Sign in to follow this  
tracy_t

Unified zombie pack release imminent

Brains...brains! The zombies are comming for your delicious script-brilliant brains! biggrin_o.gif

A zombie lumbering animation?

I'd also like the Overturn bus/car/tank(?), head shot only zombies, and flaming zombies.

Dawn of the dead...I have heard that in the storyline it came from a sort of biological agent? While people bitten by the first infected human became mindless zombies, the first effected person (Not by bite) 'had' a mind..if thats so, perhaps "Smart" zombies?

Instead of running right at you, they might do what AI soldiers do and flank, to try and catch you in the back?

Could be faster, or encorporate the head shot only feature.

The zombie mod already has an overturned bus, and has for months biggrin_o.gif

Grabarz^^ (I always forget the ^^) is making another variant of it (how's it going?)

Anyway, RE: (that means "regarding", not Resident Evil, lol) head shots, such zombies would be cool but I'm not sure how the OFP AI would handle them, to be honest.

I can see entire USMC corps being swallowed up by a handful of zombies (unless they used grenade launchers) - could make the game fun, or frustrating!!

Finally, flanking zombies? Hmm, it's possible, yeah, in fact it's very possible... maybe need a bit more CPU power though.

Here's how I'd probably do it:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

IF number of humans in front of me

Find area with least number of humans defending

Move to that area

Attack

End If

Scotty, you're reading in my mind biggrin_o.gif Overturned bus in two versions is done, and I'm releasing it NOW smile_o.gif Link is below. Hint: this bus looks better only on flat ground smile_o.gif You will find them under Empty-->Zombie Related Objects

two-buses.th.jpg

Download

You can also download second released thing - zombie movies posters. Link is below, enjoy.

You will find them under Empty-->Zombie Posters Pack

posters.th.jpg

Download

EDIT*: I've updated download links

I got the "falling thrue window" animation almost done, just need to make the timing between the frames better. some1 want to take a look at it?

biggrin_o.gif Hey there.

im so excited, that i havent gone through what others have suggested, so im going to post what i reckon will make the mod better....

1) Stronger zombies, im talking a whole new category of zombies, so we still have the regular ones, but also strong zombies. Strong zombies should take a minimum of 10 shots to the chest or 3 shots to the head in order to die. they should be slightly faster, and more deadly. So, in the OFP mission editor, if we could have a ZOMBIES and then ZOMBIES - STRONG category, with the two types in thier respective places, that would be so hardkore.

2) randomly-respawning zombies. maybe this can be under a new type of zmbies aswel.. basically, a regular zombie, that can respawn u couple of times, maybe not more than 5 times? this will give it the whole "IT JUST WONT DIE FOR GOD SAKES!" feel. if this is possible, please include it! D:!

3) zombies with tactics - as in, they can outflank you, when they here shots they crawl, basically, regular OFP soldier - like AI, without the guns. it could make for interesting fighting.

4) zombies without limbs! and weapons for zombies! - i think a whole lot of zombies that have "weapons" aka thier own limbs, which they use as clubs. FDF mod has made the animation for a beating-stick, maybe you can ask for thier animation? also, it would be funny to take a zombie limb and beat up other zombies with it.

5) Territorial zombies - this goes back to the whole soldier tactics thing. maybe you can script the zombies, so they dont all come running from the other side of the map to kill you? zombies should only come after you when they see or smell you (which they cant, so its see) like a regular person / soldier does, in OFP.

thanks for listening to my ideas, all of the above im pretty sure is possible within the limits of the OFP engine. btw, im making a mission at the moment, i hope it comes out well. should be finished by the end of the month.

oh, here are some "crazy" ideas:

1) flipper-zombies. - Zombies that can flip your car onto its roof or punch your car to one side, sort of like a "super-zombie" type thing. I was thinking of calling it a "brute". it would be bigger and meaner looking than a regular zombie (somewhere between Sylvester Stallone muscle and The Hulk in size and strength.) this would be awsome, but i doubt its possible.

