Sign in to follow this  

Ask a mod

i just noticed a new (blue colored) member in the boards online stat´s, he goes by the name of "pepca" and his profile saiz that he is "BIS Network Programmer".

i wonder if he is the new network guru who´ll bring ingame joining capabilities to ofp wow_o.gif ? *drools*

i just noticed a new (blue colored) member in the boards online stat´s, he goes by the name of "pepca" and his profile saiz that he is "BIS Network Programmer".

i wonder if he is the new network guru who´ll bring ingame joining capabilities to ofp   wow_o.gif  ? *drools*

Actually he is not that new, joined in Nov. 2002 (as consultant).

You should check more often the BI Studio People  smile_o.gif

You can learn more about him at his website.

However, it seems like they have added quite some people for OFP2, esp. in the arts department.

aww...mistake.

seeing his face on the bi people page made me recall a pic of some guy in a tank with the subtitle "Mom can I rule the world now?" tounge_o.gif

is it him ?

omg zwadar works for bis wow_o.gif

i really have to check the people´s page more often...

Quote[/b] ]How the hell did colossus close this topic?

The close button. You can lock any thread that you started.

wow_o.gif Had no idea

For some seconds i thought we were in front of the same kind of forum hijacking that happened some months ago.

Question:

Could the Forum title be changed?

It's now sime thing like BI: Forums

And most off the people do: OMFG are you BI?

And I am getting sick of evry time saying: No it's just the FP85 forums for the game OFP....

Hey a name: FP85 forums ?

please? biggrin_o.gif

Question:

And I am getting sick of evry time saying: No it's just the FP85 forums for the game OFP....

please? biggrin_o.gif

These are the forums of Bohemia Interactive, so BI: Forums isn't that odd. It's more than just the original OFP:CWC discussions

wow_o.gif Had no idea

Yeah me either, since when... I thought this option was not allowed on BIS forums. hmm

Quote[/b] ] I thought this option was not allowed on BIS forums.

Well, I've used it once before, and it didn't give me any problems smile_o.gif .

I can't use it for some threads I started....

is it only specific forums maybe?

Hmm, I looked at an Offtopic thread I started and no option. What the heck? smile_o.gif

Did you look at the very bottom of the page (It's small and very low)?

Question:

please? biggrin_o.gif

Only immature people would come up with that and/or be bothered by it so no I don't see any need to change the name, if using a "BI" forum causes you to have issues and other such self questioning please seek out guidance from a trained professional or speak to a parent/teacher smile_o.gif

About the VIP-voting, "Quirkiest forum member", that's for being funny right?

Yeah funny, bizarre, interesting, fascinating, whatever spin you want to put on it, just whichever person's posts you look out for because they make you chuckle, or think or amused or roll your eyes or whatever, I just thought it would be nice to have a slightly different category on there rather than the usual staid ones smile_o.gif

I was asked a few questions in a PM and as I thought they were excellent questions and perhaps other people are wondering similar things I'll post them here along with my replies.........

Hi placebo, I am sure you have been asked this before, but I will ask anyway smile_o.gif Why are you doing the voting in private?

Nope I haven't been asked but I'll answer anyways smile_o.gif

I'm doing it in private for a couple of reasons, main ones are 1. Voting will not be influenced by anything other than personal opinion, ie you won't be voting for someone because you've just seen someone "influentual" vote for that same person, or because they're leading the race in the poll or whatever.  2. It's IMO more exciting (and traditional) to not know who the winners are until they are announced.

I think this is a pretty bad idea for the following reasons:

1. It will be a lot of work on your behalf adding up all the names and numbers.

Yup I know but I don't mind, it's really not that much of a big deal and the VIP awards are important, that's why we spent so much time arranging things so we were sure to do it right wink_o.gif

2. People may claim it is fixed as no real evidence of voting exists.

I'll be keeping every PM received, more than happy to publish them if anyone requests I do so at the end of it all.

3. You will probably not get as many votes as you would if you.

If I what? wink_o.gif I'll take it you mean create a list of nominees and let people choose from only that list in an easy public manner, perhaps true but those who spend a reasonable amount of time on the forums, care about the VIP awards, and have an opinion about the people around them are the type of people who will vote no matter the procedure and they're the ones the VIP awards are for smile_o.gif

4. There will be alot of names for people to choose from.

Yup which I believe is much better than someone selecting only a small fraction of the forum as nominees, everyone has a right to vote for who they want to, whether they be a "big name" or not smile_o.gif There should be a core group of people who stand out in the Opf forum, it's for each member to judge who stands out, nobody else, thus I believe it will speak volumes for each person that wins that they have won over 100's of other people smile_o.gif

I think doing it by PM is a fantastic idea, I especially agree with your replies to points 3 and 4. smile_o.gif It just makes sense.

What about spam votes. Eg. people nominating themselves in every category?

How about IP ban? wink_o.gif

What about spam votes. Eg. people nominating themselves in every category?

How about IP ban? wink_o.gif

eek! Is there a way to retrieve my vote? crazy_o.gif

jk wink_o.gif

I will consider self votes in any category their way of saying they couldn't think of anyone to vote for in that category, ie it will be considered a null vote smile_o.gif

Hmm, I looked at an Offtopic thread I started and no option.   What the heck?  smile_o.gif

The option to close your own thread is available but you have to go to the first page of your post to find it.