Sign in to follow this  
Mister Frag

Lock on: modern air combat

@ July 02 2003,23:41)]This game's all about a NATO/Warsaw Pact conflict 10 years ago, not an as yet to be determined conflict 10 years in the future.

icon9.gif

Quote[/b] ]Where does the Lock On conflict take place and when?

[...]

Lock On does not take place in a specific time, but uses a variety of weapon systems that have been in service from mid-1990s to the near future. The Lock On order of battles are not meant to mimic real-world forces

- http://www.lo-mac.com/faq.php#faq10

I want this set up if I want to play any flight sims. biggrin_o.gif

I think that was posted already on the Forgotten Battles thread.

They don't call it forgotten for nothing! biggrin_o.gif

They don't call it forgotten for nothing! biggrin_o.gif

Hey now! tounge_o.gif

It's just that we're patiently twiddling our thumbs while 1C finishes up the patch. Also, I've been busy turning my squadmates on to FB, so there ya go- not forgotten, we're just too busy flying it to waste time talking about it smile_o.gif

I heard some stories at college about groups of students who would pair up and use 2 or 3 rooms as a single dorm room. They'd have one room for beds, one room for a tv room, and the other for a computer room.

Maybe if they all brought in monitors... biggrin_o.gif

Think of the heat off that setup, it would be like 90 degrees after any substantial gaming session.

Think of the heat off that setup, it would be like 90 degrees after any substantial gaming session.

Must have a fan bigger than his door blowing on those machines. His machine must really humm.

my problem is deciding on which one to use as a background

my problem is deciding on which one to use as a background

My problem is finding a P4 3mgh+ notebook with a 128MB+ video chipset to run such a program. wow_o.gif

oh my god.... wow_o.gif

edit: guess Tov and FS can agree on one thing - Flight Sims. one moment they fight like cats and dogs in political thread, like europeans in a room with soccer ball, but when it comes to flight seems they agree like horny guys in front of rubber dolls. tounge_o.gif

oh my god.... wow_o.gif

edit: guess Tov and FS can agree on one thing - Flight Sims. one moment they fight like cats and dogs in political thread, like europeans in a room with soccer ball, but when it comes to flight seems they agree like horny guys in front of rubber dolls. tounge_o.gif

I think you can say that about every flight simmer. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]my problem is deciding on which one to use as a background

I'm using the the first pic of a Mig-25(or is it a 31?) from the ubi forums *shakes* biggrin_o.gif link that was posted earlier, in the thread http://forumsbb.ubi.com/message....d=zzvus

Quote[/b] ]like europeans in a room with soccer ball, but when it comes to flight seems they agree like horny guys in front of rubber dolls.

LOL never heard those analogies before, I like e'm biggrin_o.gif.

It's a MiG-25, from the dark pannels on the side of the nose, a recon - or at least recon capable variant.

Bit of aircraft recognition for ya:

MiG-25

MiG-25_01.jpg

MiG-31

MiG-31_02.jpg

Anybody else notice how they havent updated their page in almost 3 weeks?

Maybe they're getting busy to release the game sooner. biggrin_o.gif

Ubisoft is seriously lacking when it comes to communication with customers. Just check out the last page of the Forgotten Battles thread biggrin_o.gif.

It really is a sad state when the majority of development screenshots are posted on the Russian forums by beta testers and only posted on the official Ubisoft forums when ordinary members of the comunity stumble across them.

Quote[/b] ]Anybody else notice how they havent updated their page in almost 3 weeks?

Maybe they're getting busy to release the game sooner.

Or more likely it's because their website guy Cartrix was on vacation for a while, and now is having computer trouble. The guy who's writing the war stories for them said that he'd sent his next one off to Ubi all ready, but that nothing had happened due to Cartrix being either out of the loop or indisposed hehe.

Or maybe they're all beta testing the program on one giant LAN. biggrin_o.gif

I can dream, can't I? crazy_o.gif

@ July 07 2003,19:10)]
Quote[/b] ]Anybody else notice how they havent updated their page in almost 3 weeks?

Maybe they're getting busy to release the game sooner.

Or more likely it's because their website guy Cartrix was on vacation for a while, and now is having computer trouble. The guy who's writing the war stories for them said that he'd sent his next one off to Ubi all ready, but that nothing had happened due to Cartrix being either out of the loop or indisposed hehe.

LOL he is having computer problems? Who are these guys? Amateurs working out of some guys parents garage? Just have someone fix the computer and be done with it smile_o.gif

Wow, that sounds great. If all the doom & gloomers are right and this won't be coming out until September/October, then I ought to have a decent chance of having a new mobo and processor- I'm shooting for one of the P4 3 Ghz's, but we'll see.