Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

New bas thread

Deadmeat i dont know if you actully know this or not but sigma's  Abrams which you are modifying/remaking  has a big bug with 2003 m1a2 ammo values in that they are far far to powerful. Because currently it will take out an oplot with a single shot the oplot dosent even stand a chance, even though it has the same 120mm cannon crazy_o.gif. This is highly in acurate as the Oplot should at least match the M1a2 on fire and probably has better armour.

I would hate to think that we have a situation where this thing can wipe out anything it goes up against even allegedly

superior soviet armour sad_o.gif

I hope BAS better be looking this over , i dont want any such situation since i usually prefer commie tanks to drive biggrin_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

@Dkraver: If you look at the site (specifiaclly the news archives) you will see the rest of my post, which reads:

Quote[/b] ]I would also like to take this oppertunity to announce that there will also be a woodland version of this pack, coming soon after the Desert version has been released. The Woodland pack will include not only "Woodland" versions of the vehicles, but also "Woodland/Desert" vehicles. As seen on modern operations, Woodland camoflagued vehicles are used in a desert/sandy environment, and become coated in a layer of dust.

@ruff: Delta's AI is allready "superior" to that of the "normal" AI, so no further changes will be made there.

@Aj_Addons: we are aware of these bugs (since we, well I, speak to Sigma on a fairly regular basis) and they will be addressed correctly.

@Ace: Please don't demand, its not nice sad_o.gif

Hehe i wasnt demanding actually just requestin that you look in to it .... smile_o.gif

I hope you and Sigma do work this through.

@ruff: Delta's AI is allready "superior" to that of the "normal" AI, so no further changes will be made there.

cool

but wat about the handgun script? is there ne plans for it or will it be set to normal?

Did BAS update the little birds yet? Or is it just my version that needs up to date. newlb.jpg

I know they were going to change how they hold their guns, but I never hear if they got it out yet.

In my version they still hold their guns the old way and not like in this pic.

i think this question's answer is quite clear,

BAS simply have sooooo many things to do and not really get time on those updates so lets be clear:

Wait my friend, they will show up when they are ready..............

Work is still ongoing on that project. I've had quite a few emails from people wondering why their littlebirds they downloaded a while ago havent changed to use the new animations, as though they were expecting some kind of remote update...it simply does not happen like that, the addon needs to be released before there will be a change.

Work is still ongoing on that project. I've had quite a few emails from people wondering why their littlebirds they downloaded a while ago havent changed to use the new animations, as though they were expecting some kind of remote update...it simply does not happen like that, the addon needs to be released before there will be a change.

gnihihi

now THAT would be service wink_o.gif

so, an we expect new eyecandy FX on the LBs, as seen on the hawks, besides the new animations?

yay aces!

now this will make those perfect helos even more fun to fly with.

btw: the littlebirds were the first BAS release and i still can´t stop puttin them in almost every mission i make smile_o.gif

Guest jacobaby

The LB's have new textures, and there will be one or two new features.

Its just finding the time for them now sad_o.gif

TJ

nice to hear that, TJ. just take your time dude wink_o.gif

something i discovered a while back was that you can flare- land the blackhaks with 40+ km/h while other choppers crash at 30+ speed, hitting softly the ground. so i was thinking of something:

could it be possible to modify the appropriate LOD section of the skids and/ or wheels of choppers so that they´d be able to slide/roll on them, simulating the real thing.

the wheels wouldn´t need to be fully functional, since this is an engine limit on choppers anyways.

but better skid- handling would be something really cool.

the littlebirds would have another big advantage since they could quick insert troops even faster- which would balance their vulnerable armor.

what you think? may this be possible?

Deadmeat i dont know if you actully know this or not but sigma's  Abrams which you are modifying/remaking  has a big bug with 2003 m1a2 ammo values in that they are far far to powerful. Because currently it will take out an oplot with a single shot the oplot dosent even stand a chance, even though it has the same 120mm cannon crazy_o.gif. This is highly in acurate as the Oplot should at least match the M1a2 on fire and probably has better armour.

I would hate to think that we have a situation where this thing can wipe out anything it goes up against even allegedly

superior soviet armour sad_o.gif

Who hold your hroses the OPLOT and The Abrams does not have the same Gun The Abrams has the Riematall M256(i Think) 120mm Smothbore and the OPLOT uses some other 120mm smothbore gun tho it can fire the same ammo.

