then they got the rover

updating stuff

seal teams

theyll never stop working till ofp 2 comes out

they can pull out close protection group if they get bored

1st SF group if they want

endless i say

me im just waiting patiently for updated d/r

they deserve rest after that massive work and all, remember ppl, for free. i wont ask questions on this thread till 2 weeks

smile_o.gif

have fun with ur addons now bas

i hear ur mp server is full most of the time ill just stick with the sp wink_o.gif

they deserve rest after that massive work and all, remember ppl, for free. i wont ask questions on this thread till 2 weeks

smile_o.gif

have  fun with ur addons now bas

Yep, that's so true. People who start asking when the next addon is out on the SAME DAY as BAS release something they've been working on for ages just really grate for me.

Great work BAS. Thankyou. smile_o.gif

Well You guy's are here for a year and no fancy suprises and now when no one suspects it you released the Best ( Well The last is the best wink_o.gif )

But maybe if you completed the Projects that we know ( as public comunity ) about you guy's could do some thing special like a big BAS party tounge_o.gif Futhering: Tigershark with his crew...Dont miss the big BAS part. wink_o.gif

I was merely wondering what happened to the Desert Pack. There were a couple of news pieces about it, and then it vanished without a trace. I was mainly wondering if there were plans to have a special set of vehicles textured for the jungles of Tonal. I'm sure Nagual's campaign will feature more than cameo appearances by the BAS special forces soldiers biggrin_o.gif ...

Its still there, like people have been saying, give us a break for a while, and we'll be back in full swing...

Quote[/b] ]give us a break for a while, and we'll be back in full swing...

How about until people start to get bored with the island. Wait a minute, that'll be in five years at the minimum...

Great Island, far better than Nogova biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif .

Look im not a representitive of BAS but if you guys have any comments about branches of the service please keep them to your self this forum topic is for BAS addons not cheap shots at armed forces branchs

Ohhh, someone is pissy...

Thanks USmarine for aiming that comment at me. It was merely a joke, please don't get upset.

Now, a cheap shot at an armed forces branch would go something like this.

"Hey UsMarine408, don't you know that the marine insignia is just a seagull with an anchor shoved up it's ass yelling 'Go Navy'"

But I'm above such comments  biggrin_o.gif

BAS, this island rocks. Me love you long time.

Sweet_pup

This is the BAS thread. Please keep non-BAS related comments out of here, especially flaming and flame-baiting.

Also, please keep Tonal and OPFOR comments/suggestions in the other thread if relevant, thanks.

Deadmeat did you manage 'to twist' Angusheaf's arm and get the Chapparel revetment modelled? If so will they be included as part of the armor pack?

I'm sure Nagual's campaign will feature more than cameo appearances by the BAS special forces soldiers biggrin_o.gif ...

I would think that they´re the main characters...

sorry fubar, when I posted the tonal reference I thought I was in the other thread.

But, I have a question that is BAS related, which maybe have been answered in the past 80 pages.

Will the new Delta/Ranger pack have them using their rifles more at close range? Nothing more humiliating than half the team switching from rifle to pistol eight times before getting popped by some 3rd world camel jockey.

Sweet_pup

they said the rangers only the officer will have the hg

the deltas though i dont know

they were talking about making the deltas pull out their pistols only at 1m away

dunno though that was discussed on the old bas thread

i really believe we should give this thread a rest till a week or 2

they just released a 115mb addon! they need rest, or just more compliments not more questions

the less we question the more they give

wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]the less we question the more they give

Sound logic

Thanks for the answer Ruff. It's just something I thought of after watching one of my D-boy buddies get gunned down  crazy_o.gif

Sweet_pup

Sorry, I just couldn't resist.

THIS IS JUST AN IDEA

BAS members are not obligated to reply, I just wanted to kick this around the community.

For the new D/Rs would it be possible to include a "Under Cover" Delta. How can I describe this...

