Sign in to follow this  
Supah

Nogovan Armed Forces Project

Any chance of using a different sniper rifle for the Nogovan armed forces? (Ex. the "Finnfire" used by the Finnish defence forces, I forgot the military designation however. Or even the TRG 22/42 would be IMHO more valid options)

Well, as Nogova uses alot of USSR era weaponry it would seem more logical for them to use the SVD Dragunov, or an FN-FAL with scope wink_o.gif

The scoped fnfal makes more sense than the dragonuv as there arent any Russian ak's or pk's being used for small arms it seems.

Do you guys give any straight answers on questions btw?

rock.gif  wink_o.gif

The scoped fnfal makes more sense than the dragonuv as there arent any Russian ak's or pk's being used for small arms it seems.

Do you guys give any straight answers on questions btw?

rock.gif  wink_o.gif

Which question didnt get answered? smile_o.gif

FN-FAL with scope

Would that substitute a good sniper rifle? I see assault rifles with scopes as means to extend the range of a unit, with no special training. Not a substitution for an accurate sniper rifle, with an exceptionally trained marksman.

I imagine that in a small army such as the Nogovan one, good snipers, and with that good sniper rifles are vital. To protect sensitive areas like small encampments, makeshift airstrips or airstrips in general.

I also hope you'll make (or borrow) a proper sniper model. Like the one SFP has under development ATM smile_o.gif

FN-FAL with scope

Would that substitute a good sniper rifle? I see assault rifles with scopes as means to extend the range of a unit, with no special training. Not a substitution for an accurate sniper rifle, with an exceptionally trained marksman.

I imagine that in a small army such as the Nogovan one, good snipers, and with that good sniper rifles are vital. To protect sensitive areas like small encampments, makeshift airstrips or airstrips in general.

I also hope you'll make (or borrow) a proper sniper model. Like the one SFP has under development ATM smile_o.gif

Hello GoOB,

ATM we are working with the remington that came with OFP:Resistance mainly because its a ok choice for a sniper rifle. However we are keeping an open mind so if anyone comes along with a reasonable suggestion AND a model + textures then we might think about it. What I personally read and hear about the SVD Dragunov is that is not that much better then a assualt rifle with a scope accuracy wise. Offcourse much depends on the shooter.

The scoped FAL wasn't meant to be a sniper rifle, think more of it as a tactical marksman rifle.

On aquiring another sniper rifle model+texture. Why not discuss with SFP/FDF about using their "Finnfire"-model or their TRG-22 model. And ofcourse SFP's excellent PSG90/L96A1-model. All three, are I think quite good options for Nogovan sniper rifles.

Very well, each way I am sure you'll make us more than happy smile_o.gif

Using the Remington has been pretty much deciced allready. As for the AI AW (PSG90 being the Swedish designation), I believe it _feels_ a bit too modern, if you catch my drift smile_o.gif

On aquiring another sniper rifle model+texture. Why not discuss with SFP/FDF about using their "Finnfire"-model or their TRG-22 model. And ofcourse SFP's excellent PSG90/L96A1-model. All three, are I think quite good options for Nogovan sniper rifles.

Very well, each way I am sure you'll make us more than happy  smile_o.gif

IIRC the L96 and the PSG1/MSG90 series rifles (first by AI, the second by H&K) are very expensive...I'd think that in keeping with the small low-budget nature of the Nogovan Army they wouldn't be spending their cash on those models.  Besides, as Sole said, they are fairly modern weapons.

IIRC the L96 and the PSG1/MSG90 series rifles (first by AI, the second by H&K) are very expensive...I'd think that in keeping with the small low-budget nature of the Nogovan Army they wouldn't be spending their cash on those models. Besides, as Sole said, they are fairly modern weapons.

I saw a pricelist of the H&K PSG1 from 1989, and it was $13.500 then, and I don't think the price has really gone down much. It's just too expensive for such a small force.

A force of around 300 (number used by DeadMeatXM2) would not really contain much trained snipers, because they cost a hell of a lot to train. Therefore a soldier with scoped AR would make more sense imo. The NAF are more of a well trained militia force.

