Sign in to follow this  
Mister Frag

Lock on: modern air combat

hahaha, this is beautiful

I went to sleep last night with 50 minutes left on the "protection time" clock. woke up this morning and saw "your wing has been destroyed".

I guess I'll just scout around a lot, maybe pick on a few new wings until I can get into a good one.

It looks much more in depth than flanker 2.5, but I'm still a little apprehensive.

Thats almost OFP-quality scenery.

again biggrin_o.gif

It looks much more in depth than flanker 2.5, but I'm still a little apprehensive.

I have Flanker 1.5 and I'm anything but aprehensive. In fact, It's the main reason I'm interested. Sure, I had issues with wingmen not doing what I wanted them to (frustrating as hell on some missions), but overall, I would not call the AI dumb.

I'm most frustrated with the avionics. I'm getting better, but that Soviet radar is hard to use, for me at least. I guess F4 has spoiled me smile_o.gif

I'd bet that the AI problem and other issues are fixed in LOMAC.

I'm most frustrated with the avionics.  I'm getting better, but that Soviet radar is hard to use, for me at least.  I guess F4 has spoiled me smile_o.gif

Yeah the avionics were wildly different from anything I'd seen in a sim before, and the radar was fairly complicated to use, but that was part of what kept me hooked. Even in the first Flanker ground clutter was well modeled, and I remember quite a few times loosing precious seconds in a furball by locking on to a SAM or one of the larger AAM's. Then there were those occasions where I kept my radar off and relied on IRST in order to be stealthy, but that was always a bit of a gamble as the detection range was not that great. (On  the plus side, once the enemy's RWR was going off, an Archer was already well on it's way)

Dammit, I want Lo-Mac. I'd still be playing it if it wasn't for the Windows XP Joystick issues  sad_o.gif.

Check-Six Preview (Translated from French)

Kind of odd they chose a Canadian one  rock.gif

Look at the last screenshot very closely. They have multiple nationalities unclesam.gif

Hmm, the last one must have been too light for me to notice at first smile_o.gif

What's so odd about that? rock.gif

The first three seem to be Canadian F18's. However, the last ones I can't really tell. American? The symbols seems to be faded dark grey.

What's so odd about that?  rock.gif

The first three seem to be Canadian F18's. However, the last ones I can't really tell. American? The symbols seems to be faded dark grey.

Yeah, it is American.

i like the fake cockpit painted on the canadian planes

Wow that looks nice.

I heard they were making an addon for the F-18. Are these the screenies of it?

Fake cockpit?

Oh man, I hope they make the F-18 available as an add-on with the CF colour scheme! That would kick ass smile_o.gif

smile_o.gif

Fake cockpit?

on one of the first pics , you can clearly see red round painted areas underneath the real cockpit

Fake cockpit?

on one of the first pics , you can clearly see red round painted areas underneath the real cockpit

I guess my monitor at work here sucks, because I dont see that at all. I'll have to check when I get home.

I dont know why they would have to fake cockpits though...

ALl the screenies I've seen have had beautiful cockpits smile_o.gif

I dont know why they would have to fake cockpits though...

to disorient the enemy in dodgfight

I have no idea what you mena. I don't see any red at all.

red ? why red ?

a dark fake cockpit

Fake cockpit?

You said something about red rounded painted areas under the cockpit. I don't see any red on or in the cockpits.

LOL .. yeah , i've written that tounge_o.gif

no , there's no red