Sign in to follow this  

Ask a mod

About voting for the vip.. As english isnt my first language, i was wondering that what does "Quirkiest forum member" mean?

About voting for the vip.. As english isnt my first language, i was wondering that what does "Quirkiest forum member" mean?

Answered on the previous page. wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Yeah funny, bizarre, interesting, fascinating, whatever spin you want to put on it, just whichever person's posts you look out for because they make you chuckle, or think or amused or roll your eyes or whatever, I just thought it would be nice to have a slightly different category on there rather than the usual staid ones smile_o.gif

I will consider self votes in any category their way of saying they couldn't think of anyone to vote for in that category, ie it will be considered a null vote smile_o.gif

Why, you think it is impossible for someone to nominate themselves for some category if they think they were "best" in that one? I mean people vote for themselves all over the world... I think this perception of not voting for yourself is conceded.

Anyway, I think this PM voting is great, everyone gets a chance, no influence from little bars etc. Good. However I feel maybe you could have added more categories to vote on. So far it's cutting out quite a few very important qualities of members. For example; best debater does not mean "usually correct" or "brings most relevant news in", it just means long winded reponses etc. debating in itself is a skill one can study and expand on, whether one argues from right or completely wrong perspectives (like lawyers) If you want to have best debater category than ideally you should also have: most correct in discussions, most foresight in discussions, best grammar in discussions

In addition you should have many more categories actually related to OFP like: most unique scripting solutions/ideas, best mission creator, best CPP solutions, best help in Addon making, best help in mission making, best help in script design, stuff like that

What the categories are now, seems very very mainstream and it's as if they were made up in a minute. biggrin_o.gif

Many categories = diminishing value of the award. If you win one of only 6 it means you've really achieved something.

People can and will draw their own inflection as to the specific meaning of a category, that's what makes the awards so fascinating (well to me anyways having seen some of the early nominations biggrin_o.gif)

One question I've been asked a couple of times already, are moderators eligible for categories other than Best moderator? I think so yes, if you feel a moderator has been particularly helpful outside of their moderation duties, or is especially friendly, or is a great debater (whichever meaning you want to apply to it) vote for that moderator by all means smile_o.gif

Bleh, counting on peoples imagination are we, ok, yes of course Placebo, we'll vote for you. biggrin_o.gif

Would you like me to ban you so you can find out? wink_o.gif

Haha !

That´s great. Let me guess why we do the election this way this year:

a. The mods couldn´t agree on nominees and don´t talk to each other anymore (placebo has been seen with a whip lately  wow_o.gif  )

smily8825.gif

b. The mods had a complete amnesia after a mod - int(f)ernal beer fest and now want to hear some names from forum users to sort the names in their brains smily956.gif

c. They want to spy at our personal likes and dislikes to setup a GOOD USER - BAD USER list  biggrin_o.gif

Oh oh. smily871.gif

I´ll keep it with Rumsie this time:smily1066.gif

Quote[/b] ]"Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don't know we don't know."

Or perhaps we're doing it exactly because of the reasons I've already stated? rock.gif

Not sure what your problem is but you complained about your avatar not making the cut, you complained about the time we were taking to get to the nomination stage, now you're having a dig about the methods that have been chosen to nominate.

Would you like me to ban you so you can find out?  wink_o.gif

I take it back I take it back! biggrin_o.gif

Or perhaps we're doing it exactly because of the reasons I've already stated? rock.gif

Not sure what your problem is but you complained about your avatar not making the cut, you complained about the time we were taking to get to the nomination stage, now you're having a dig about the methods that have been chosen to nominate.

Relax man, I don't think he means anything real bad, just janking your chain a little. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Not sure what your problem is but you complained about your avatar not making the cut, you complained about the time we were taking to get to the nomination stage, now you're having a dig about the methods that have been chosen to nominate.

I don´t have a problem. If you can´t face a joke it´s not my problem...

If I´m not allowed to comment things, ban me.

I only was sorry that my Avatar didn´t make it for the elections. That´s somehow natural isn´t it ? I didn´t complain.

I did complain about the speed the elections were set up because it took you more than 2 months to start it finally. Sorry that I dared to complain...

What ghosts are you hunting placebo ?

If you have any problem with me send me a PM and don´t vent bad air here, especially if you don´t tell what really happened.

mad_o.gif

If you were joking then that's fine, I don't feel you were but I'm always happy to take someone on their word smile_o.gif Perhaps the language barrier is simply getting in the way of our sense of humour on this occasion smile_o.gif

I was toying with the idea of PM'ing you but didn't want you to feel especially victimised biggrin_o.gif

especially if you don´t tell what really happened.

No clue what that refers to, but "whatever" smile_o.gif

I take that as a "sorry" from your side.

Anything else would be mumpitz  wink_o.gif

Edit: Humbug = Mumpitz ,...to avoid language traffic jams and related crashes  biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]mumpitz

I've only just figured out what the shiznitz is, don't be springing another one on me crazy_o.giftounge_o.gif

Umm i dunno if this is the correct forum to ask but WTF happened to the OFP combat pics voting crazy_o.gif

Its been months now .................................................................. sad_o.gif

Umm i dunno if this is the correct forum to ask but WTF happened to the OFP combat pics voting  crazy_o.gif

Its been months now .................................................................. sad_o.gif

Writing the threads this week.  Should have them posted relatively soon.

It might be obsolete now dont you think?

Voting for OLD pics ?  sad_o.gif

Well I'm sure as hell not going to stop it now, or start over.

The pics that were submitted then will be voted on, and from the end of those submissions, to whenever the next submission period is, all pics are valid in that time. Doesn't matter if they are old.

Hey just a few quick questions regarding the VIP awards:

Can the same person win more than one category?

If there is a narrow vote between two people, i.e. <5 votes seperating will there be another vote between those two or more persons, or is this vote, the only vote?

Do you accept bribes?  biggrin_o.gif

Hey just a few quick questions regarding the VIP awards:

Can the same person win more than one category?

Well in the event of one person winning more than one category (right now it's a possibility for a couple of people) it would be pointless to declare them winner in both as they can only have one VIP avatar, so if that happens I will have to have a think of what we'll do smile_o.gif

If there is a narrow vote between two people, i.e. <5 votes seperating will there be another vote between those two or more persons, or is this vote, the only vote?

This vote is the only vote, unless there is a dead heat for first place.

Do you accept bribes? biggrin_o.gif

Pizza and some cigars and you have my vote wink_o.gif

Uh... can people change thier votes? I relised I screwed one up the second I sent it sad_o.gif

Uh... can people change thier votes? I relised I screwed one up the second I sent it sad_o.gif

Send Placebo another PM informing him of the mistake and I'll bet he'll be accomodating.

@ Mar. 09 2004,20:03)]

Send Placebo another PM informing him of the mistake and I'll bet he'll be accomodating.

Or I'll get banned for making more work for him tounge_o.gif

Doesn't matter now anyway, I can live with my mistake (unless the person I wanted to vote for lost by 1 vote to the person I did vote for crazy_o.gif )