Sign in to follow this  
ThruYerStErNuM

Unscripted war: vietnam pack

Colonial Wars has some pretty good old russian weapons.

Very nice site Evis. Oddly enough those movies got me thinking about what hell that war must have been. Wet, dirty and fulll of mosquito bites. And to top that a bloody army charging at you. Makes me feel a bit sick to be honest...

This looks very nice! Excellent! wow_o.gif

And just for the record: I don't care about file sizes I just want quality. tounge_o.gif You have some hosts with fast servers I believe?

Hawkins

Thats good because now it's looking like it will be atleast a 100mb download. I figured those still playing this game don't care about addon download size.

3 new screenshots added to first post! Taken in july at noon with no added brightness/gamma this time.

Walking around this is amazing. There are weeds everywhere -they are a seperate forrest object from the foliage and smaller trees. The larger trees are not in forrest objects because they are way too huge, they have to be put in groups within single objects.

Everyone worries about the performance, just don't worry. It's like playing on Nogova with the view distance turned up about %50. As always, if it runs too slow on your machine, you can just turn down your graphics settings.

I have to delay the release date, sorry. But with the delay will come extra work on the object LODs which will improve performance and visual quality. BUT DON'T WORRY: I can always release some of the already finished jungle objects and textures for those of you who want to use these objects in your own islands. I just need somewhere to upload. It would be great if someone would buy me a good 200mb web hosting account so I could upload new and changed stuff as I complete it.

Of course you could always host it on BitTorrent so the people who dl it would provide the upstream at the same time.. wink_o.gif

Also from ofpvault when it comes out if he allows me to host for him. :/

and of cousre i did offer you a Website, with 100 GIG bandiwth a month and 2.5gig webspacve a month

This might be the wrong place to put this but your one unscripted war mission is on meekong island i looked for it, but i can't find it were can i get it? Any way the island looks great! i'm making a mission on seb's ia drang valley island i'm go'n to transfer the mission to your island when it comes out.

Keep up the good work!

Would it be possible to split the download into two parts? You could have the island as one dl and the units as another.

No need to split it just use a download accelarator.

A download accelerator? What's that?!

Besides, I only got a 56k.

I already got a stable connection biggrin_o.gif .

And ThruYerStErNuM, release more pics!!!

But if anyone has made anything appropriate to the vietnam era -weapons, vehicles-, tell me quickly and it will go in to this. The filesize currently looks like it could be 50-70mb. There will be lots of sweet music.

I made some times ago an addon for Vietnam theater : AEOmisc

If you want to incorporate it or re-use it, you have my permission and support smile_o.gif

Me want pics!

Me want pics!

Me want pics!

1. Pics of LZ Albany wow_o.gif .

2. Pics of LZ X-Ray (Does it have a creekbed?)

It was said that the island was delayed from this Wednesday to sometime later sad_o.gif . So, what's the new ETA on the pack?

The only thing DAP does is provide a stable resumable download.

Thats very true, but on a 56k modem when you are downloading large files...that's important! smile_o.gif

Arrgh! wow_o.gif

Looks tasty!

Right now I´m trying to sneak into your Pc. tounge_o.gif

D**m I hit my head on a server. Oh no! Wrong turn now I´m somewhere in China. biggrin_o.gif

Hey can you send me those already made objects. i'm makeing my first island and its going to be a thing for nam stuff. its not made after any place in nam cuz its my first island.

M109s weren't that big in Vietnam (IIRC). Battle of IA Drang had some M101s.

(oh yeah, if you're making a big set of vietnam missions and are looking for an artillery addon that works right, drop me an email dinger@thechainofcommand.com)

I made some times ago an addon for Vietnam theater : AEOmisc

If you want to incorporate it or re-use it, you have my permission and support smile_o.gif

I havent dloaded this yet 'cos i have a monthly limit to dloads sad_o.gif

What this Aeon?

Um, it was said that this island was planned for release about two days ago. Now, I know it was delayed, but can it be said what a tentative release date might be now?

Either a tentative release date or some new pics would be good. Both would be great.

Ahh I had to leave for college at UCI. Lots of extra sidetracking busy work you know how it goes. I'll need more time to be able to give an estimate on the release date now. Some objects will be released this week.