Sign in to follow this  
Mister Frag

Lock on: modern air combat

Quote[/b] ]It should be noted that although Lock On will feature plenty of scalable options for rookie flyers, at its most difficult settings it's an extremely demanding affair that requires hours and days of exposure and study to even partially comprehend. With well over 200 unique commands, viewing options, and weapon and navigational operations, the game seems quite challenging at the higher realism settings. With all rookie aids removed, you'll have to rely only on the authentically cryptic instruments and displays and your flight experience. At this level, you'll find no cheats whatsoever--even some of the user-friendly external perspectives you'll find in the lower levels are eliminated.

Sweet biggrin_o.gif

And those are some beautiful authentically cryptic instruments and displays biggrin_o.gif

lockon_screen014.jpg

I love the way those engine fire warning indicators look (lower <s>left</s>, in the big red letters)

*edit* stupid.jpg

nope, the Russians have that backwards too. left is right and right is left

dont ask what "there" means.

nope, the Russians have that backwards too.  left is right and right is left

dont ask what "there" means.

Nah, that can't be right........ can it?

Crazy Ruskies!

@ July 15 2003,19:23)]That's the lower right, Tovarish  tounge_o.gif

ugh....reming me not to post again before I've had my first cup of coffe :P. Don't know what the hell was with me...call it temporary dislexia.

and FS, I hope you're joking.

*edit*

Quote[/b] ]The problem with putting what you're viewing in winamp in your sig is everyone gets to see what you're watching...

LOL I was thinking of doing the exact same thing when I saw that, but for some odd reason I decided not to be a bastard biggrin_o.gif.

of course i'm joking tovarish tounge_o.gif

I just cant get over the russian props

Anyway I just ran out and bought Flanker 2.5. It's OK so far (I'll be honest, I'm also playing with MiG Alley), wish the version I got came with a paper manual though.

Anyway I just ran out and bought Flanker 2.5.  It's OK so far (I'll be honest, I'm also playing with MiG Alley), wish the version I got came with a paper manual though.

I would probably get both of the above, but older games like that (if they're not shooters) are next to impossible to find here. Even Falcon 4.0 was impossible to find about half a year ago. (Bosun generously sent me his copy across a couple of provinces). I guess I could order stuff like that online, but I can't be bothered to get a credit card.

I have the original Flanker, but unfortunately the Joystick control dosen't work well at all under XP.

I got them both like I got falcon 4, in a "value pack" bundled up with some other game that couldnt sell.  the only problem i've run into with Flanker 2.5 is stuttering when it's loading "nagging nadia" sounds.  i switched them to english and it seems to have solved the problem.

mig alley is another story.  I cant get my USB controller to work with it, and without a manual i dont have a clue what I'm doing.  I can't even figure out how to exit the game, i've had to ctrl+alt+del my way out crazy_o.gif

I wasn't impressed at all with Mig Alley...Lol I had to go to 3 different 2nd hand shops before they'd buy it off me  crazy_o.gif

A game I've recently rediscovered is Flight Commander 2...What a great little game smile_o.gif

Mig Alley's a great game- one of the first really good dynamic campaigns, plus you get to fly the Sabre smile_o.gif

I really wanted to fly a dogfight game with jets. Sort of like extreme dogfighting. smile_o.gif Plus the history behind the game makes it that much better.

If only I could get my joystick to work sad_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

Thinking of buying a joystick for Lo-mac. Maybe Saitek X45 smile_o.gif Anyone else gonna buy joystick?

A great but slightly more geared towards fun than realism was Jane's Fighters Anthology...I LOVED it!You could fly practically any combat aircraft (and non combat like C-5,C-130,C-17) from the Vietnam War era to the X planes...Wow...Flying the Aurora biggrin_o.gif Then I think I lent it to someone and never saw it again sad_o.gif

Is it me or are they just re-releasing old videos? The Su-25 is old, so is the carrier trap

Is it me or are they just re-releasing old videos?  The Su-25 is old, so is the carrier trap

Those vids are old to the community, but they hadn't been featured on the website before.

Anyways, here's a preview and a New Video of a German MiG-29A vs. a MiG-31 (gun kill!) smile_o.gif

Holy sh*t!You hear that sonic boom? biggrin_o.gif

The PC I'm on has no soundcard sad_o.gif.

Holy sh*t!You hear that sonic boom? biggrin_o.gif

The PC I'm on has no soundcard sad_o.gif.

It's very nice, I assure you smile_o.gif

Also, I wonder if there is going to be muiltiplayer?Man, that'll be some awsome air battles! biggrin_o.gif