Sign in to follow this  
ThruYerStErNuM

Unscripted war: vietnam pack

All screens

3 screenshots:

uwar_v4.jpg

uwar_v5.jpg

uwar_v6.jpg

The first 3 screenshots from my new Ia Drang Valley 'island'. If the images don't come up just click the links. They are not edited except for added brightness/gamma and decreased size.

uwar_v1.jpg

Screen 1

uwar_v2.jpg

Screen 2

uwar_v3.jpg

Screen 3

These screenshots are all taken from the same area in the Chu Prong Massif. If you look real close you might be able to tell that those weapons are modified INQ weapons, not the ones that come with the Seb nam pack.

It's not really an island, it is made to be a realistic recreation of the area around the ia drang valley. It will be many times bigger than the SEB ia drang valley, and have all new foliage and landscape textures. All landscape textures will be 1024x1024 because that DOESN'T hurt performance noticeably. Also, if you use very large weed/foliage objects, you can have what looks to be many more objects on an island when really only having the same number of objects as smaller islands have. The trick to making the island not lag is then just in making good LODs so that distant jungles have much lower quality textures and less polygons. The detailed terrain is exactly 20.6km by 25.6km in size, a 50% reduction from the real area - here is a map of the area used to show you what I mean:

uwar_v.jpg

Screen 4

The highlighted part - the part used - includes the area from the Plei Me base to and slightly beyond the Cambodian border. It takes approximately 5 minutes to fly a huey from Plei Me to LZ XRay, so MP spawning will occur at some point on the way depending on the negotiated initial game settings.

This island is being made specifically to recreate the Battle of Ia Drang using my Unscripted War scripts system, however the island will be released along with many vietnam addons so that it can be a single Addon At Ease and not require any other addons, so it won't need Seb Nam Pack 2.

If anyone wants to help me on this project email me at thruyersternum@hotmail.com

Looks nice!

If you don't see them, you have to look at them using the URL minus the http start, e.g.:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">www.pcpages.com/unscriptedw/uwar_v1.jpg

Fantastic. I have just got into the OFP Nam playing so I am really looking forward to this.

Sounds Great!!!

But can you do like aeon and the FIA mod, and make the INQ weapons not use jpg cause if they do, I have no hope being able to play with it sad_o.gif

So you have created completely new ground textures and jungle vegetation objects?

Could you take screenshots OFP date July, at time of noon... would help a bit to see how does it actually look.

make the INQ weapons not use jpg

Yes I already did that.

Quote[/b] ]So you have created completely new ground textures and jungle vegetation objects?

Yes, all new objects and textures.

Quote[/b] ]Could you take screenshots OFP date July
OK tomorrow.

Edit: although sometimes tomorrow never comes

make the INQ weapons not use jpg

Yes I already did that.

Great!

I'm really looking forward to that. Looks very good.

THANK YOU! There is hope for me playing this after all biggrin_o.gif

The island will be released along with many vietnam addons.

What kind of addons will you produce with this please?

Sounds wonderful! I can have a better place for my missions now.

Me want,

me want,

me want,

when do you expect it to be realised ThruYerStErNuM?

Hope its not to large for my pitiful 56k modem! sad_o.gif

how long til it's released. Can't wait. Looks very good. Keep up the good work! biggrin_o.gif

That looks breathtaking, really dense and detailed, my only fear is because a.i. is almost impossible to fight in dense vegetation environment, alot has been added to OPF, if only we could get better a.i.... Still outstanding work, cant wait smile_o.gif .

Are you making any new weapons?

If yes then you should really make weapons that VC used.

Common knowledge is that Vietkong used AK47 and Chicom 56.

Actually they did not use AK47 not atleast in significant numbers.

Vietkong used WW2 soviet, french and japanese weapons such as PPSH41, Mosin Nagants, MAT49, Arisaka Type99 and all WW2 american weapons.

Very old flintlock weapons that last had saw action Russo-Japanese war were also used.

These weapons were captured from japanese in WW2 and from french in Indochina War.

Americans delivered weapons to be used against japanese and Russia sold old weapons to be used against americans.

I am not asking that you should make all of them but maybe the ones that were most common and really affected outcome of the war.

WHOOOHOOOO!! AWESOME!!

Everybody, sing along;

""I see a red door and I want it painted black

no colors anymore, I want them to turn black

I see the girls walk by dressed in their summer clothes

I have to turn my head until my darkness goes

I see a line of cars and they are painted black

with flowers and my love both never to come back

I see people turn their heads and quickly look away

like a new born baby it just happens every day

I look inside myself and see my heart is black

I see my red door and it's heading into black

maybe then I'll fade away and not have to face the facts

it's not easy facing up when your whole world is black

I wanna see it painted painted, painted black, oh baby

I wanna see it painted painted, painted black, oh baby

No more will my green sea go turn a deeper blue

I could not foresee this thing happening to you

If I look hard enough into the setting sun

my love will laugh with me before the morning comes

I wanna see it painted, painted black, oh

black as night, black as coal

I wanna see the sun blotted from the sky

painted, painted, painted black oh baby

painted painted, painted black""

I'm really looking forward to this island. Could you post a birds eye view of the island, so can get a better view of what the island looks like. Vegetation looks great, as far I can tell.

Release date: September 19th depending on my ability to adjust my sleep cycle from 11 hours to 4 hours a night. Everyone seems to really eat up screens like crack so I'll put up lots more soon. Many of you obviously have not been following my "unscripted war" post in user missions which would have told you the date and more general information about this addon pack. I still have lots more work to do on mutliplayer code than on the island itself, but I will keep working like the madman I have become until it is all finished. You see, I leave for college - UCI - on the 20th so I want it done more badly than you, although I will put quality first and delay the release if I must.

I am not making new weapons, only weapon textures. Bucket man, the NVA not VC were the enemies at LZXRay, and they were all equiped with russian stuff - mostly AK47s. But if anyone has made anything appropriate to the vietnam era -weapons, vehicles-, tell me quickly and it will go in to this. The filesize currently looks like it could be 50-70mb. There will be lots of sweet music.

I didnt understand what you were making at first sorry.

I thought you were making not only Ia Trang stuff but things from Vietnam War in general.

tounge_o.gif

I am not making new weapons, only weapon textures. Bucket man, the NVA not VC were the enemies at LZXRay, and they were all equiped with russian stuff - mostly AK47s. But if anyone has made anything appropriate to the vietnam era -weapons, vehicles-, tell me quickly and it will go in to this. The filesize currently looks like it could be 50-70mb. There will be lots of sweet music.

Actually there was a mainforce VC battalion in the battle, which i believe overran some of the troops (triggering the 'Broken Arrow'), a very cool set of flash movies of what happened in the real battle:

http://www.wtj.com/articles/xray/

Ah thats actually good because I already put VC in the mix. I wil use various vietnam appropriate addons in genral like the F4 and m109 howitzer, because nomatter what I do it will almost always be 10 times more realistic than a Battlefield Vietnam or Men of Valor just by virtue of being Operation Flashpoint.

I could give the VC some I44 stuff, any suggestions besides those mentioned for WW2 equipment?