Sign in to follow this  
tracy_t

Unified zombie pack release imminent

I must talk in polish now: pops, mozesz byc na tyle mily i linki te albo wysylac MiG-owi na PM albo umieszczac w odpowiednim temacie? Bo sie zaczyna burdel robic, i to my za to oberwiemy mad_o.gif Sorry all - he wrote post in wrong thread.

Quote[/b] ]All we need now is a large church - remember the Bruce Willis film, "sixth sense", anyone?

Already working in that church for FML_isleobjects pack, Zombie_Mod biggrin_o.gif Remember that if we have priests then we must have a church. I'm making the church romanic style (XII century) In the weekend i'll post here some screenshots of it.

Logo looks great! This mod is getting better and better each time I come back. Ah, I cannot wait for the weekend to see the church biggrin_o.gif

well, if anybody wants to play MP (with the zombies... duh wink_o.gif ), PM me and we could meet some time  smile_o.gif

I am updating the zombie mod scripts at the moment. OK I know I said I was done, but I can see room for improvement, alright? I don't want to ruin anyone's zombie experience smile_o.gif

New scripts should hopefully be available for you to download *tonight* - yeah baby yeah! smile_o.gif

PS:

I tried my hand at OFPAnim and I was woefully PISH!

If anyone wants a zombie strike anim they can improve, click here

I am updating the zombie mod scripts at the moment. OK I know I said I was done, but I can see room for improvement, alright? I don't want to ruin anyone's zombie experience smile_o.gif

New scripts should hopefully be available for you to download *tonight* - yeah baby yeah! smile_o.gif

PS:

I tried my hand at OFPAnim and I was woefully PISH!

If anyone wants a zombie strike anim they can improve, click here

hurray! biggrin_o.gif

and that anim lookds pretty good, why not including it...? rock.gif

I was silent last days, but now I'm back in glory wink_o.gif Below I'm posting three screenshots of my work. Three graves, only one with textures (beta version, textures are ugly in some places). What all of you think about that?

1) Old grave

grave3.th.jpg

2) Modern family grave (black&blue marble, try to guess who is buried here wink_o.gif )

grave4.th.jpg

3) Another old grave

grave5.th.jpg

I need some good textures for these graves, so if anybody have something good - please, PM me smile_o.gif

ADDED: Textures on family grave were to ugly for me wink_o.gif Screenshot of new version - below.

grave4-new.th.jpg

I'd say we need some broken graves that have fell down. Just a case of rotating an existing model really. How many graveyards do you see where old graves haven't fell?

That would be absolutely great...

Something else I would like: Maybe someone (HINT, MIG! lol) could make an island with a MASSIVE graveyard, the zombie missions would be fantastic!!

Yep, I want to make broken graves too, I have good models for I but I need some good textures of old grave. Without it I can't work properly wink_o.gif

Weapon Pack anyone? biggrin_o.gif

Im working on a weapons pack that will work good with this zombie addon mod. All the weapons will be Semi Auto only sense us civies sense arent as important as our goverment. Any way its nothing really new. None are my actual models but i have edited them some and re scripted them(I GIVE FULL CREDIT TO ORIGINAL MODDERS!!) This is just something i want to throw together for us zombie lovers out there to fight with. Im having a little trouble getting all the textures sense I pretty much did miss match of certain weapons. So if anyone can help me with this it would be appreciated.

Basically there will be one average gun and then one tactical gun, in each class of gun. (example) Hunting shotgun and then Combat Shotgun.

Heres what the pack will include:

Pistol:

Beretta 92

Glock 17

Sig .40

S&W .357 Revolver

S&W .44 Revolver

Shotgun:

Hunting double barrel break in half

Standard Shotgun

Combat Shotgun (most likley mossberg 590)

Assault Rifle:

SKS

Mini 14

AK47

AR15

Rifle:

Deer hunting rifle

Tactical Sniper Rifle

Maybe High Caliber magnum gun?

Sorry if anyone is pissed off cuz im using peoples stuff with out permission.

Ill porbably have pics tommorow of what ive got done

Weapon Pack anyone? biggrin_o.gif

Im working on a weapons pack that will work good with this zombie addon mod. All the weapons will be Semi Auto only sense us civies sense arent as important as our goverment. Any way its nothing really new. None are my actual models but i have edited them some and re scripted them(I GIVE FULL CREDIT TO ORIGINAL MODDERS!!) This is just something i want to throw together for us zombie lovers out there to fight with. Im having a little trouble getting all the textures sense I pretty much did miss match of certain weapons. So if anyone can help me with this it would be appreciated.

Basically there will be one average gun and then one tactical gun, in each class of gun. (example) Hunting shotgun and then Combat Shotgun.

