Sign in to follow this  
ThruYerStErNuM

Unscripted war: vietnam pack

Quote[/b] ]Also the lack of any paypal donations influenced my decision hint hint - beta testing to whoever is nicest.

Hmmmm rock.gif

he can keep it if he has an attitude like that....just another smoke and mirrors show as far as I'm concerned...

Hmm. not very encouraging news sad_o.gif

I am not very dissapointed or suprised at the delay, but the paypal thing was a bit over the top.

Also the lack of any paypal donations influenced my decision hint hint - beta testing to whoever is nicest. unclesam.gif

It's very disappointing that people like this one are among us sad_o.gif

In news pertaining to The Unsung cooperative with Thru'

we will have alot more vegetation and such, we are currently working on two vietnam era tanks (M41, and M48)...

and i believe that by a month from now we will have overhauled all the textures in Thru's Unscripted War pack and you all will have alot more fun playing it... or at least i hope so. biggrin_o.gif

We also plan to have The Unsung sky addon completed for at least a release of Beta v1.2 to go out with (or at the same time) the Unscripted War release, to add to the Vietnam atmosphere.

I personally havent even played it either folks (though im sure i could have if i wanted, so i guess im not as eager to see it as yall, i more wanted the island, and we will make it even better before the official release,) so keep you composure, patience is a virtue. Im sure if we all give him more time to perfect the UW experience, it will be well worth it.

So keep your heads up folks. I remember waiting up all night for the INV44 release way back... I feel your pain, but we plan to have it much improved over the next month.

(p.s. I dont have anything to do with the donations)

Great work, i like your work and the vietnam addons, please contact my leviathan@clanedm.com i am very interesting in your addons and i need your pack for my clan www.clanedm.com I could contribute in your work if you want, I am a lover of the operation flashpoint and of the war of the vietnam. I have 2 members of clan edm we have 2 members of the clan edm that can help in the maps creation. We are preparing a campaign for our clan that will be different to all the other campaigns, it will be multiplayer and it will be real there won't be respawn neither anything related with the current online games. But we needed the unsung addons pack for this campaign. Please contact my. We have a dedicated server for this campaign.

p.d. Gratefulness to the creators of unsung war to offer us the possibility to have an island like the one that I saw in the screen. Please throw a demo so that we see their great work.

Leviathan [E.D.M] Squad

http://www.clanedm.com

leviathan@clanedm.com

edm@clanedm.com

Take your time TYS - I know it'll be worth the wait. planning to indulge in a little KOTOR myself over Xmas smile_o.gif

...folks the paypal thing's just a running joke, don't worry, I'm sure TYS won't hold us to ransom biggrin_o.gif

indeed, you dont need to take it seriously. I could re word it for offending people but ive been requoted 4 times already  wow_o.gif it was pretty late last night give me a break

As i mentioned anyone who needs some objects for an island in production can have them - get this - free of charge.

eehee my first flashpoint controversy

Let the new year start great for ofp gamers! Looking forward to january!!

Also the lack of any paypal donations influenced my decision hint hint - beta testing to whoever is nicest. unclesam.gif

It's very disappointing that people like this one are among us sad_o.gif

Hey, take it easy everybody. Many people do this; ThruYerStErNuM just reminded community's millionaires where and how to support poor addon maker... wink_o.gif

BTW Ucee did the same thing (I still recall sentence in one of his readmes: "I am not doing this for my artistic pleasure, so anybody willing to support my studies make donation..."). Or how about people running useful OFP-related sites? Such people are doing so much for community, all the hosting, server handling and stuff. I am sure they should have certain possibility to improve their budget (and I am sure such people dont abuse those 20-bucks-per-month donations wink_o.gif ).

And since it is not compulsory to donate, I find this okay. You should not wonder ThruYerStErNuM's attitudes, he probably needs some new hardware to be able to handle all those palm trees biggrin_o.gif Maybe he just should have thought twice before posting it in a bad context...

But back on-topic: I only hope that this island will not end up that oversized as BAS Tonal. I do not think that travelling 25 km through dense jungle would be that fun, not speaking about the "10-frames-per-day" lag. I would suggest to focus on interresting locations and wise use of standard amount of space.

