Sign in to follow this  
ale2999

1.92, o my goodness bis is the best 4eva

Just a little question: how is the patch can be published in "betaversion"? wink_o.gif

Or it means that it'll fix known bugs and add some new? wink_o.giftounge_o.gif

I think most of us have found one big bug too: When you are a tank gunner in MP game, sometimes gunsight just moves upwards or downwards and you can't do anything to stop it. And that's really annoying.

Hopefully they'll fix the Linux + 1.91 addons using a lot of scripts bug too, it's a shame that either linux servers cant use certain addons or that addon makers have to make several versions of addons (or make addons 1.90 compatible and miss out on the features implemented in 1.91).

I think most of us have found one big bug too: When you are a tank gunner in MP game, sometimes gunsight just moves upwards or downwards and you can't do anything to stop it. And that's really annoying.

This is indeed quite annoying, would be nice to get it fixed. Here's a quick "example" mission which demonstrates it a little bit (for Kolgujev).

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

version=11;

class Mission

{

randomSeed=2611203;

class Intel

{

};

class Groups

{

items=1;

class Item0

{

side="GUER";

class Vehicles

{

items=1;

class Item0

{

position[]={5234.468750,633.831360,6337.534180};

id=0;

side="GUER";

vehicle="T55G";

player="PLAY CDG";

leader=1;

skill=0.600000;

};

};

};

};

};

class Intro

{

randomSeed=13409795;

class Intel

{

};

};

class OutroWin

{

randomSeed=14467075;

class Intel

{

};

};

class OutroLoose

{

randomSeed=12504067;

class Intel

{

};

};

Put that on a multiplayer server, and go to the gunner and aim at some point and keep it there, at least for me the turrent starts to move on its own. It moves very little on this example, but on some missions it moves so much that its impossible to hit anything...

Edit: and this happens with all turrets apparenlt, tanks, m2 guns, etc.

Also: Could it be possible to fix the car horns?  wink_o.gif They havent worked in multiplayer since 1.0 (Exact bug is: The 'drySound' of weapons is not heard by anyone else than the player himself in multiplayer)

Cool, a new patch.

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>Thankyou</span>  

smile_o.gif

before people get their hopes too high, let me bring them down by playing brutal devil's advocate.

Maruk's post mentions 'cannot memorymap' error and 'directplay partition loss', and 'MP mod support'.

so please do not start a list of suggestions.

Thank you! Muchos Gracias! And in every other languge!

You kick ass BIS! biggrin_o.gif

Great news! so, but I sorta missed where this news comes from... rock.gif

Since this patch will obviously introduce updated file versions, will it also remedy the problem with the sever file check system reporting bad files on unaltered installs of OFP?

Look at the flashnews page.

RED

Well since it addresses the ADDON issues primarily...then while they're at it , they should really take alook at allowing the aircrat(of all types) to be developed to the fullest...after all ...we now have the ability to really put them to use on larger maps...Bis...give us the room to grow in the avionics dept. and allow us too develope better flight models...it would surely be to your benefit to pull in the flight sim community to play along with the first person shooters and tankers...IMO...it would be a win /win situation im sure...no?

Look at the flashnews page.

RED

Ah, got it. Again: great news. They probably had a breakthrough in OFP2 development, and realised they also could inplant it into the OFP1 engine to fix some longstanding bugs. I don't think they're putting effort into OFP1, without (in)direct benifit for OFP2.

btw: you can see they've added a new member group of the forums, called "OF Forum Team", containing Maruk, SCREAM and Suma. You think they've been assigned to assemble a community wishlist here at the forums? wink_o.gif

Great work BIS, you still bring us surprises and improvements smile_o.gif

Thank You BIS!!!Here are a few Things i think you could add&fix that would make this patch even more useful!!!

1.{Add}More than 30 Rounds in Respawn weapon

2.Can't see Soldiers Through Glass

3.{Add}More than 3 Grenades in M16/M203

4.Car horn sound is not sent across the net or LAN

5.when playing on a server as client some Haystacks jump up and down,also some Gas stations on Nogova also jump up and down,but it only happens when your in a vehical,or Chopper

sad_o.gif

Please,

I would like that this patch use to be an "AINT CHEAT" one.

- I'm fed up to see people on server with ammo trainer (unlimited armo)

- I'm fed up to see people who shoot in a frogy map as in a clear day

- I'm fed up to see people who create armored vehicles, like a M1A1 on Mokra map.

- I'm fed up to see people who run more fast as the normal.

Please, work for fight against these things,

you make me the hapiness man in the world.

Guys, don´t get your hopes up...BIS just want to fix some really critical issues...after all, they already released the 1.91 patch as final rock.gifwink_o.gif

W biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif T

The "cannot memory map" error is gonna go the way of the "2 is down" error.

BIS are my Heroes wink_o.gif

Thanks you BIS smile_o.gif  Its the best game forever for me two years long. This is best the ultimate open source game that is around. Good job and i buy OFP2 when its released  biggrin_o.gif

Rookie studio of the year 2002 you deserve much better  tounge_o.gif

before people get their hopes too high, let me bring them down by playing brutal devil's advocate.

Maruk's post mentions 'cannot memorymap' error and  'directplay partition loss', and 'MP mod support'.

so please do not start a list of suggestions.

Well, the point i mentioned is to do with MP Mod support, as it is addon makers using scripts in their addons (ie BAS) have to either make two versions of their addons or the addons cant be used on linux servers.

Thank you, guys from BIS, for everything.

Thanks BIS, in the name of OFP.info.

Could be cool if it was possible to mark servers as Favorites. What do you guys think about that rock.gif

Well, the point i mentioned is to do with MP Mod support, as it is addon makers using scripts in their addons (ie BAS) have to either make two versions of their addons or the addons cant be used on linux servers.

If its coded right it works on both platforms, The only problem I have come across yet keeping an addon from working on linux is either trying to run a addon with RequiredVersion-1.90 on the 1.90 linux server (seems to think its still 1.85) and leaving extra spaces after config entries. We run a linux DS and alot of my addon testing happens there as my addons are really made for MP.

Please,

I would like that this patch use to be an "AINT CHEAT" one.

- I'm fed up to see people on server with ammo trainer (unlimited armo)

- I'm fed up to see people who shoot in a frogy map as in a clear day

- I'm fed up to see people who create armored vehicles, like a M1A1 on Mokra map.

- I'm fed up to see people who run more fast as the normal.

Please, work for fight against these things,

you make me the hapiness man in the world.

i would add also some more checks on merged.pbo cheats, and modified weapons...

How about making it possible to make a good LAV/Coyote/other wheeled APC's/IFV's? smile_o.gif

Well despite the fact that a moderator has already said this shouldn't be a request thread it's still turned into one, so I will close it.

Bis have stated what the primary focus of the patch will be, they're primarily focusing on game stopping/damaging bugs, don't expect anything else, if you do get something else then be thankful, if not then be thankful that Bis still continue to support Opf way beyond a point that a lot of other companies stop supporting their games (if they even bother to release patches at all which some don't).