Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

New bas thread

I wonder if BAS tanks are of the same quality as Sigmas , gotta give him credit hes the only one in the community so far who has impressed me with his skills on that area ....

Its a challenge for BAS and i know they dont dissapoint us so ...  biggrin_o.gif

Try AKM74's APC pack. They are VERY nice too smile_o.gif I am looking forward to the desert pack, even more to the eventual Woodland version smile_o.gif i dont like desert scenarios that much but i am sure it will be fun anyway smile_o.gif

DM, since the rangers are getting totally reworked theres still no chance of the animated night vision goggles (on the 160th SOAR) on the rangers?

O and this is a little offtopic that i couldnt find on the site or anywhere..

do the Rangers use the Eotech 552? I couldnt find any info on this all the websites says they use the Sopmod M4 Variants. But since Delta recently uses the Eotech did the rangers get the upgrade for these too or are they still ACOG/Reflex?

NVG's are possible, infact, likely. I have made a PVS-14 model so hopefully i'll get round to fitting it. And the Rangers are still using the Reflex/Acog, its just the Delta that are using the Eotech (in the pack).

thank god! those BIS NV goggles looked like shit from the fist day I saw them ingame. Not that BIS is to blame, though; those NV goggles were used in during the 80's and they really look like that tounge_o.gif

Tanks - as Blackdog suggested, he is wrong...

We [bAS] are working with Sigma to improve his US series of MBT's, and add the extra effort where he isnt able to provide it (due to work for other mod teams such as RHS and OpNorthstar)

They will have new interiors, and they will now be realistically representing their real life counterparts in both model and config features.

We hope that by working closely with Sigma we can "match" our values to those of RHS, and the other main tank packs out there by using Sigmas advanced method of calculating the armour, weapon power and by using real-life statistics for the tanks.

Sigma didnt make the tanks "for" BAS, but we decided to co-operate on the project to produce the best addons for us, and you, the end user.

Nice to hear that some coop is happening between you people meaning we get Sigma-6's quality work + BAS = Major breakthrough expected biggrin_o.gif .

Also good to see is that there might be some level of similarity and realisticness in armor values empployed by both RHS and BAS making battles in OFP much more realistic and fun. I'd hate to see awkward values leading to unreal results ....

/Pictures a T-55 smashing a Abrams tounge_o.gif

Nice to hear that some coop is happening between you people...

Its just a shame some people (who will go unnamed, but they know who they are) feel it is best to try and stop/prevent these co-op efforts sad_o.gif

shame on them mad_o.gif  Co-op between mod-teams is a very good thing. It also means sharing information about how stuff is done ect, ect. Only meaning that in the end we, the end users, will get more high-quality addons to play with.

Question for ya BAS;

You will make the M1025 HMMWV, but will you also make the M1043?? Instead of the M1043 you could also make the M1109 or M1114 up-armored HMMWV's. (these were used by SFOR and KFOR, for example)

And with hidden selctions you could also do the M1026, but that would only be a little detail.

OMG here come the Hummer lovers with their innumerable varients of HMV's crazy_o.gif

I'd be happy with just some decent ones mainly TOW and M-249 smile_o.gif

Dunno if we will do a Hummer with an M249, we MIGHT do an open one with a 249, but no guarentees...

Uparmoured Hummers - possibly, again, no promises.

ok, little explenation for acecombat;

M1025: Armament carrier with basic armor

M1026: Armament carrier with basic armor with winch

M1043: Armament carrier with supplemental armor

M1044: Armament carrier with supplemental armor with winch

(X)M1109: Up-armored HMMWV, prototype 1993, 159 built. Used in Haiti,, Somalia, Bosnia and Kosovo.

M1114: Further development of the (X)M1109. Based on the M1113 Expanded Capacity Vehicle HMMWV which was developed to provide a vehicle with greater payload to allow for heavier armor packages and shelter. The M1114 also has a new ring-mount with the hatch opening to the rear (instead of the side as on ealier HMMWV's). This hatch can now be locked in the upright position providing the gunner with protection from the rear. Will widely replace the M1025 as an armament carrier. 1800 ordered by the US.

it is sure that there wont be TOW version, engine problems you know

So, the thing could just turn around without advancing like tanks? wink_o.gif

A "offtopic" question to BAS:

I saw a docu about the Apache AH64.

I allways wondering about, how could they attack targets with unguided missiles while they are hoovering, cause in ofp all missiles are flying to the sky.

Then I saw that the rocketpods are moving up/down.

ah-64-980902-A-2839B-001.jpg

Is this "feature" possible in ofp?

Hope this is not to offtopic.

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

ok, little explenation for acecombat;

M1025: Armament carrier with basic armor

M1026: Armament carrier with basic armor with winch

M1043: Armament carrier with supplemental armor

M1044: Armament carrier with supplemental armor with winch

(X)M1109: Up-armored HMMWV, prototype 1993, 159 built. Used in Haiti,, Somalia, Bosnia and Kosovo.

M1114: Further development of the (X)M1109. Based on the M1113 Expanded Capacity Vehicle HMMWV which was developed to provide a vehicle with greater payload to allow for heavier armor packages and shelter. The M1114 also has a new ring-mount with the hatch opening to the rear (instead of the side as on ealier HMMWV's). This hatch can now be locked in the upright position providing the gunner with protection from the rear. Will widely replace the M1025 as an armament carrier. 1800 ordered by the US.

the army just order 3000,

by next year every hummer in iraq will be a m1114 if every thing goes according to plan

Edit2 : Not possible in OFP I'm afraid Lee sad_o.gif

It might be possible, but than the machinegun wouldn't be working cause you can only have one turret. Could be implemented in OFP2. But it's really just a minor thing.

I told AngusHeaf this idea for a desert (insert peeved/angry smiley here) HMMWV with TOW.

What about having the HMMWV have to come to a full stop, use an action menu action to 'supported' mode, and then switch to a static model where driver would then be commander in the static 'turret', the gunner would still be gunner. Cargo would either be ejected or stay in as cargo. I believe they have to come to a full stop IRL to fire.