Sign in to follow this  
tracy_t

Unified zombie pack release imminent

Nearly finished script update 2... !!

What's in update 2, you ask? Well, check mission editing & scripting for details!!!

It will be ready to deploy tomorrow, I would say. Munk, you ready to host the update, old chap? I can upload it to unifiedzombiemod.wz.cz and have someone with ADSL get it from there, if you like?

PS:

Has anyone heard from Grabarz recently?

Has anyone heard from Grabarz recently?

You mean Grabarz^^, old chap biggrin_o.gif

Munk, you ready to host the update, old chap?

How bigs the fucker?

I live, I live biggrin_o.gif Maybe tomorrow I will have very good textures for my hearse, and a lot of graves textures (textures will be taken from photographs that I will make) so my work will move on. But what after hearse and graves? Give me some nice ideas guys smile_o.gif

I live, I live biggrin_o.gif Maybe tomorrow I will have very good textures for my hearse, and a lot of graves textures (textures will be taken from photographs that I will make) so my work will move on. But what after hearse and graves? Give me some nice ideas guys smile_o.gif

Nice ideas?

Do as many different zombie templates as you can. Lets face it, the zombie mod is all about zombies and using civilian models that wear 1940 clothes, as I do now, is a bit... crap.

What zombies would I like?

Fat zombies (beware, these guys might need their own custom animations), thin zombies, zombies with long sleeved shirts, zombies with t-shirts, even bare-chested male zombies, who I can alter to have their guts hang out, etc.

If you provide the templates, I can do the textures and make them look the part.

I have asked Mig to do a zombie with a t-shirt (no jacket) as, let's be frank, he is a far better modeller than I am.

If you can help, I think that would advance the zombie mod further than any other zombie addon for any game out there.

We're the only squad based zombie mod so far... biggrin_o.gif

Munk, you ready to host the update, old chap?

How bigs the fucker?

How much hard disk space u got for the "fucker"? biggrin_o.gif

The script update will be tiny, but I am updating the main zombie mod again to incorporate the resistance side zombies...

Oh man, I just played a really great zombie mission there... holy shit, it was AMAZING!!!

I can't say too much about it, it's still a WIP - not one of my missions either, I won't mention the authors name to prevent bothersome PMs - but lets just say it shows off the zombie mod, script update AND sound FX pack!

This is what all our work has gone towards guys, this mission absolutely rocks!

Think overwhelming odds against an army outpost;

Think of your comrades getting bit and coming back as zombies;

Think of watching the zombies taking you and your team down one by one;

Think of hapless civilians screaming as they wait for the inevitable end!!

Think of chopper evac!!

Fantastic!

i didnt make it but i am making a campaign that will scare the *EXPLETIVE DELETED* out of you ghostface.gif

i didnt make it but i am making a campaign that will scare the *EXPLETIVE DELETED* out of you ghostface.gif

Nice, my mission weren't scary for me, becuase I made them hehe. I hope I will get the same feeling like others playing my maps for the first time cool.gif

excited.gif Can't wait to try the campaign.

They were scary to me, but i know how you feel. You never get to fully enjoy the missions you make yourself since you know where everything is.

nothing in games or videos scares me enymore sad_o.gif but the missions were fun smile_o.gif to make me scared something has to come like a supprice attack, like a zombies jumping out of the window which maybe is imposible in OFP. unless a very good animator makes something really good

nothing in games or videos scares  me enymore sad_o.gif but the missions were fun smile_o.gif to make me scared something has to come like a supprice attack, like a zombies jumping out of the window which maybe is imposible in OFP. unless a very good animator makes something really good

Nothing is impossible in OFP!

You can make zombies jump through windows - just use ofpanim to make a jumping animation. Once you do that, give me a shout and I'll tell you how to put it into a pbo.

nothing in games or videos scares  me enymore sad_o.gif but the missions were fun smile_o.gif to make me scared something has to come like a supprice attack, like a zombies jumping out of the window which maybe is imposible in OFP. unless a very good animator makes something really good

Nothing is impossible in OFP!

You can make zombies jump through windows - just use ofpanim to make a jumping animation. Once you do that, give me a shout and I'll tell you how to put it into a pbo.

probably easier with setvelocity....? tounge_o.gif

If you can make the zombie point out the window, which I bet you can't, then yeah setvelocity is cool smile_o.gif

can some1 help me with ofpanim sad_o.gif somehow I can't install it sad_o.gif it says:

couldn't install, file blablabla wasn't found sad_o.gif

check

If you can make the zombie point out the window, which I bet you can't, then yeah setvelocity is cool smile_o.gif

don't say enything yet. I'm working on it and is almost done.

the model is broking the window and falls thrue it when it's on the ground it will rise to it's feet. what do ya think?

edit*

emm it's my first animation ever

So, what are you going to do with the anim now?

Are you going to create a pbo?

And does the animation only work with one type of window, or all? (ie: is the animation for a certain house)

OK, let me ask you all this:

WHAT FEATURES do you next want in the zombie mod - script wise?

THINK about it - and no, the Nemesis isn't a script feature!!

Me, I personally want:

a) Zombies that only die with a headshot;

b) Zombies that go on fire, and will set player on fire if they get too close;

c) Zombies that work as a team to overturn buses etc.

Anything else, that is FEASIBLE and would fit in with the Romero dead universe?

Me, I personally want:

a) Zombies that only die with a headshot;

b) Zombies that go on fire, and will set player on fire if they get too close;

c) Zombies that work as a team to overturn buses etc.

Anything else, that is FEASIBLE and would fit in with the Romero dead universe?

say, if you can activate physics (falling) after an animation:

d) zombies crawling over walls anim

e) zombies crawling trough window anim (imagine one crawling out of an appartment floor, and jump down biggrin_o.gif )

f) zombies having some random looping events, like one banging his head against something in front of them (glass, and you stnading behind it)

g) light cones! small bundles of light! not one lamp brightening the entire island!

h) vertical blood splats , for setpossing in altitude and "stick" to walls in the editor...

I) fallen down corpse anim , amins wich show people in "dead" positions (leaning against wall with neck on their shoulder, etc)

btw... zombie killed by headshot... ain't that like in redident evil? wink_o.gif .

I think you'll find resident evil copied a lot of George Romero's ideas. But did so, badly.

If I was to avoid everything that Resident evil had copied, we would be left with the unified Goldfish simulator mod!! ;)

d) Zombies can't climb (or at least they can't according to the zombie survival guide) - however, if you want zombies to climb on piles of dead bodies... yeah I could maybe do that.

e) Noted.

f) You can do that already, you don't need the mod. That's an animation request, not a scripting request. By using playmove "standstrokefist" you could have zombies bang against a window all night if you liked.

g) What part of "features do you want-script wise" did you not get? That's addon related. biggrin_o.gif

h) AIEEEE!!! See (g)

i) AIEEEE!!! again! See (g) - sticky blood? If you could calculate the height and width of houses, as well as wall positions, then yeah, I suppose that addon is feasible, but AFAIK, you can't.

Zombies have been getting shot in the head a lot longer then RE has been around.

Head shots is the number one thing I am looking for.

Also I wish there was a way of keeping them from walking/attacking through walls. But I think that is a general OFP issue.

I think the scripting so far is great. I dont think there is much more that needs to be down to make it complete. This mod has been a ton of fun for me and my friends the last few weekends.