Sign in to follow this  
RTR_Commander

IM:UC Mod Thread

Miles Teg, I say go for it!  If they (IM:UC) have no problem with you using their addons, do it.  But one thing you have to remember, some individuals are very....conciecous (spelled wrong I think tounge_o.gif) about the CURRENT situation in Iraq.  

When I was going to do a Gulf War 2 campaign a while back, I got a few e-mails telling me I was a sick person for even thinking about doing a campaign/mission about the current situation crazy_o.gifmad_o.gif.  Just be careful and don't let 1or 2 people discourage you!

Why would a person be sick for making a Iraq mission? rock.gif

If thats the case then why did 'such' people allow the Nam modsto be made and then missions too? "such" people need to take a break IMO biggrin_o.gif

Awesome!  I can't wait!  I keeping checking the forum everyday hoping to see them.  They are by far the best Middle East soldiers I've seen so far.

Just curious, but how do you feel about mission makers making "current event" missions for example a mission simulating the seige of Fellujah.  I'm just curious cuz I was working on one for myself, but I'm not sure if it should be something to release.   Perhaps maybe two missions... one from the view of the Iraqi militia and one from the view of a US Marine.

I was thinking of using your upcoming addon as part of the Iraqi Civil Defense force fighting alongside the US Marines against militant forces in Fellujah.

There would also be alot of Iraqi civilians in the town (some armed some not) in order to simulate for players how difficult it is in real life to avoid civilian casualties when you have civilians mixed in with gunmen and when you're using heavy weaponry.

But if that is not something you'd like to see your addon used for then I'll just keep it as a private mission or use another older Iraqi Army addon for any public release of that mission.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Yeah thats a great idea - go for it would like to see them used in a good mission. tounge_o.gif

Will be planning to make a mission to go with the Iraqi soldiers on Nogova but that will be a pretty basic one compared to the one you have thought of.

Quote[/b] ]I was thinking of using your upcoming addon as part of the Iraqi Civil Defense force fighting alongside the US Marines against militant forces in Fellujah

I think it would be more accurate if you had it as...

"Iraqi Civil Defense force abandoning their posts alongside the US Marines against militant forces in Fellujah"

Awesome!  I can't wait!  I keeping checking the forum everyday hoping to see them.  They are by far the best Middle East soldiers I've seen so far.

same here. smile_o.gif

Why would a person be sick for making a Iraq mission?  rock.gif

If thats the case then why did 'such' people allow the Nam modsto be made and then missions too? "such" people need to take a break IMO  biggrin_o.gif

I have no idea. I don't think it is sick, but I did get e-mails from others who did wink_o.gif

Yeah thats a great idea - go for it would like to see them used in a good mission. tounge_o.gif

Will be planning to make a mission to go with the Iraqi soldiers on Nogova but that will be a pretty basic one compared to the one you have thought of.

Cool.  I'm actually trying to go through maximum realism.  For example I'm looking around for a standalone ambulance addon that I can simulate being attacked by US Marine Corp snipers...but it'll also be carrying weapons and explosives.

I'm in contact with a peace activist who's in Fellujah right now (I have no idea how he got in there or how he got out).  The guy's a jerk actually, as he is extremely anti-US military and a huge consipiracy theory nut, and he loves to grandstand and put down even other peace activists who don't agree with his self-righteous arrogant style of protesting.  I met the guy in person at a lecture he did and we really got into it when he started saying that the US Army has made it its policy to intentionally kill Iraqi civlians and to prohibit soldiers from treating Iraqi wounded because he claimed to have seen it with his own eyes...this was contrary to US Army Medics in the audience who told him he was lying because they had just gotten back from Iraq (from the Sunni triangle area) and had treated hundreds of Iraqis. It was also contrary to my own training in the US Army and how I've seen US Army units operate in the past in the Middle East. Attrocities are indeed done in a few rare instances, but alot of the civilian deaths are simply because its a war, and when you use heavy firepower, civilians often get killed unintentionally. 

But he's provided interesting information (assuming he didn't make it all up) in his reports from Iraq that he sends out on his email list.  

That along with reports from US soldiers there make up a very interesting picture of what's going on.

Example...peace activist dude says that he saw ambulances with clear sniper shots to the driver side windshield.

Military sources say, some ambulances have been attacked after weapons were seen loaded up into them.  It is a common tactic to use ambulances for this purpose in Iraq (and in Palistinian territories as well).

Anyhoo...  enough about real life (it's too sad and terrible).

This mission will try to capture some of the craziness of the fighting there.  