Two thumbs up, TYS, and keep it going! smile_o.gif

Any chance u can post some scrennies up of LZ X-ray and L-Albany and Plei mei Camp biggrin_o.gif

biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

But back on-topic: I only hope that this island will not end up that oversized as BAS Tonal. I do not think that travelling 25 km through dense jungle would be that fun, not speaking about the "10-frames-per-day" lag. I would suggest to focus on interresting locations and wise use of standard amount of space.

Two thumbs up, TYS, and keep it going! smile_o.gif

Yea! keep it going! And keep in mind that it should run on a "normal" PC!

BTW: Guys! What's wrong about this donation thing? He can ask about it - if you don't want to give any money you don't need to!

Any chance u can post some scrennies up of LZ X-ray and L-Albany and Plei mei Camp  biggrin_o.gif

biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

nice idea! is this possible TYS? would be great! ...especially LZ X-RAY!

Quote[/b] ]Yea! keep it going! And keep in mind that it should run on a "normal" PC!

When you make a jungle island, you can either make it look good and have everyone with a mediocre computer whine at you, or you can make crappy foliage that plays well and then have everyone with a powerful computer complaining that it looks like crap (And it would sad_o.gif ). If TYS makes great looking plants for his island, please respect his hard work and don't complain because it's laggy. Jungle islands are laggy by their very nature. I hope that one day people understand this and stop making demands which are often absurd ("I want it to look great, and I want it to play well on a minimum spec computer" tounge_o.gif ).

Well, right. It depends on what you understand in "normal" PC. I think it's unrealistic to have a minimum requirement of 2,5 GHz. rock.gif

Quote[/b] ]Well, right. It depends on what you understand in "normal" PC. I think it's unrealistic to have a minimum requirement of 2,5 GHz.

He can do what he wants to do. I'll still be able to use it tounge_o.gif .

Edit - Maybe just 2 GHz biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Yea! keep it going! And keep in mind that it should run on a "normal" PC!

When you make a jungle island, you can either make it look good and have everyone with a mediocre computer whine at you, or you can make crappy foliage that plays well and then have everyone with a powerful computer complaining that it looks like crap (And it would sad_o.gif ). If TYS makes great looking plants for his island, please respect his hard work and don't complain because it's laggy. Jungle islands are laggy by their very nature. I hope that one day people understand this and stop making demands which are often absurd ("I want it to look great, and I want it to play well on a minimum spec computer" tounge_o.gif ).

Finally someone with a voice of reason. I thought I was the only one who had a lick of common sense. After working with ST on the Ia Drang island and Nag on Tonal, there is no friggin way to make a jungle island that looks somewhat "real" (as in fully vegatated) and run on anything less than a high end machine. Just not possible. I'm looking forward to this island and can't wait to see how the lod/viewdistance/detail problem is tackled, especially since the screens look packed with foliage.

Like you said, people will complain about anything. If it's not a dense jungle people will say it should have more plants. If it has more plants people will say it's laggy. Same with texture quality. It's a hell of a balancing act and I hope ThruYerStErNuM pulls it off.

I'll second what m21man and Ebud says! I have an old Athlon XP1900+/GF2 and I am glad that the jungles on Tonal runs like molasses on it.

I also hope this new island runs even worse. And no, I am not being sarcastic.

Does that sound strange? Perhaps. Me, I see it as two islands to enjoy even more in the future, when I can afford a faster computer and/or graphics card.

So bring it on, and take your time, TYS! biggrin_o.gif

(zips up asbestos suit)

Hello Thru, is it possible to get some of this awaysome stuff. Im just making my own island and i´m search for large Plants and grass fields, too. I would be very pleased if i may get any of your objects!

Please, send me an email...

MFG, Phobos

hey buddy,

Thru doesnt check this too often i dont think, email him, he did tell me that he gives vegetation out to select few who ask him personally... he gave us a copy :P

Any new units ?

Some of the SEB NAM2 wasnt so good, but the choppers was perfect.