Sign in to follow this  
RTR_Commander

IM:UC Mod Thread

I heard UKF and Red Hammer were making a Iraq map too why not co-op with them?

We surely dont want 5-6 maps with the same thing  tounge_o.gif

Its better to co-op with them i guess since there maps are nice and will save you guys some time and work.

But if i recall they are doing the Basra region of Iraq. This one is purely Baghdad

smile_o.gif

I have here 2 concept drawings made by our concept artist, El Richardo, they show some of the things that we are working on:

T-55

T-55 Enigma

RHS has made excellent Iraqi T55's allready. Perhaps conferring with them about using their models and textures would be a good thing to do?

RHS has made excellent Iraqi T55's allready. Perhaps conferring with them about using their models and textures would be a good thing to do?

We are going to do much more T-55 variations then they are doing, but as my mod-leader says on the IM:UC website:

Quote[/b] ]Are you going to use other mods addons with their permission?

Yes we will be using other mods addons with their permission as some of the addons we require have been done very professionally and so there is no need for us to make them again.

Any shots in progress of the Baghdad map? Will you be making new buildings for it? One thing that I'd love to see is the roadway signs that hang above the road (you know, the green or blue ones with arabic and english that say "Third Ring Road 5km" or "Turn Left for Abu Hamza Market 250m").

I have pics of some from Kuwait I can scan and upload, but I did a quick Google search of images for Baghdad and I think you guys will be able to get a lot of great info from there.

Posting 2 "concept" pics of T55's when there's just been a large pack released seems a bit of a waste.

To be honest, when I see a mod going this route, it just seems to me that it wont be very productive or ever finished.

Why not use your time to make unmade Iraqi addons?

Any shots in progress of the Baghdad map? Will you be making new buildings for it? One thing that I'd love to see is the roadway signs that hang above the road (you know, the green or blue ones with arabic and english that say "Third Ring Road 5km" or "Turn Left for Abu Hamza Market 250m").

I have pics of some from Kuwait I can scan and upload, but I did a quick Google search of images for Baghdad and I think you guys will be able to get a lot of great info from there.

No shots as yet. Not has time to start them but will do once i have my exams out the way in 1st wekk of jan. Yes there will be new buildings have a few baghdad reference pics but more are welcome (will even include some of the well known such as Saddam's palaces etc.

The roadway signs will be done as i think they look good and i want this map as accurate as much as possible.

If you would like to give me some of those pics you have pm and we can sort something out.

I can get those sort from our streets here biggrin_o.gif

Just change the street names though we wouldnt wanna be fighting in Riyadh wink_o.gif

Just change the street names though we wouldnt wanna be fighting in Riyadh  wink_o.gif

Not yet, anyway. wink_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

Just change the street names though we wouldnt wanna be fighting in Riyadh  wink_o.gif

Not yet, anyway.  wink_o.gif  crazy_o.gif

*strokes AK*

WHat do you mean? blues.gif

tounge_o.gif

Btw you IMUC guys got any screenshots of those iraqi soldiers yet? i have always wantd decent iraqis for my missions atm i am using edges res guys ....

Hi IM:UC I'm Cpl. Punishment and i head up the RHS and UKF Basra Project I was wondering do you want to co-operate in making buildings and other structures of Iraq which we can both use in each other's island, it will definatly save time on each side and it also add unity in the game instead of having different looking Iraqi sand colours.

Yet I know we are doing the region of Basra and you are primarily focusing on Bagdad we can still co-operate on making houses and other infastructure because one can assume that they will be simular in different regions of Iraq.

Btw you IMUC guys got any screenshots of those iraqi soldiers yet? i have always wantd decent iraqis for my missions atm i am using edges res guys ....

Yeah we have the 2nd beta of the heavy desert troops in progress. There are going to be many versions of the troops with camo uniforms too to reflect real life. This second beta will include an accurate helmet come bugs fixes and more improvements.

our modeller hottentotten mike has also made us a UN inspector which will be used as part of the campaign.

Will post more screens as soon as i get them.

Hi IM:UC I'm Cpl. Punishment and i head up the RHS and UKF Basra Project I was wondering do you want to co-operate in making buildings and other structures of Iraq which we can both use in each other's island, it will definatly save time on each side and it also add unity in the game instead of having different looking Iraqi sand colours.

Yet I know we are doing the region of Basra and you are primarily focusing on Bagdad we can still co-operate on making houses and other infastructure because one can assume that they will be simular in different regions of Iraq.

Yes that would be a good idea as we have many buildings to make - The more the better nice to have some variation in the civilian houses.

PM me please so we can discuss this more in detail

Here is another piece of concept art, the T-62. This is a little less known tank, but still very nice:

T-62

dam.............you can sell those concept drawings to pay for your server  wink_o.gif  wink_o.gif

We don't have one wink_o.gif

Anyway, here is a new piece of art, the PT-76B:

PT-76B

We have another nice piccy of the heavy desert troops. will show some pics also of buildings made by hottentotten mike also.

IMUC_2nd_BetaHDT.jpg