Sign in to follow this  
ThruYerStErNuM

Unscripted war: vietnam pack

Quote[/b] ]Thru was polite enough to give "The Unsung" team a copy

How big is the island? How are the plant/ground textures when compared with Tonal?

Its actually quite large. Some plant and ground textures need a bit of touch up, but Drow has a hold of them and he'll make it all better. Overall the island is a beautiful scene and extremely vegetated.

Nov 30th is looking good. The only thing that I'm not sure about is the multiplayer unscripted war mission. I may have to postpone the ability to play as the VC/NVA.

I released a demonstration island, about 1/5th the size of my Ia Drang island, with many objects to the unsung team. There's lots more. Paypal donations will still make me more willing to release things early to certain individuals...

Using tall weeds as cover, sneaking up on VC in randomly generated villages in a seemingly limitless dense jungle - maybe it is all just tailored to be exactly what I want in a game, but I haven't felt this immersed in a game ever before.

I want to release this with all the best vietnam stuff available, so whatever The Unsung has done by then should come with.

High detail screen

Great news TYS. Unscripted War is The Stuff Of Life (& Death ghostface.gif  )!

(cornhelium scurries away to get coursework done before the 30th...)

OFP's been begging for a good Vietnam island, and I think we're about to get it biggrin_o.gif .

I (and maybe a few others too biggrin_o.gif ) still have this frear of lag. :o SEB's Ia Drang doesn't lag for me, but this baby has more vegetation and it's bigger ( ? ) too so... On what specs do you run this baby? I would love to sneak through that jungle with my:

900Mhz AMD Duron

Geforce 3 Ti 200

640Mb RAM

smile_o.gif

Hawkins

I (and maybe a few others too biggrin_o.gif ) still have this frear of lag. :o SEB's Ia Drang doesn't lag for me, but this baby has more vegetation and it's bigger ( ? ) too so... On what specs do you run this baby? I would love to sneak through that jungle with my:

900Mhz AMD Duron

Geforce 3 Ti 200

640Mb RAM

smile_o.gif

Hawkins

Maybe some few traces of lag, and lag with soldiers. I run a 600mhz Voodoo5 here, and it lags a little without soldiers, and alot with, but I'm getting a fragbox!!! MUHAHAHHA crazy_o.gif

Specs of a Fragbox Pro:

2.80 Ghz

ATi Radeon 9800 Pro

1024MB DDR Memory

All for a nice price of $1795 biggrin_o.gif

Hmm so with a nice combination of bodydelete and unit creation scripts this should run pretty smooth on my comp. biggrin_o.gif Waiting for the release... smile_o.gifblues.gifunclesam.gif

Hawkins

The foliage in the demo island is fairly good, but the thickness of the jungle is very impressive and allows for nasty firefights biggrin_o.gif . I initially thought that it was horrendously laggy, but that was because I had set viewdistance to 5000 meters tounge_o.gif . Once I took my viewdistance down to 1000, everything was fine. Besides, you can turn your viewdistance down to minimum and still enjoy the jungle, it looks just as good at 500m as it does at 1000m.

Ofp Comp biggrin_o.gif :

3.2GHz P4

1Gb RAM

128Mb Radeon Pro

I can only dream of a new comp since I need to save money to buy a car. :P blues.gif

Hawkins

The foliage in the demo island is fairly good, but the thickness of the jungle is very impressive and allows for nasty firefights biggrin_o.gif . I initially thought that it was horrendously laggy, but that was because I had set viewdistance to 5000 meters tounge_o.gif . Once I took my viewdistance down to 1000, everything was fine. Besides, you can turn your viewdistance down to minimum and still enjoy the jungle, it looks just as good at 500m as it does at 1000m.

Ofp Comp biggrin_o.gif :

3.2GHz P4

1Gb RAM

128Mb Radeon Pro

why do convo's like these always turn into the...

'My cock is bigger than yours'

...argument... if you've got a powerful pc, then woopi-doo-daa. Keep it to yourself... no1 cares... honestly... no1

I'm guessing you're either:

A. A humble person with a better computer, who's trying to prevent bragging on the forums.

B. Someone with a technological inferiority complex. Hey, I feel insecure around Athlon 3200 users, but I don't bitch about it.

From the woop-i-doo-das and such, I'm guessing it's B.

my computer is adequate for its purpouses, but i don't feel the need to tell the world what specs i have...

its seems a needless waste of forum space and bandwidth to post your pc specs in a thread that has arse all to do with it... maybe the initial comment of how laggy it was warrented a reply by the maker and the questioner... but why the rest had to join in the bragging, i can't understand...

and as for being a:

'Someone with a technological inferiority complex. Hey, I feel insecure around Athlon 3200 users, but I don't bitch about it.'

there are many replies i could give you... but that would be unconstructive tounge_o.gif

anyways... its a very very nice island, and something that will make a real impact to the ofp community - however it runs on any spec computer wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]however it runs on any spec computer

*m21man tries to play the UWAR demo on his 400 MHz. When the smoke clears...*

Sooo.... (What the hell they been taking...)

Is this island still going to be a ficticional multiperpous terrain? So I can use it as Velize or Borneo? biggrin_o.gif or anything like that?

Maybe instead of adding labels on the map that will obviously make it harder to belive it is somewhere else make a Jpg map file and put all info on that, then include it in the download.

I would like to make some South America maps on it and if it has plei boiu and mekong etc all over the map it can loose some ambience.

Quote[/b] ]I would like to make some South America maps on it and if it has plei boiu and mekong etc all over the map it can loose some ambience.

He's developing it from actual terrain data.

At Nightstalker we've got a Colombia map in the works biggrin_o.gif . That'll should provide you with some South American action!

columbia sounds like a great map. I'm going for its the Jungle feel of vietnam, but in a modern setting and nice drug fields, mansions etc etc - the whole happy shappy blues.gifunclesam.gifghostface.gif

NOV 30th

OH BOY!!! OH BOY!!! OH BOY!!! OH BOY!!! OH BOY!!! wow_o.gif

just how big will the zip/Rar be. and will those addons be with it.

OH BOY!!! OH BOY!!! OH BOY!!! OH BOY!!! wow_o.gif