2) limbs - im talking arms, legs, torsos, hands - if you could script it so a hand, or an arm, or leg, could crawl toward you and kick / strangle / beat you to death. that would be awsome.

heh thats all i can think of in short notice.

now, i need some help:

1) in my mission, i'd like to make some zombies respawn while others dont, how would i do this? (maybe 2 in 5 zombies respawn, for instance.)

2) is there a command to make my zombie's stronger, as in take more pain? i dont want to fuss around with too many code to get it working. so, in the current zombie / ofp versions, is there a simple script i can type to change the damage variables?

3) zombies dont attack immediatly. somtimes they just stand and face in the opposite direction for up to 15 seconds before they react. if im playing with AI, my AI will kill them within 5 - 8 seconds. (depending on how many zombies are around, of course.) Is there some way to make them "instantly" alert? so the moment they start / spawn they are already hunting thier victims down? just wondering.

can someone answer these questions ASAP? at the moment im on dialup and can only connect once on a weekend D: thanks.

Some interesting ideas there colonel...

OK, let me see...

1. The up-armoured zombies are easy to do; VERY easy. But remember, such strong zombies could only be for Multiplayer games - you could never use them for AI battles, as the AI would waste ammo shooting them in the chest.

2. Randomly respawning? rock.gif

What do you mean? Do you mean zombies that never die? You can resurrect zombies forever using the zombie mod already biggrin_o.gif

3. Noted.

4. Already working on that. We already have 2 zombies without limbs, a headless zombie and a legless zombie (AKA the crawler) in the existing zombie mod. We are now working on zombies that have an arm missing etc.

5. Territorial zombies? Ah you mean zombies that guard a specified area? Funny you should mention that, I was talking about "gravitation points" where zombies would congregate in large numbers (e.g. a city) when they have no-one to attack.

As for your scripting questions, post them in the zombie mission editing & scripting thread please, not here.

Thank you for your feedback! Much appreciated. I'll see what I can do.

ah another thing:

can somebody make a couple of really good multiplayer co-op missions? maybe a remake of skye-virus, without the lag? if possible, please do so. D:

and if its been done, can someone link me to as many co-ops and SP missions as possible? :o

edit: not to waste another post;

The random respawn thing:

okay, take a group of 10 zombies. Within that group, 6 will die completely, but the other 4, will respawn. Not so they are invincible, but so they respawn a limited number of times. i.e: each zombie, will respawn 5 times, before they will finally die.

When you say the super-tough zombies are easy to do, do you mean i should do it myself, or that you will consider adding super-tough zombies into the next release?

im really hoping you mean the latter, because as easy as it may be to some, others (like myself) find it a bit difficult to make super strong zombies without the use of extra scripts etc. biggrin_o.gif so if its not too much work, can you either include a new zombie subsection with stronger tougher ones, or maybe a gamelogic that turns the zombies into tougher ones? please? D:?

since you're so fanatic about headshots...

why not ask Neplilim how she does that disembarking limbs trick? maybe that way you could script that (parts of the) h ead get blown away when shot...?

Who's fanatic about headshots? rock.gif

Not me, I don't care if the zombies need a headshot to be downed or not. All I care about is making sure the AI can shoot them down.

I'll skip asking nephilim about the dismemberment code, my scripts run slow enough as it is, I don't need any frills slowing them down smile_o.gif .

To be honest, I think my time should be concentrated on speeding up the AI, and making gameplay improvements (such as stopping the zombies finding you whereever you are).

(such as stopping the zombies finding you whereever you are).

(_z distance _t) > 200 goto:wait

#wait

~1

(_z distance _t) > 200 goto:wait

~1

(_z distance _t) < 200 goto:otherthingy...

or somethinbg like that? altough this prolly wont work bcuz i cant remember how the goto thingy was placed...  tounge_o.gif

I think there's a way of speeding up the zombies... in fact I'm going to try it now.