It actually could turn into a series of missions with campaigns such as missions where civilian convoys are attacked and European/American hostages are taken and as part of a USMC Force Recon you have to find them.... But the area is too hot for helicopter insertion so the insertion has to be done from the ground in a heavy assault backed up by M1A2 tanks, LAV-25's, and AH-1 Super Cobra gunships as well as light artillery courtesy of the CoC Arty system.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I am using Zwadars Desert Island , its the best to simulate Iraq atm IMO , the colour of the sand is fine for me and blends well with units.

And i have a LOT of stuff apart from that on the map to mak it look like Iraq when i get it done i'll post some screenshots smile_o.gif

@RTR_Commander is it possible make depressions in a map editor to make that bunker look good? i love the idea I just doubt it will look good in OFP maps sad_o.gif anyways if it does work I cant wait. Good work all.

Road are very easy mate , i make lanes and stuff easily if you have Kegs editor addon (i thinkits the one which adds such stuff in your editor in the Camera and Support section).

@RTR_Commander  is it possible make depressions in a map editor to make that bunker look good? i love the idea I just doubt it will look good in OFP maps sad_o.gif  anyways if it does work I cant wait. Good work all.

No you can't make depressions as fas as i know - but i am going to see how it looks in-game and see if it doesn't stick out too much.

Cooool! Looking good. Of coarse I think such an incident as depicted in the pic only happened once during the invasion, but it still looks good. Looks like a nice mission you got going there.

I hope you guys also make some versions of Iraqi troops with heavy body armor (with the ceramic plates) and with the same armor level as the BAS Rangers/Delta infantry addons.

I know such body armor wasn't widely used by Iraqi forces, but I saw a few using body armor (probably Republican Guard or some other special units). Plus such units would work well for joint Iraqi/US missions depicting current events.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Cooool!  Looking good.  Of coarse I think such an incident as depicted in the pic only happened once during the invasion, but it still looks good.   Looks like a nice mission you got going there.  

I hope you guys also make some versions of Iraqi troops with heavy body armor (with the ceramic plates) and with the same armor level as the BAS Rangers/Delta infantry addons.

I know such body armor wasn't widely used by Iraqi forces, but I saw a few using body armor (probably Republican Guard or some other special units).  Plus such units would work well for joint Iraqi/US missions depicting current events.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I am not sure that is a mission - The Frenchman was just doing some photography.

Yeah i know what you mean about the heavy body armour i have a pics of the armour itself used by the Iraqis. They will be added at a later date though.

How about these Kurdish female fighters?  Will you make any of Kurds?

w10.jpg

I like her SVD sniper rifle.

My kind of women.   smile_o.gif

Nice pic of Kurd fighters:

iraq_kurds.jpg

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

How about these Kurdish female fighters?  Will you make any of Kurds?

w10.jpg

I like her SVD sniper rifle.

My kind of women.   smile_o.gif

Nice pic of Kurd fighters:

iraq_kurds.jpg

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Nah we aren't doing any Kurds sad_o.gif  purely cause we are concentrating on the Iraqi army from Baghdad down to Kuwait.

But it would have been cool to have the Kurd fighters

smile_o.gif

I am not sure that is a mission - The Frenchman was just doing some photography.

Yep, its just some photography I did to show off the units. smile_o.gif

why don't you make a cooperation with the very good mod "OPERATION GOLF WAR CRISIS", wink_o.gifsmile_o.gif

look those pics

news0303_4_2004.jpg

news0107_2.jpg

news0102_7.jpg

news0102_1.jpg

gulf1.jpg

really beautiful,i don't understand why don't you wanna cooperate with them if they accept

These guys are making a fictive mod about a war between Gulf War 1 and 2.

Yes thats right - we aren't going along the same road as OPGWC and have our own different objectives - this was made clear right at the start when we first started up and OPGWC had asked about this.

Dam I forgot to comment on those iraqi troops! biggrin_o.gif

They look absolutely great! Brobably the best iraqi soldiers in OFP untill today.

I take it that those soldiers are part of the updated pack that you are going to release. The old ones were great but some minor and less minor bugs were present.

Dam I forgot to comment on those iraqi troops!  biggrin_o.gif

They look absolutely great! Brobably the best iraqi soldiers in OFP untill today.

I take it that those soldiers are part of the updated pack that you are going to release. The old ones were great but some minor and less minor bugs were present.

Yeah they are updated ones with bugs fixed - still need a little tweaking before release.

When the complete pack of Iraqi men is done it will feature fedayeen, republican guard in many camo's, republican guard military police, airforce, some navy if we can find images of any personnel but thats quite hard to find. But there will be a wide range to choose from. Thats a long way off so will be releasing this infantry teaser update pack to keep you amused for some middle east missions.

Thx for the comment tho.