Sign in to follow this  
RTR_Commander

IM:UC Mod Thread

Looking good. Helmets 1 and 11 look just like the one my brother brought back from the 91 Gulf War. (he took the 'potato sack' cover off before he came home)

3 and 11 are my favourites there.

more WIP:

the soccer field in William's blog reminded me that there's also one on our island:

pitch2bv.th.jpg

and an addition for the resistance/civilian side, a duck hunter's shotgun:

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97....MG]

it's loosely based of a photo of confiscated weapons; can't find in on the internet atm though.

AA-12 Combat shotgun, to go with our USSF troopers:

click 1

click 2

btw... does anyone know how to get the drum rotating? there's a 'buben' selection and a buben-axis in the model and the config, but still i couldn't get it working.

Are the IM:UC forums down permanently?  Every time I have tried visiting your forums they seem to be down.

they should be up and running actually... but rtr_commander should fix the broken link on the homepage which is still pointing to the gamezone.cz address, not the gamepark.cz one.

follow this one, works 100%: http://ofp.gamepark.cz/forum/index.php?showforum=139

btw, not much mod-related news to report lately unfortunately as i was on holidays.

edit: found a few WIP screenshots:

2 makarov holsters

a river promenade: 1 2

corner segment for the prison

and finally a nicely decrepit fishing boat

almost all objects shown here are fully functional, have all lods and need only few tweaking here and there, but basically they're done.

I thought you guys might be interested in knowing that there are new high-quality pictures of an Iraqi Type 69-IIC tank on Prime Portal.  There have been pictures of this very same vehicle online for years, but not of this quality.

Of note on this particular vehicle is that it is equipped with “Boom Shield†armor (it looks like a bustle rack) and a modified exhaust system.

http://www.primeportal.net/tanks....?Page=1

btw... does anyone know how to get the drum rotating? there's a 'buben' selection and a buben-axis in the model and the config, but still i couldn't get it working.

Did you make sure you have this in your config?

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">revolving="buben";

revolvingAxis="osa_buben";

@kyle: of course i had - problem was that i have an "empty" model as base and two modelspecials for the box and drum mag versions. as it turned out the rotating drum doesn't work with modelspecials. if you want you can take a look at the config though thumbs-up.gif just catch me on msn

@M9ACE[QSF] thanks a lot - i personally didn't know those pics though i've seen the boomshield before. unfortunately the t-55 and type-69 series are delayed for ArmA as the lods are still missing, incl. the driver/gunner/cargo lod. and i can't handle texturing the armor all alone plus making the infantry, anims, island objects/ground textures and so forth.

i finish as much as possible for an ofp release right now, meaning the bmd-1, mt-lb, brdm-2, iraqi infantry/crew and the USSF troopers. they are mostly done, just need final touches and a proper config. maybe the release will also include the weapon pack - depends on how much work i yet have to put in it.

given the near release of ArmA the island will not be finished for ofp - I've finished a lot of models, but not enough yet for a huge island. therefore we decided to make it a joint ArmA project with DJFrogstar from the VBS1 community who is making iraqi objects for a movie project.

maybe it would be a good idea to make a small MP island with our present objects - i'm not sure atm. what we need is an island maker with a lot of time, ready to make a small island within the next 2 weeks or so (i know it sounds rather funny...)

republican guards in french f1 jackets in lizard camo:

(NCO - MG - medic)

inf2dj3.th.jpg

and some other guys:

(on the very left and right: anti-tank units with RPG-7 and Armbrust launcher)

inf1et9.th.jpg

republican guard para units in DPM variations

(DPM Parka, f1 jackets in 4-color desert DPM, chinese reversible jacket)

inf3lg4.th.jpg

(the regular army had no para units btw.)

weapons on the pics above are from the great ORCS russian weapon pack thumbs-up.gif

i'm working primarily on the infantry atm. the MT_LBs are done, the BMD-1 is complete except a problem with the anims (check this thread)

the BRDM-2 also needs a few anims and a small MP island is in the works by olemissrebel

yeah, this is excellent. i like also those faces, really nice. i know, this is just a detail, but i'm really happy to see dust on the clothes. great job. thumbs-up.gif

Your snipers are wearing ALICE first aid kit pocuhes for magazines crazy_o.gif

4b_1_sbl.JPG

ah yeah, you're right.

have removed the buttons and gave it a strap so it looks approximately like this pouch.

new version

thanks for the hint anyway wink_o.gif

If he upload more Images, I think 1 or 2 months. wink_o.gif

And i want to ask The same question???

Because I can't Wait .  confused_o.gif   pistols.gif

They will be released as soon as cause we want to get the OFP stuff out of the way .. due to the fact we shall be moving onto ArmA when its released.

The stuff again that you will be seeing in OFP from our mod are as follows:

* BMD-1

* MT-LB

* BRDM-2

* Iraqi Soldiers

* and as far as i know a lil island to play with these units on

ah yeah, you're right.

have removed the buttons and gave it a strap so it looks approximately like this pouch.

new version

thanks for the hint anyway wink_o.gif

smile_o.gifwink_o.gif

They will be released as soon as cause we want to get the OFP stuff out of the way .. due to the fact we shall be moving onto ArmA when its released.

The stuff again that you will be seeing in OFP from our mod are as follows:

* BMD-1

* MT-LB

* BRDM-2

* Iraqi Soldiers

* and as far as i know a lil island to play with these units on

Fantastic work mate. I Look forward to them.

Were still here just things are busy at the moment with work and time leading up to xmas but dont worry we dont plan on disappearing anytime soon!

Okay to continue the discussion about the modified T55's, maybe you can help me to identify this one:

t72z_007.jpg

The picture says it's a T72Z, but it's not meant to be the Iranian Type 72Z with 105mm gun, is it?

The Type 72Z should look like this,

10_002.jpg

so I ask myself, what tank is it on the first picture?

Its a prototype - I've heard it designated as T-72Z but also as T-55QM - its a modified T-55 with a 125mm gun from a T-72 - it has an enlarged turret roof - also houses an ejection port for spent shell casings (similar to T-62 hatch) - unknown if any were made beyond this prototype - I think it was only displayed at the Baghdad 1989 Arms Expo - hope this helps.

The second image is of the Iranian T-72Z - two seperate vehicles.