Sign in to follow this  
Blake

Finnish defence forces mod 1.2

You know, if one would ask nicely and give proper credit one could possibly make a separate dutch version after 1.3 hits the streets.. wink_o.gif

since fdf is a mod that really can change the gameplay and stuff, (unlike addons that don't want to overwrite)..

me have one little thing i doubt more then me would like but have to tell it anyway. Can't you make it possible to actually kill the people in parachuts, now they are impossible to kill with bullets unless you destory the "vehicle" parachute..

good work anyway.

since fdf is a mod that really can change the gameplay and stuff, (unlike addons that don't want to overwrite)..

me have one little thing i doubt more then me would like but have to tell it anyway. Can't you make it possible to actually kill the people in parachuts, now they are impossible to kill with bullets unless you destory the "vehicle" parachute..

good work anyway.

Yeah, that would be quite nice. Would be hell parachuting into enemy territory. And you would really have to think about when you pull the cord of your chute.

If you were on #OFPEC yesterday you might have seen something special though smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Yes, they're paratroopers, same ones already in FDFMod. We've thought about having realistic parachutes and things like removing eject action from helo pilots and passengers (unless they carry a parachute) but unfortunately it would break too many old missions. If there's a good solution to make it configurable for missions builders, then we might include it.

Maybe it would be an option to make this new feature work only if there is one of those new parachutes in the mission. So it would not break anny old mission.

And here a little offtopic some nice FDF photos...

made me think about the FDFmod tounge_o.gifFDF photos

Maybe it would be an option to make this new feature work only if there is one of those new parachutes in the mission. So it would not break anny old mission.

New parachute behaviour can be enabled by placing special gamelogic on mission.

First I have to say great mod, the scripting and config side of the mod is great and sets a standard to other mods.

But I am having an odd problem. When using the BAS Rangers v1.5 in a MP mission with FDF units, the Rangers don't have the useractions that some of the weapons have (iTOW, NKK, Ranger MRU, Molotovs), which I find odd since those are added in the config of the weapon and not the config of the unit, but when I accidently set player to a BAS Government guy from the Opfor pack it worked fine.

Is there any way to fix this?

It happens because the rangers have their own useractions class (For the glasses etc. I think) which overwrites the FDF one. There's no way to fix it other than edit the bas units.

Shmel-1 and BRDM-2

-----------------

Russian Shmel-1 UAV is prepared for launch to observe enemy positions and a BRDM-2 recon team

is being briefed for their upcoming scouting missions to the same direction. Despite modern UAVs there

is no substitute for on-ground human reconnaissance. On the foreground AT-3 'Sagger' is being inspected by weapons NCO.

The Shmel-1 (Yak-061) UAV is just one of several types of UAVs in service in Russian Army today and it has been exported

at least to Syria in 1992. Shmel-1 catapult is typically mounted on a BMD platform.

shmel1.jpg

The textures on those vehicles are... Jawdropping... Great work guys! And a lovely AT3 suitcase Sagger you have there!

Will it be one man portable or will it be split into two parts to be balanced against Finnish counterparts?

Quote[/b] ]

Will it be one man portable or will it be split into two parts to be balanced against Finnish counterparts?

It will be in 2 parts.

Note that the BRDM-2 is a much different vehicle than BIS 'fake' BRDM which is actually Czech OT-64. The main notable difference is in the hull structure.

Hooray! At last a decent BRDM-2 instead of that crappy BIS OT-65 biggrin_o.gif

Very nice! That BRDM-2 looks great! Finaly a nice russian wheeled vehicle with a MG smile_o.gif

Is that Shmel-1 something like the "drone" out of v1.2? Or is it the launching-system for that scout?

Great work as usual!

Mfg MEDICUS

Shmel-1 is just like the Ranger UAV. And BMDs will also be there in few variants wink_o.gif.

These units look great! smile_o.gif

But I thought this was the FDF mod... wink_o.gif No, just kidding, actually I think the most needed thing in FDFmod right now is the Opfor, the current ones are pretty basic and mostly use either BIS models or textures. Especially the default Russian infantry would be nice to see with some tweaks, like removing the bedroll, changing the helmet (?) I'm not an expert in this, but I'm sure the UCE ones could be improved upon.

*Deletes Pchela UAV and BRDM-2 from RHS to do list*

J/K

Really lovely units, i love this mod it has all i ever need and even more tounge_o.gif

Jurmo-Class Assault Boat

-----------------

Finnish Coastal Jaegers storm an island held by the enemy troops only to be pinned

down my machine-gun fire on the waterfront. They have been transported to the beach by Jurmo-class coastal assault boat

which is designed especially for coastal warfare. Jurmo is powered by waterjet engines, thus enabling

cruising in extremely shallow waters with speeds in excess of 30 knots. Jurmo is capable of transporting

up to 20 troops with a crew of two. Optional armament includes a mount for 12.7mm ItKK heavy machinegun.

jurmo1.jpg