And I think the amour should be about the same (frontal turret amour).

STGN

BAS dudes-

I know that this was mentioned early on, but I never found this resource in the addons themselfs.

Infra-red strobes.

I know it sounds like no big deal, but it would be a kick ass feature. Flying on tonal with NVGs is a bitch, you guys did great at making those trees "Spring out of nowhere". But it's even harder to locate targets/LZs with no marker.

Now, here is my question: Would it be possible to make some type of Infra-red marker, or maybe a large triangular orange panel that could be placed in the game to identify Targets and Friendlies?

I'm not sure with how OFP works from an editing standpoint, but it would be kick ass. From what I've seen BAS do in the past (the entire 160th series, Delta, Rangers) if anyone can do it, you guys can.

Merc

There is a IR Strobe in the Blackhawk pack, but as of yet it is not throwable...

We will be investigating the possibility of making a throwable one for future soldier packs.

(It'll PROBABLY be in the De/Ra update, but as usual, no promises...)

Is the IR strobe in the Mission Editor? or does it require a script.

I remembered you guys talking about putting one in, but I didn't see it in the editor or the read me.

Merc

Its part of the inbuilt scripting on the MH-60s.

Place one ingame, with you as a soldier on the ground, the helicopter in the air flying (in your group). Set the time to night, and select night extraction from the action menu (i'd suggest having a pair of nvg's too wink_o.gif

Thanks Deadmeat,

That is kickass! I just played as a D-boy, and it looked cool.

Is there any chance of a stationary one in the future, I was hoping to place them on a map for Better visability of friendlies during Little Bird and DAP gun runs.

Thanks again for the quick and informative response,

Merc

Hopefully there will be a throwable one in the updated de/ra.

That will provide you with some dynamic ability to mark friendlies or targets for gun runs.

biggrin_o.gif Very cool

It's not something that I really care about too much, I just want to be able to identify friendlies from baddies. I do alot of my flying around the Lower village. The huge one in the jungle with lots of fields around it. Try it around 0300 with NVGs in the AH-6... Dayum, that's tough!

I just don't like shooting my own guys too much  crazy_o.gif

Merc

I have heard that BAS are switching server.

Good luck BAS, hope its finished soon. smile_o.gif  smile_o.gif

+-+-+-+-+-+-+

IMPORTANT

This is JUST an IDEA, I know one of you is gonna bitch slap me for it, but It's just an idea.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+

-------------------------------

In Regards to the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment fleet of helicopters

160 SOAR (A)

'During the next several years, U.S. Army special operations helicopters will be upgraded with modern avionics, designed to improve the capabilities of the aircraft, while making them easier to maintain,' officials said.

The technology is called common avionics architecture system—or CAAS—and will be installed on special operations MH-47G Chinooks, MH-60M Black Hawks, and MH/AH-6M Little Birds cockpits. If the program goes as planned, more than 140 helicopters could be upgraded by 2010.

-------------------------------

Is Ballistic Addon Studios considering retrofitting their aircraft models or making addons of up to date models including some of these features:

"Glass Cockpits" (Similar to DKM's RAH-66 Comanche with multi-display screens)

The new models in the works are as follows-

MH-60K & MH-60M

Basic UH-60 Cockpit  MH-60K cockpit

MH-47E & MH-47G

Basic CH-47D Cockpit   MH-47E Cockpit

MH-6M & AH-6M

Current H-6 Cockpit   H-6M Cockpit

First of all, BAS has done a damn good job with the H-60 series, I have NO problems there. The H-47 is also great, but I was curious if there will ever be some "Touch up work" to smooth out some textures for a slightly higher degree of quality. Finally, I'm aware that the H-6's are undergoing "Face lifts" as we speak, and they shall be kick ass.

I just wanted to throw this idea out there for some people to discuss. The main differences would be:

1- Better visability in cockpit and around console for outside reference.

2- High quality virtual displays instead of guages.

3- Multi function displays such as- Artificial Horizon, GPS mode, Directional Gyro, Targeting Rectical, etc.

Once again, just an Idea, please give me your honest thoughts and opinions.

Merc

at the end of it all ur only going to fly around in it for 2 or 3 times admiring all the features but what could all this really do for operation flashpoint?? nothing the 60's just for transport/assualt great idea and everything.. visual is better but the work it would take is not worth it.

*just my opinion*