Instead of having every zombie running their own individual script, I'm thinking of one script that controls all zombies. Therefore, OFP won't have to context switch between scripts very often, and memory will be saved. Yay!!

Basically the following logic in one script:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

FOR EACH zombie IN GBLZOMBIELIST

IF not alive zombie then resurrect or delete it

find nearest target for zombie

make zombie attack target

NEXT

Scotty, you're reading in my mind biggrin_o.gif Overturned bus in two versions is done, and I'm releasing it NOW smile_o.gif Link is below. Hint: this bus looks better only on flat ground smile_o.gif You will find them under Empty-->Zombie Related Objects

[im]http://img106.exs.cx/img106/917/two-buses.th.jpg[/im]

Download

You can also download second released thing - zombie movies posters. Link is below, enjoy.

You will find them under Empty-->Zombie Posters Pack

[im]http://img106.exs.cx/img106/7130/posters.th.jpg[/im]

Download

EDIT*: I've updated download links

Grabarz^^, i'm making a sample mission for Farmland Island and i'm using the burned bus. It's just a tip but if you add into your pack a smoking burned bus and a flaming one it would be super  smile_o.gif

Damn right!

So my TODO: list is as follows:

1) Update overturned bus so it smokes / burns;

2) Update zombie mod scripts for more speed.

3) Add more zombies for unified zombie mod 4.

Damn right!

So my TODO: list is as follows:

1) Update overturned bus so it smokes / burns;

2) Update zombie mod scripts for more speed.

3) Add more zombies for unified zombie mod 4.

It is important that units get some dammage when they get close to flaming bus wink_o.gif

OK Mig biggrin_o.gif

I get your point.

I will start scripting Wednesday night.  Meanwhile, you and Grabarz^^ (see, I got both ^^ right this time!!!) can work on the H Scene pack ;)

Ah, I love these zombies... smile_o.gif

I'll love them even more if I get the scripts optimised!!!

Zombie fans, you have much fun ahead of you! If only you knew what we know!!!

ok here are some things i think would make the zombie mod even more fantastic!

1. new zombie walking animation

2. make a game logic that if inserted into a map, the zombies will do a random moan every once in a while

3. make a super zombie, i know this has already been discussed, but i think it should be like 9 feet tall, and when it hits you, it will make you fly back. Have you ever played the genb_vamps mod? when the vampires hit you you fly back a little. But make the zombie all deformed and weird. (resident evil anyone?)

4. make zombies get up ONLY 2 or 3 times, not continuously or not only once.

5. maybe if you wanted to make a new map, like small, if you could, find a way to make a map just a facility. that would be cool to make some doom like missions.

6. Cant think of six right now

7. Fast zombie

crap gtg brb lata

I will start scripting Wednesday night.  Meanwhile, you and Grabarz^^ (see, I got both ^^ right this time!!!) can work on the H Scene pack ;)

Don't forget that i'm all week away from home, so i can only work on our project during the weekend and part of Monday  wink_o.gif

ok here are some things i think would make the zombie mod even more fantastic!

1. new zombie walking animation

2. make a game logic that if inserted into a map, the zombies will do a random moan every once in a while

3. make a super zombie, i know this has already been discussed, but i think it should be like 9 feet tall, and when it hits you, it will make you fly back. Have you ever played the genb_vamps mod? when the vampires hit you you fly back a little. But make the zombie all deformed and weird. (resident evil anyone?)

4. make zombies get up ONLY 2 or 3 times, not continuously or not only once.

5. maybe if you wanted to make a new map, like small, if you could, find a way to make a map just a facility. that would be cool to make some doom like missions.

6. Cant think of six right now

7. Fast zombie

Check Farmland Forums for more info. In fact we have there some info that might interests you, including animation stuff smile_o.gif

No Resident Evil zombies (like Nemesis) will be included in our pack. We're working on zombies from Romero universe and ONLY from that smile_o.gif

I can make an anim when a man flyes back and make him land on his back