Desert One-

If you've ever read Eric Haney's Inside Delta Force he gives a pretty good description of the events at desert one.

Now, here is where my idea comes into play.

I know for a fact, that delta are not always decked out in plastic hockey helmets and carrying tricked out assault rifles. It just doesn't work like that. Sometimes, you need to get close to the enemy. Wearing civilian clothes helps. Other times, you can't let the enemy know who you are. Running in shouting "Delta" wearing an american flag on your chest kinda fucks that one up.

In real life, if you fuck up. You fuck up everyone else.

That's why I would suggest, just as an idea, attire similar to this:

Delta (Urban Assault) 1

Delta (Urban Assault) 2

(IF THE PICS REQUIRE A USERNAME/PASSWORD, TYPE "mm")

No, that's not me. This is from a website called military morons. I had found a picture of the uniforms worn by the Desert One raiders a while back, but this is the closest I can come.

One more time, This Is Just An Idea. Don't jump all over me cause I don't care for the current D-boy Uniforms.

I'm a Nightstalker man anyhow.

Sweet_pup

i think the guys look great... but if i was an soldier in another country id still know that that guy looksvery "American" first off.. nothing looks like an M4 or sounds like one... then were basically the only country who uses that desert camo as a default...

nice idea though.. i like it.. a stripped down delta. Personally id just like to see the facecovers on the Snipers of the delta's placed on all the deltas Silenced soldiers... just makes more sense to me.

I think they would look great as well. I don't think it will make it into the new deltas, but possibly some future units. Maybe another Seal team or SF's, and thats a maybe, but not the current rework of the deltas that are already in production.

Thanks for the feedback. I do appreaciate it.

Landwarrior- I understand what you mean. In Desert one they had the black jackets, and blue jeans. Not only that, but they were carrying mostly HK weapons, alot of G3s, not sure why. The only factor left would be skin color, and I believe they wore face camo.

Ebud- Actually, I think that pic is supposed to represent a CIA spook, It just say's Afganistan SF. So who knows. Delta being the United State's premier counter-terror unit, it came to mind first.

But like I said, I'm a nightstalker at heart. I'ed be much more emotional about.... ohhh, I dunno, *Cough Fast roping/ rappelling off H-6 Little Birds...

A) No....?

B) Not gonna happen pup...?

C) Give up you pathetic creature...?

Was worth a try

MH-6fastropeLCU.jpg

Sweet_pup

Why not have fast roping for the Little Birds? They've got a nice script for the fast roping from MH-60s, so they could update the MH-47 with this version and also use the script on the MH-6. I love the point-n-click method that the script lets you choose your drop site with.

i think the guys look great... but if i was an soldier in another country id still know that that guy looksvery "American" first off.. nothing looks like an M4 or sounds like one... then were basically the only country who uses that desert camo as a default...

yeah true

but i believe america still sends sf soldiers, especially delta on special activities missions

where they dont wear an american flag and deny they are working for the country

yet they wear all crazy weapons and the same uniform as the us sf soldier

would it be allowed if some 1 decided to edit the deltas to wear jumpers and head socks and no american flag if they asked permission?

i  personally dont wanna attempt it

cpp is just too hard for me

editing addons to my specification on account took me 4 hours

and that was using the delta ranger cpp which is the easiest and nicest layout ever, just to make a squad of bas soldeirs which could heal and are equipped with different weapons

but couldnt takeout out the ranger insignia on the cover ranger though

Yes M21man, I agree.

But, the powers that be at BAS have said, "No no puppy, not today" And I accept that.

Must keep thread alive

Sweet_pup

I know that I was one of the folks rallying for MH-60L's with the doors removed...

Could we possibly expect a version in the future with the doors? and possibly a fuel probe...?

I just mainly don't want this thread to die...

Sweet_pup

I just mainly don't want this thread to die...

It will not die, if there if something new to report from bas there is always someone that posts a new reply wink_o.gif