Sign in to follow this  
rouge1

Did some one say

so when i press 'F' and walk forward i will get this anim ingame?

In the 'safe walk' animation (e.g. picture 1), could you extend the index finger on the trigger hand so that it rests outside of the trigger guard?

A picture for reference:

http://media.militaryphotos.net/photos/ussocom_training/z_sft03

Not possible, the hands are "solidly" modeled on each individual soldier model, and cannot be manipulated in animations.

Thats why all units have their hands set in a loose "grip" so that they look ok when holding weapons or handlebars, or joysticks etc...

instead of having the gun held at one side wouldnt it better if they ran like the soldiers in ghost recon?

Do the transitions work between the animations? Is it smooth or does it jump from one to the next rather abruptly?

They are very smooth, It really looks nice ...

so when i press 'F' and walk forward i will get this anim ingame?

NAh, this is the sprint anim. When you press E. If you press F, you just get the normal anim, hopefully, rouge1 will make one for that too and we will use his.. Anotehr problem is that in OFP you get a new anim foreach 45 degrees. Let say you run at 45 dgrees at your right, well it changes animation ... We will have to fix that too!

Wow, this is the thing I have always wanted for OFP! wow_o.gif

Especially the "safe" animation is great!

But isn´t there any way to make all soldiers use these anims by default? Otherwise it loses a lot of potential, for me anyway. sad_o.gif

my god they looks great!

but the model is a left handed guy, and did they 100% Compatible to the older BIS amine......................

Do the transitions work between the animations? Is it smooth or does it jump from one to the next rather abruptly?

They are very smooth, It really looks nice ...

great, this will be a really nice "addon." Are these going to be available for every mod to use? Or just one? Will you name them so that we can just depbo the anims pbo and overwrite the old ones? Is that even possible?

@Gollum1 yep there is an way

@CrunchyFrog ok i will take that inconserdation

@Ebud sure why not and yes it is possible

Great work. Jeha, finaly some nice animations. After more then 3 years OFP, it could use some new anis. Hope there'll come more....suggestions: a jump animation?..faster change between Gun and Launcher, i mean 50% of the times i get shot because changing weapon  sad_o.gif  ...Anyway, guess you (Rouge1) will suprise us.. blues.gif  . I really love your work...maybee you wanna write a tutorial for us ?(How to make your own animation!)... smile_o.gif  who knows, maybee i'll get my animals before OFP2 comes out  tounge_o.gif

This is a very nice animation (awesome)  biggrin_o.gif

btw: I am working at an other walking animation too. If you want I can post some pictures.

You made such a great work !!! something that everyone in the community can benefits from smile_o.gif

really an awesome work. I hope to see new pics here.

It would be great if you implements a kick anim or a jump !!

Anyway the most important thing it's the normal ofp walking posture with the weapon in the hand if you could elevate the upper part of the body because it is too much prone to the ground in my opinion. keep it up!!!

Thats great. Personally I would like to see it as a mod so all units can use this, that would be a much easier solution rather than have addon makers try and figure out how to incorporate them. Painless and easy all the way smile_o.gif

Thats great. Personally I would like to see it as a mod so all units can use this, that would be a much easier solution rather than have addon makers try and figure out how to incorporate them. Painless and easy all the way smile_o.gif

Yes, that would be great. smile_o.gif

Finally, someone to take this on - this is exactly the sort of thing the community needs - fantastic work! If you can pull this off, it'll become OFP legend I do tell thee!

If you have time you could ask Kegetys to let you make new anim for his RPG-7 and RPG-7v so that soldiers hold it like in real life.

It would be great like Ebud said if it works like a mod for all the units wink_o.gif

It would be great like Ebud said if it works like a mod for all the units wink_o.gif

Like the explosion mod. He released many versions that included other mods.

(Explosion + High detail weapons)

I definitely think these animations should be part of "super config" or whatever its called now smile_o.gif

{evil grin ... OFPR 1.999 will be totally user made project with thousands atonce online players while nervously awaiting OFP2 will be still 1 month away smile_o.gif }

This is fantastic! We sorely need a new animation between 'completely safe, shouldered weapon' and 'alert, under-fire'. There's something not right about having your squad patrolling along the countryside in a run/sprint or with their rifles shouldered. smile_o.gif

As others have said, this would be great to make into a mod, so it applies to all units. Perhaps later on we could make an 'uber-mod', combining all the great modifications that have been made so far.

Anyway, looking great - can't wait!

Not possible, the hands are "solidly" modeled on each individual soldier model, and cannot be manipulated in animations.

My bad ... what I suggested was broader than I realized at the time.  I meant different animations for Safe, Aware and Danger.

Thanks,

Chris

Does Enybody know how I can make a gun used costimized animations and how meany of them I would have to change and enclude.

STGN