Heres what the pack will include:

Pistol:

Beretta 92

Glock 17

Sig .40

S&W .357 Revolver

S&W .44 Revolver

Shotgun:

Hunting double barrel break in half

Standard Shotgun

Combat Shotgun (most likley mossberg 590)

Assault Rifle:

SKS

Mini 14

AK47

AR15

Rifle:

Deer hunting rifle

Tactical Sniper Rifle

Maybe High Caliber magnum gun?

Sorry if anyone is pissed off cuz im using peoples stuff with out permission.

Ill porbably have pics tommorow of what ive got done

No one will get mad with you as long as you ask permission from the creators of the weapons you are using smile_o.gif If they agree - and only if that happens - you can count with our help for your zombie weapons pack project.

On in-game screen for you smile_o.gif You can see my new project: coffin on coffin-carriage. But I think that coffin-carriage textures are ugly - I can't find suitable texts for it. I need good metal texture.

in-game1.th.jpg

On in-game screen for you smile_o.gif You can see my new project: coffin on coffin-carriage. But I think that coffin-carriage textures are ugly - I can't find suitable texts for it. I need good metal texture.

in-game1.th.jpg

That is the most beautiful picture in OFP I have seen! EDIT: Well, maybe not the most, but definitely good looking - once the candles and gurney (the coffin carrier) are textured, this will look really good.

Be even better when a zombie leaps out of the coffin right enough ;)

Anyway, while you've been modelling, I have been scripting.

I have been reworking the zombie scripts and am quite pleased with the speed gains. Shortening variable names DOES work!!!

The zombies are faster, smoother.. jist braw as they say in Scotland.

Some screenshots from the romanic church i'm working on:

church2.th.jpg

church1.th.jpg

I've made this unfinished openable coffin too smile_o.gif

coffin.th.jpg

Holy S** Impressive work Grabarz^^! Atleast now that empty spot in the Res church has a good couple of items to fill it, and again excellent job on the graves. The family grave reminds me of the cemeteries in Poland, especially the thick marble that's standing horizontally. Perhaps you will make one with the top Marble covering the grave itself smashed or missing a big chunk, so it really does look like the dead have arisen wink_o.gif I remember alot of times in my town's cemetery there were graves that looked like that because of erm vandals. Some pretty gruesome finds crazy_o.gif. Anyways, keep up the great work guys!

PS Good looking Church there MiG

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

WHAT'S NEW IN ZOMBIE MOD RELEASE 4, 23 OCTOBER 2004!

www.unifiedzombiemod.wz.cz

FEATURE LIST

Zombies added to RESISTANCE side

Improved AI

Faster scripts

More resurrection!

And, most importantly - support for event handlers!!!

ZOMBIES ADDED TO RESISTANCE SIDE

================================

For those of you who want East vs West vs Zombie action, you will be pleased to know that there are zombies on the RESISTANCE side. This effectively permits double the amount of zombies previously possible!!!

IMPROVED AI

===========

Zombies will no longer re-evaluate who to chase, when lunch is right in front of them!

Zombies no longer consider boats and planes as viable targets as they neither swim or fly. These vehicle types are ignored, and faster processing is the result.

FASTER SCRIPTS

==============

Variable and label names have been shortened. While this does reduce code readability, it improves processing speed.

Redundant code and comments have been stripped.

Game now initialises properly

MORE RESURRECTION

=================

If you set gblResurrectTargets to 1 (or put the new RESURRECT TARGETS game logic on the map) human units in gblAllTargets will be brought back from the dead if they die from ANYTHING, as per the Romero universe.

You will have to dispose of the body otherwise, the dead unit may come back.

EVENT HANDLERS

==============

A new innovation for the zombie mod!!! You can now implement your own custom actions for the zombies whenever a specific "event" occurs.

Supported event handler variables at time of writing:

gblOnHumanHit - fired when a human is attacked by a zombie

gblOnCarHit - fired when a car is attacked by a zombie

gblOnAPCHit - fired when an APC is attacked by a zombie

gblOnTankHit - fired when a tank is attacked by a zombie

gblOnZombieResurrect - fired when a dead human resurrects as a zombie

gblOnZombieDeath - fired when a zombie dies

The event handler variables specify scripts to execute when a specific event occurs. For example:

gblOnHumanHit = "hithuman.sqs"

will make the zombie mod call the hithuman.sqs script whenever a human has been attacked by a zombie. Yes, the zombie mod does pass parameters to the scripts!

You don't need to implement the event handlers, indeed they are turned off by default. To turn them on, set

gblEventHandlers=1

yehay biggrin_o.gif are they striking direct when they have contact with a human? cuz as it is now they'll wait maybe 1 or 3 secs before strike which makes the human avalible to escape vary easy.

EDIT*

yay it is 23 OCTOBER 2004 today!

Stlkid-mini14.JPG

Stlkid-mini142.JPG

Stlkid-357.JPGStlkid-93.JPG

Stlkid-92.JPG

Stlkid-9.JPG

Heres what I have completed already the revolver I could release right now just need a server to put it on.