, and you have amazing senses will even that up.

What I do want to do is let the player play AS a zombie from the start, and every living human will be revealed on the map with "LUNCH HERE" markers biggrin_o.gif - they won't be able to hide. Of course you won't be able to carry any weapons, but the fact you can't be killed without a headshot, and you have amazing senses will even that up.

biggrin_o.gif

Cool Idea .

Keep it up, i really like your zombies. Never thouht anybody ever gona make such things for OFP.

Sounds maybe stupid but an idea would be to make an NVGoggle which got no visible model and is only used by zombies, just pretend they can smell you in the dark. tounge_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

biggrin_o.gif

Cool Idea .

Keep it up, i really like your zombies. Never thouht anybody ever gona make such things for OFP.

Sounds maybe stupid but an idea  would be to make an NVGoggle which got no visible model and is only used by zombies, just pretend they can smell you in the dark. tounge_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

Ha, you never thought zombies would be in OFP? Well you'll be even happier to learn there's all new models coming atcha for the next zombie mod!!!

Yup, it's all go here, I'm rewriting zombie mod scripts to improve performance and creating the burning bus... I wish some more zombie missions would come out though!

WAIT!

instead of having the bus flaming / smoking, just make some game logics that activate a smoke script! so you can setpos them for use in buildings too!

no dammage aswell, since we can easely script that ourselves, and standing ontop of a 8 story building would not hurt you from a fire on the second floor wink_o.gif

Hey, these zombies are real fast! Almost like zombie rabbits ghostface.gif

Damn right they are Mig. And they absolutely DESTROY the opposition. If you use the HARD difficulty level there's no way you can win against these zombies if you stand still; the AI troops get dismembered pretty quickly.

Hey guys!!

Thought id drop in and see how this MOD and OFP is looking, thoughs of u who thought i dissapeard im still here! sadly OFP has long gone from my hard drive but i still hang around the forums.(might reinstall it soon)

Any way im amazed to see how far this had come since the early days of my (extreamly dodgy and crap) scripted zombies in the skye virus mission. You guys are gr8! gd job on MOD biggrin_o.gifghostface.gif

Hey guys!!

Thought id drop in and see how this MOD and OFP is looking, thoughs of u who thought i dissapeard im still here! sadly OFP has long gone from my hard drive but i still hang around the forums.(might reinstall it soon)

Any way im amazed to see how far this had come since the early days of my (extreamly dodgy and crap) scripted zombies in the skye virus mission. You guys are gr8! gd job on MOD  biggrin_o.gif  ghostface.gif

Thanks very much Murphy!

Without you, I may never have bothered making the zombie addon for Operation flashpoint, so I suppose you are the daddy of ofp zombies!! biggrin_o.gif

Take a bow to your fans!!

NEWSFLASH!!!!

Mig has released the NBC soldiers for operation farmland. You can download them here:

http://www.unifiedzombiemod.wz.cz/fml_nbcunits10.rar

hehehe! zombie feed!!!

(Thought to self...)

I really need to start creating some new civilian zombie models, the current ones are really starting to annoy me now.. wearing 1940's gear... yeech

REQUEST TO THE COMMUNITY

I am very busy enhancing the zombie mod scripts (yes, to include some of your requests) so I ask a favour of the programming-minded amongst you.

Can you go here:

http://s6.invisionfree.com/Project_Farmland/index.php?showtopic=26

and evaluate maccollo's zombie animations (you will need OFPAnim to view them). Please provide any feedback either here, or on the farmland board.

If anyone could do this, it would be a great help to the mod.

Thanks.

HEY GUYS! sorry ive been gone for so long... i lost internet sad_o.gif

But im back and faster than ever. about that bug i mentioned i think it was the addon. soon as i deleted it zombies worked fine rock.gif btw great work on the mod! give me feedback on the addons i requested i cant wait for them! the fortified bus and propain explosion blues.gif TTYL

KYLE

Hey Zombie mod i love those anims, i would really like if you could implement a few of them into the mod, it would be great to replace some of the origianl ones such as walking, running grabbing hitting etc

Hey Zombie mod i love those anims, i would really like if you could implement a few of them into the mod, it would be great to replace some of the origianl ones such as walking, running grabbing hitting etc

I will implement the anims as soon as I get enough feedback. I would like someone to create a config.cpp and try them "in-game" as I am really busy at the moment.

Only by viewing them in game can you tell if the attacks look "natural" (ie: the zombie doesn't look like a drunken robot) and that's what I need someone to do.

Viewing them in ofpAnim is not the same...

Try ingame zombies test anims

here

Right, I'll take a look wink_o.gif

Here's a message of support from one of the zombie mod fans:

Quote[/b] ]

Hello,

I finally had the chance to play around with the zombie mod you have created. I must say, this is an incredible mod! I took your recommendation for Skye island, added a few British troops and I am in the stages of making a mission based off of the movie 28 Days Later. I noticed in your news that now the zombies are stronger, run faster, and the more disembowled versions would be perfect for it. Quite frankly, I was always into zombie movies, especially the classics. Once Resident Evil came out, it was give or take on that. I liked some of the storyline behind it, but the genetically engineered monsters were taken a bit too far. I did like the first two games though, zombie terror. Once 28 Days Later came out, it was basically like a recreation of the older zombie movies. An uncontained virus, no genetically engineered mutants, plenty of scenes of just terror. It seemed more realistic and I am very thankful that Zombie mod actually encorporates those ideals in it. I hope some of that atleast made sense, in other words just a very big thank you. Great F.A.Q by the way

Makes it all worthwhile, doesn't it? To all the fans, we in the zombie mod team salute you!!!!

hmmm now I know smile_o.gif I can try to read the resident evil remake game disc on the computer and take the animations from there tounge_o.gif can I read a GC disc a the computer?

(kidding enyway, the anims are shurly not rpd enyway)

lol

I just realized somethin, i havent beat the operation flashpoint campaign. i have had the game for i think 5 years and all i play is the editor. That has got to be amazing. WOW.

oh btw i am working on a zombie campaign off and on, but dont expect it anytime soon.

i will post the story here sometime soon. right now i only have 2 levels pretty much done

Dear all,

I am working on script update release candidate 4 which will incorporate some of your suggestions!!! Yay!

And, the code is IMHO even faster and smoother than before!

Keep the faith troops!

PS: Check out this page, for an up and coming zombie mission! (EDIT: Mig says the mission is incredible below, but the DL link doesn't work. He got a version from OFPEC before the link was busted, lol)

http://s6.invisionfree.com/Project_Farmland/index.php?showtopic=48

Dear all,

I am working on script update release candidate 4 which will incorporate some of your suggestions!!! Yay!

And, the code is IMHO even faster and smoother than before!

Keep the faith troops!

PS: Check out this page, for an up and coming zombie mission!

http://s6.invisionfree.com/Project_Farmland/index.php?showtopic=48

That mission is just incredible smile_o.gif