There would be snipers...I mean, there were some excellent peasant snipers in Mother Russia During ww2. I imagine they would not be as well trained as more Modern Armies have snipers...but it makes much more sense for a small semi-rural

nation like Nogova to have marksmen, ones who use bolt action rifles with scopes

But there wouldnt be ghillie-suit, PSG-1 Silenced equipted snipers. I think remington 700 (is that the rifle?) sniper rifles are a good choice.  smile_o.gif

If youre going to include snipers there should be Guilli and non Guilli version's.

There wont. Besides, the camo works REALLY well, these guys are hard to spot in the first place.

The new ammobag for the M240/MAG/GPMG looks great! And is it really "deflating" depending on how much ammo is left?!
(unfortunately it switches from full to empty, thats just a game engine limit)

wink_o.gif

If youre going to include snipers there should be Guilli and non Guilli version's.

There wont. Besides, the camo works REALLY well, these guys are hard to spot in the first place.

just a suggestion, the SASR one looks really good.

A force of around 300 (number used by DeadMeatXM2) would not really contain much trained snipers, because they cost a hell of a lot to train.

Snipers are not trained , they are born .   wink_o.gif

is it possible that the NAF bought some new rifles for their recce-forces/SF?

In a word...

No.

As has been said before, we are sticking to being as "realistic" as possible, so that means basic, basic, basic.

IIRC the L96 and the PSG1/MSG90 series rifles (first by AI, the second by H&K)

I wrote PSG90, which is the Swedish designation for the L96A1 (should have written L96A1 first wink_o.gif ) Just wanted to clarify that smile_o.gif

But anyways, thank you for your quick answers NAFP team smile_o.gif I like that you put the cards out on the table smile_o.gif

IIRC the L96 and the PSG1/MSG90 series rifles (first by AI, the second by H&K)

I wrote PSG90, which is the Swedish designation for the L96A1 (should have written L96A1 first  wink_o.gif ) Just wanted to clarify that smile_o.gif

But anyways, thank you for your quick answers NAFP team smile_o.gif I like that you put the cards out on the table smile_o.gif

Heh, thought maybe you were mixing up the PSG/MSG designation...MSG-90 is a slightly cheaper and more robust version of the PSG-1.

Whatever smile_o.gif

*patienty waits for more news from the NAFP dudes....*

Using the Remington has been pretty much deciced allready. As for the AI AW (PSG90 being the Swedish designation), I believe it _feels_ a bit too modern, if you catch my drift smile_o.gif

modern? lol, the aw desgin is nearly 20 years old!  biggrin_o.gif, in most cases a SLR with a bipod and scope will do, the SVD isn't really a sniper weapon anyway, the russians class it as a support weapon apprently the effective range is only about 700-800 metres, the SLR can match that no problem, a remmington/M40 sounds like a good choice   smile_o.gif

@ para-trooper

Note that I said "FEELS too modern" rather than "IS too modern"

@ Cpt. Frostbite

The SA58 was considered for CQB, but we decided to go a bit less sophisticated by making a FAL Para with a reddot sight.

Err... as they say "to err is human"

I noticed whilst doing some testing with the MAG, that with it set up as it is at the moment (models for "loaded" and "empty") the shadow will not display for the "loaded" model.

This is simply a "feature" of the modelspecial feature. (See Mapfacts XM-8's, or the JAM M136 AT4)

So we have decided to drop the "empty" model in order to have a shadow 100% of the time.

Sorry guys, I feel really bad about getting your hopes up. But it still looks really cool as it is, so hopefully that'll be some consilation.

@sole,

Thanks. That's a whole lot more info than just plain and simple 'no' biggrin_o.gif (sorry DM)

@Deadmeat;

Doesn't matter mate. Having a weapon without a shadow when loaded is not really nice with a big weapon like the MAG (for a pistol this could be different). It's not nice, but your best choise atm.

Don't throw away the model, though. You could use the empty model to put on your NAF ammobox. Kind of like the INQ high detail pack Ammobox. That would be neat.

Hello !

Firstly, I'm very sorry for my very bad English, I'm a foreigner ... so I don't speak very well english, and I don't write very good as well. But I will try to write without mistake.

So, I saw the beautiful pictures of your work on OFP.info website. Especially the screenshots of the FN-MAG. I know that it's a model of Earl, but I don't know where I can found this model.

I am working on my own project, and I need a good model of a M240G. So I would like to know where I can found the beautiful model of Earl.

Thank you very much !

I wish you sucess for your project, which is very interessant.

Clement Coeffe