Sign in to follow this  
RTR_Commander

IM:UC Mod Thread

Hmm nice uniforms.

No offense fellows but i feel that pic didnnt do justice you got a high end PC somewhere among your members then ask them to take a high res pic cause this one looks like it was taken on a low spec machine ...

Very nice Units!  smile_o.gif

Do they use the "original" BIS-Weapons? Any other addons needed?

Great work! THX RTR!

MEDICUS

Very nice Units!  smile_o.gif

Do they use the "original" BIS-Weapons? Any other addons needed?

Great work! THX RTR!

MEDICUS

Yes "original" BIS-Weapons, except for our AKMS. But they will be replaced with our iraqi weapons pack when that is done.

Also no other addons are required - everything is in the download that you need.

Just a little update:

With the Iraqi infantry we have got them in the green uniform now. The RPG proxy has been sorted now so you can see the actual weapon.

No date on the nxt update for this teaser pack as we have the republican guard and their camo uniforms going on too and they are looking good (can't show any screens of them just yet).

Another thing had some nice objects made by hottentotten mike and i'll get the screens of them up so you can see the sort of objects you'll find in the Baghdad map

smile_o.gif

*** Update ***

We have some work in progess on our 'alpha' version iraqi troops and as you can see in the top right we have the start of a republican guard soldier in desert camo, also have an iraqi sniper and some other iraqi troops.

IMUC_irqinf.jpg

Another update as hottentotten mike has been very busy lately!

Saddam International Airport Sign:

IMUC_saddamintl_sign.jpg

Vehicle Burn Script:

IMUC_burnspt1.jpg

IMUC_burnspt2.jpg

IMUC_burnspt3.jpg

Hehe Super stuff there but are you sure the Rep guards had that camo? Can you show us perhaps a few Real life pics?

Also why is the arabic written in your texts written the opposite way? crazy_o.gif

Hehe Super stuff there but are you sure the Rep guards had that camo? Can you show us perhaps a few Real life pics?

Also why is the arabic written in your texts written the opposite way?  crazy_o.gif

Thx - About the camo yes i am 100% positive it was used by the iraqis - there are many camo's which they use and we are doing a few of them for a good representation.

But what i don't like and i am not having a dig at you acecombat is the fact just because when you see iraqi soldiers you tend to see them in the olive/green uniform it doesn't mean they don't wear other uniforms as we got a lot of stick from ppl over in the OFP.info comments system that the iraqis don't wear desert/tan coloured uniforms which is wrong because they do and have many pics of the uniform and a few of iraqis wearing them.

Here is the desert spot camo like the one pictured in our pic (not very good but is the guy who isn't facing you in the botton left hand corner you can just make out the camo) if you save and adjust the contrast you can see much more clearly:

3151367_helm.jpg

vebinhch.jpg

And also a pic of two iraqi soldiers one in camo and other in tan uniform:

iraqi_fighters030405.jpg

and i will say this only once but we are basing everything in our mod on facts and pictures - we are not making anything up and i make sure that i am very sure on what the iraqis used.

Apart from that things are going well with the iraqi men - have loads to do on that and haven't even started on the fedeyeen either.

Pics on progress will come asap.

@ Uncle Sam - No more work on LCAC as we have other priorities at the moment.

Still looking for another modeller and some texturers.

I can udnerstand RtR my knowledge of the iraqi army is shit so you'd obviously know better with the research you might have done on the units.

I can udnerstand RtR my knowledge of the iraqi army is shit so you'd obviously know better with the research you might have done on the units.

No thats ok - i was aiming more at the rude ppl who were trying to act like experts in the comments system which is now closed on OFP.info.

But have just got some rare pics on the suits for the iraqi fighter pilot and helicopter pilot.

Will be doing up a list of what the iraqi men will be in our mod.

biggrin_o.gif

Have you guys thought of updating Seademons Mig-29 to the Iraqi scheme and stuff ? smile_o.gif

The pilots gotta fly something now doesnt he wink_o.gif

Have you guys thought of updating Seademons Mig-29 to the Iraqi scheme and stuff ?  smile_o.gif

The pilots gotta fly something now doesnt he  wink_o.gif

Yeah would be good idea - not really thinking much on air at the mo but will do at some point

I dont think Iraqi pilots actually flew all that much after the 1st gulf war.  wink_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Yes but as said in our FAQ we aren't basing this on either of the gulf wars just making a fictional campaign based on the real iraqi forces

biggrin_o.gif

Are you giving them kites?  I'm not sure what else they have.

They actually at one point had a very large airforce which included Mig-29's, Mig-21's, Mig-31's, AWACS (I forget the name of the Russian Awacs), Gazelle helicopter gunhips, Mi-17's, Mi-24's, various Mirage aircraft, and more.

Footmunch may be doing a Mig-31 Foxhound (the only Iraqi aircraft to score a air to air kill during the first Gulf War).

So that would make a cool Iraqi fighter plane.

There are of coarse various Mig-29 addons floating around and hopefully someone like Seademon will let you retexture his, or perhaps even be willing to make one specifically for your mod.

For tanks and helicopters there were some old Iraqi T-55 and Mi-17 addons made awhile back. You can find all the old Iraqi addons here:

http://members.cox.net/johnnylump/OFPLinks.html

smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

are you sure about the mig-31 miles? I think you might have meant the mig-25. I dont think russia sold the mig-31 to anyone.

Ah you're right...my bad, it was a Mig-25. I seem to remember an article however that said it was a Mig-31. Oh well... nevertheless it would be cool to see that in OFP, but the only Mig-25's in OFP that I've seen weren't all that great.

sad_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

By the way, is a fixed beta of that Iraqi soldier teaser going to be released?rock.gif

It would be cool if you just released the fixed version as a generic Middle Eastern soldier.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

By the way, is a fixed beta of that Iraqi soldier teaser going to be released?rock.gif

It would be cool if you just released the fixed version as a generic Middle Eastern soldier.  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Yes it is in progress at the moment - Can't give a date of when it looks to be finished tho as the soldiers will be in the green uniform and the problems are being tweaked too.

Already got the RPG problem fixed as the proxy had been made smaller and so you couldn't see it - but is all sorted.

Wow!!! Those Iraqi units look amazing!!!!

They look VERY much like the ones I've seen on the news before the war. Excellent job!!! I can't wait to put them into combat.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>